PCEC given an update on new Thai Immigration long stay extension rules

Rimmer

Darren suggested that the amounts transferred and deposited reflecting the required 65,000 baht per month be highlighted on the copies. In addition, he said you will most likely be asked to have a document that shows the source of your retirement funds. Darren said rental income is not an acceptable source as Thai Immigration considers it as not being a permanent monthly source of income.

19 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

Darren suggested that the amounts transferred and deposited reflecting the required 65,000 baht per month be highlighted on the copies. In addition, he said you will most likely be asked to have a document that shows the source of your retirement funds. Darren said rental income is not an acceptable source as Thai Immigration considers it as not being a permanent monthly source of income.

That is disappointing to say the least .   A pension income is derived from investments of your  contributions . The investments are wide spread and can as diversified as the stock market or tangibles such as house building / hotel chains etc .  They are all a vehicle to deliver an income during your retirement .   So the fact that the income is via a rental property that was bought as a retirement financial income should qualify .  In this day and age it is probably more reliable than state or private pensions . Who makes these rules up ? they need to be questioned at the very least . As long as its legal an income source is unimportant providing it is sustainable .  

28 minutes ago, superal said:

That is disappointing to say the least .   A pension income is derived from investments of your  contributions . The investments are wide spread and can as diversified as the stock market or tangibles such as house building / hotel chains etc .  They are all a vehicle to deliver an income during your retirement .   So the fact that the income is via a rental property that was bought as a retirement financial income should qualify .  In this day and age it is probably more reliable than state or private pensions . Who makes these rules up ? they need to be questioned at the very least . As long as its legal an income source is unimportant providing it is sustainable .  

I get your point but rental income can just stop suddenly. Very common in the UK. And from then on it becomes an expense, far from income. 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I get your point but rental income can just stop suddenly. Very common in the UK. And from then on it becomes an expense, far from income. 

Sure can & I understand that but if you are in it for the long haul it is wise to take out a landlords insurance which covers all sorts of anomalies including guaranteed rental returns , at a price of course . Do not want to get too deep into this  ,  just saying it is doable 

14 hours ago, superal said:

Sure can & I understand that but if you are in it for the long haul it is wise to take out a landlords insurance which covers all sorts of anomalies including guaranteed rental returns , at a price of course . Do not want to get too deep into this  ,  just saying it is doable 

And now do you  expect immigration to check for that? I expect there are quite a few in Pattaya who have casually rented their home out in the UK, and the rent (and maybe plus a state pension) is their income. Someone in the business professionally should be able to wrap up their income and transfer it to Thailand in a way that looks like a pension rather than rental income. 

I believe the Letter of Income, issued by the Austrian Consulate in Pattaya, for Austrians, Belgians, Dutch, French, Germans, will still be very much welcomed by Thai Immigration in Jomtien. 

The Consulate verify the incomes and state in their letter that they certify it. 

No work for the I. officers, which what they seems to like. 

My proper experience anyway in 15 years;

an average of 5 minutes dealing with the officer,

initially in Pattaya, since many years in Jomtien. 

Why anyone would need an agent,is beyond me,Just did

my extension in 1.5 hours a couple weeks ago,that's from

getting bank letter,driving to Immigration,processed 

and out the door,and that's at Chiang Mai ,where in the

past you had to be there at 4.00 in the morning just to

get a que number,Thank's Big Joke,you sorted them out.

regards worgeordie

On 5/3/2019 at 8:39 AM, essox essox said:
On 5/3/2019 at 3:06 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Just use an agent and ignore so called experts...and avoid queues,  paperwork etc. End of..

but HOW long WILL agents be in existance???

NO ONE KNOWS....

Agents will be in existence as long as IO's need money.

That according to my agent.

On 5/2/2019 at 7:28 PM, marcusarelus said:

And some people suggest paying for an agent. ????  Even JT knows more than this fellow.

Personally, I stay close to every utterance from our own esteemed UbonJoe. He is head and shoulders above any other source on recent immigration law for me.

I'm the kind if guy who doesn't trust my fate here to agents. I stay informed and do all my own visa work myself.

I know others like to use agents and to each his own.

On 5/11/2019 at 9:40 AM, bert bloggs said:

Who is a good agent in Pattaya for help changing to a marriage visa from retirement,no cash required as i have it just help? also any good translation people in soi post office? thanks

Turn  off soi Buakhao into Soi 15 and look to the right before Hideaway Bar. 

Archived