Brit finally removed from Phuket Town condo

snoop1130

Brit finally removed from Phuket Town condo

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1556795019_1-org.jpg

Australian-born Brit David Maclean was taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital. Photo: Ekkapop Thongtub

PHUKET:-- Australian-born British national David Maclean, 50, originally from Brisbane, Australia, after nearly four months barricaded in a Phuket Town condo has been safely removed from the apartment today (May 2), Phuket Tourist Police have confirmed.

Mr Maclean was removed from the ninth-floor condo, at the “Supalai Park at Phuket City” complex on Nakorn Rd, after Phuket Immigration officers broke a window to gain entry to the back of the unit from atop a fire truck ladder, confirmed Capt Ekkachai Siri of the Phuket Tourist Police.

The extrication took place at about 3pm, Capt Ekkachai said.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/brit-finally-removed-from-phuket-town-condo-71293.php#hJliJUoU1JD23U4H.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-05-02

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Today, Col Kathatorn told The Phuket News, “We told Mr Maclean to not worry about that right now. He will be charged with overstaying, but that his health was most important and that he must focus on recovering his health first.”

That's nice.  Next stop the monkey house.

Phuket Immigration officers broke a window to gain entry to the back of the unit from atop a fire truck ladder after four months

All because

the landlady had sent her adult children to collect the rent, but refused to give him receipts for rent paid.

Australian born, lived in England, barricaded himself in and got dragged out looking like he might drop dead.

Now off to prison.

Thailands version of Julian Assange.

5 hours ago, OneEyedPie said:
"Today, Col Kathatorn told The Phuket News, “We told Mr Maclean to not worry about that right now. He will be charged with overstaying, but that his health was most important and that he must focus on recovering his health first.”

That's nice.  Next stop the monkey house.

Hospital.

20,000 baht fine and 1 year ban.

Flight back home.

11 hours ago, madmen said:

The Brits could have hired this team for 300k baht to extract Assange instead of 7 million pounds

£16 million. I'm sure that the British police were highly impressed, when they've lost 20,000 officer's jobs to save money!

The main problem being that Assange's "home" was effectively overseas territory.

I have an old Brit friend who's a property agent in BKK and faced a similar problem. The occupier was refusing to pay the rent because one of his A/C's wasn't working. The property agent had the electricity cut off (apparently illegal to do so), but it did the trick!

12 hours ago, OneEyedPie said:

Sort of like the Thai version of Julian Assange with the emphasis on 'Ass'.  Seriously, falang will never win in LOS, as we all know, so not sure why he bothered.  

+1

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

A real warrior..

He has made sure not to loose his deposit  . We should learn from a fighter like that.

He clearly won this dispute ????.

+1

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

£16 million. I'm sure that the British police were highly impressed, when they've lost 20,000 officer's jobs to save money!

The main problem being that Assange's "home" was effectively overseas territory.

I have an old Brit friend who's a property agent in BKK and faced a similar problem. The occupier was refusing to pay the rent because one of his A/C's wasn't working. The property agent had the electricity cut off (apparently illegal to do so), but it did the trick!

or,  he could have repaired the A/C ?

13 hours ago, OneEyedPie said:

Sort of like the Thai version of Julian Assange with the emphasis on 'Ass'.  Seriously, falang will never win in LOS, as we all know, so not sure why he bothered.  

Nothing at all like Assange, who exposed US war crimes. This fool refused to pay rent.

On 5/3/2019 at 7:38 AM, Andrew65 said:

Oh yeah the Thais dont <deleted> around. I did it myself by cutting off the water which is still apparently legal to flush out an Arab . Still took 7 days which was probably the dirty pigs wash cycle.

Like this guy was just refusing to pay, without a receipt wasn't it ?  Or that was what he was saying ?  ...  Maybe it was just an excuse not to pay ?  ... ...  Like the Owners just wanted to avoid Tax, ... Like everyone else ! ?  ...  Why not just pay them ! ?

I paid Cash to Italian landlords in Australia for Years !  ... And on the upside got 2 very nice, free bottles of homemade Italian style, wine for Christmas every year ! 

I cannot believe it ... This guy !  .....  Obviously something else wrong with him right ! ?  ...

Or well was it the children coming to collect the cash that may have spooked him ?  Some ground for being a bit nervous, but well, I think in this situation you just pay, and hope for the best, and if they try to collect twice, … THEN you barricade yourself in the place and you then even have something to stand on ! ...  Still a lot of trouble, ... all for nothing, ... well unless he really wanted to be Locked up ?  .... And possibly then in a mental home ?  ....  I guess that they will just deport him.  ...  So to the UK ?  or back to Brisbane, like speaking as an Australian, ... we do not want him, he has UK citizenship, ... so rather deport him back to the UK right, …. and the new Bulk payed as you go social security system there !!!  ...Har Har ....

It is hard to understand why he got himself into this situation over a dispute with a landlady over a short term rental while on a temporary visa. Just resolve the dispute in the best way you can, understanding that laws are woolly here and foreigners are not fairly treated, and move out. Then either go home or extend visa before its expiry. He can’t have enjoyed his holiday very much.

Archived