BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Thai dentists are great! Thai man goes from goofy to babe magnet in two years!

I have been very unhappy with the cost and quality of my dental work in Thailand until my last procedure, the installation of an implant, which was done well at St. Louis.

I went to a newish clinic in Chiang Rai for a root canal yesterday and came out quite impressed.  Not particularly cheap but excellent work and no pain.

24 minutes ago, dakineto said:

Which dentist would you recommend then, for some major work, crowns and bridge? I went to a dental hospital in Bangkok years ago, it looked professional but quite expensive. Later to a hospital in Phitsanulok, happy with the dentists there,  but not sure about their technicians. 

Avoid tourist areas, shopping malls and Dental chains, small independent ones a bit out of the way are best IMO. If that dental Hospital was off Sukhumvit avoid unless money is no object.

Like most posters, I have been very very happy with the extensive and complicated dental work carried out here, in Chiang mai. It cost a little more than I expected but I am impressed with the expertise and compassion. I dont care ( and why should I?) whether they are trained by farang, or their professors, were trained by farang. Not my business.

And as for the frequent thai 'bashing' ( it means criticizing for any who dont get it), I have seen as many lazy idiots in my previous lives in the UK and Spain as I see here. And were it not for the effective policing their, i believe driving standards would be as bad as here. Its the fear of being caught, and the penalties (potential loss of license) that keep folk to the rules.

An offensive troll post has been removed as well as the replies. 

I need the services of a good dentist, I have many holes and teeth with lumps missing, the only trouble is I am petrified of them, I booked an appointment at a good hospital in Sri Racher quite a while ago, as usual they take your blood pressure prior to doing anything, my BP was 260 / 160 or something stupid, I ended up in the emergency room with the threat of being admitted.

All I need is a general anaesthetic or a jab in the back of the hand to knock me out (I had this for an extraction back in the UK) while they do what they need to do and let me out after, but they won't do it. It's a conundrum.

My first experience  with Thai dentists was for a new partial lower dental plate because my original had been broken too many times. Two  appointments. The first  to take  the impression. Ten days  later  for fitting. 10 minutes of minor adjustment and done. 1850 Bht.  But then I was asked what I wanted to do about the two  temporary caps ? Excuse me,  what temporary  caps?

Well, the two  caps you have are of temporary material. Did  you  intend  to have more work done on them?

I was gobsmacked( ok, small pun) and  said no, not at this  time.

In my home  cuntry they had  cost me  $1200 each!

Five  years on I went to full dentures due to hereditary  gum disease.

A  full mouth of  implants is very far from my financial capacity.

Last set of excellent full dentures from my local hospital....4000Bht. The  "farang price".

In MY EXPERIENCE, Thai dentists are terrible 

In MY EXPERIENCE, Thai dentists are ALWAYS, UNIVERSALLY PERFECT 

Needed a crown rebuilt in Europe this was going to cost me several thousand Euros I believe. Got it done in Chang Mai Ram for something like 20,000 baht - so paid for my (off-season) airfare.

38 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

In MY EXPERIENCE, Thai dentists are ALWAYS, UNIVERSALLY PERFECT 

Your experience appears unreliable...

2 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Your experience appears unreliable...

Well, my experience with Thais is only allowed to be but so negative. There is an imposed limit. It is not permitted to be too bad.

Same in North Korea and China 🙏

I was just out walking the dog and received a call on my Apple Watch.  It was the dental clinic calling to follow up after I had a root canal yesterday.  They wanted to make sure everything was okay and I was not feeling any pain or discomfort.  Pretty darn thoughtful if you ask me.  Oh, and I feel great today.👌👍

Due to a series of traumatic and very painful visits to our dentist as a child, I grew up terrified of them. After my first visit to a dentist here, I was amazed then she told me we were finished - I hardly felt a thing! So gently and such nimble fingers! I have absolutely no fear of going to the dentist's here. Top marks from me! 

2 hours ago, villagefarang said:

I was just out walking the dog and received a call on my Apple Watch.  It was the dental clinic calling to follow up after I had a root canal yesterday.  They wanted to make sure everything was okay and I was not feeling any pain or discomfort.  Pretty darn thoughtful if you ask me.  Oh, and I feel great today.👌👍

my danang dentist always messages me after work that can lead to pain  like a root canal or when i broke a tooth. over the counter codeine can be a blessing and commonly available at every pharmacy.