Brit finally removed from Phuket Town condo

snoop1130

Just now, Mark mark said:

Or well was it the children coming to collect the cash that may have spooked him ?  Some ground for being a bit nervous, but well, I think in this situation you just pay, and hope for the best, and if they try to collect twice, … THEN you barricade yourself in the place and you then even have something to stand on ! ...  Still a lot of trouble, ... all for nothing, ... well unless he really wanted to be Locked up ?  .... And possibly then in a mental home ?  ....  I guess that they will just deport him.  ...  So to the UK ?  or back to Brisbane, like speaking as an Australian, ... we do not want him, he has UK citizenship, ... so rather deport him back to the UK right, …. and the new Bulk pay as you go social security system there !!!  ...Har Har ....

He will have to go back to the country of the passport he used to enter Thailand. Sounds like it will be the UK.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bristolgeoff said:

it took 4 mths to remove him,why so long

Because contrary to what a lot on here would have us believe, the locals will put up with a whole lot of grief from exceedingly dim farangs rather than get all shouty, offensive and aggressive. It takes a lot to push their buttons.

That and nobody really does ANYTHING around here until after Songkran.

1 hour ago, attento said:

or,  he could have repaired the A/C ?

That was the bone of contention. I think that in the contract it's stated that maintenance like this is the responsibility  of the lessee. I've had experience of this, getting good maintenance people can be a bloody nightmare! I ended up getting a toolkit together and DIY'ing it, where possible, although probably not possible with A/C units.

2 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

He will have to go back to the country of the passport he used to enter Thailand. Sounds like it will be the UK.

He will be looked after,a caring place the UK .Hope he recovers. Many mentally sick people about.

19 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Phuket Immigration officers broke a window to gain entry to the back of the unit from atop a fire truck ladder after four months

19 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Phuket Immigration officers broke a window to gain entry to the back of the unit from atop a fire truck ladder after four months

All because

the landlady had sent her adult children to collect the rent, but refused to give him receipts for rent paid.

Australian born, lived in England, barricaded himself in and got dragged out looking like he might drop dead.

Now off to prison.

Thailands version of Julian Assange.

Australian born Brit ?   He must have a mental problem.

4 hours ago, jgarbo said:

Nothing at all like Assange, who exposed US war crimes. This fool refused to pay rent.

NO  she refused to give him a receipt. Hope they look at her tax returns, cash in the pocket.

5 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

I hope he will be presented with a firm invoice of all costs incurred as a result of his stupid behaviour.

Plus a "persona non grata" stamp in his passport.

Don't understand do you ? He paid rent but she refused to give receipts.

Wonder why People want to stay in a Place they are not welcome when they are welcome where they can stay … ????

8 hours ago, Different said:

I don't blame him or others for refusing to leave heaven on earth, and go out to the wild material world.  Those who feel the same should learn how to barricade themselves very well.????

Those who feel the same should learn how to barricade themselves very well.????

A bit easier if you pay the rent and keep a valid visa as a minimum… :thumbsup:

21 hours ago, hellohello123 said:
On 5/3/2019 at 1:24 AM, ukrules said:

Notable that Assange is also from Australia. Is this kind of thing common down under?

Nah, we are too busy boxing kangaroos

No, we care about people with mental health issues, and we give receipts for rent paid, plus we have

teams of negotiators who have been trained to talk to people in these situations, usually all resolved in a few hours. Dont ever compare australia with 3rd world Thailand muff muffs. ( just wondering if there is such a thing as 4th word countries, im sure Thailand would qualify first, as we know they love to be no 1).

Archived