Thai dentists are great! Thai man goes from goofy to babe magnet in two years!

webfact

On 5/5/2019 at 5:20 AM, JimmyJ said:

Any recommendations for Chiang Mai dentists?

Chang Mai Ram (next to  Starbucks on the west  side of the moat). They're a bit pricey but they have done excellent work on my  mouth. Friends are always saying "oh go to this place, or that - they're cheaper!" but I always stick with this lot.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/5/2019 at 7:58 AM, RJRS1301 said:

Concerns regarding implants, higher possible infection rate, possible bone density problems due to ageing, and some rejection due to implant being "foreign material". Things to be discussed and considered.

good points. it should be known that cigarette smoking is detrimental to success of implants.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3894084/

4 hours ago, nglodnig said:

Chang Mai Ram (next to  Starbucks on the west  side of the moat). They're a bit pricey but they have done excellent work on my  mouth. Friends are always saying "oh go to this place, or that - they're cheaper!" but I always stick with this lot.

Any specific dentist there?

• 4 weeks later...

Not all Thai dentists are great. There are horror stories here and there. It still pays to pick a topnotch place. I always use Thantakit Dental Center. They started Invisalign in Thailand and Qantas uses them. Building is huge and the dentists are very competent. I believe it's definitely worth choosing a healthcare or dental care facility that is already established. Cheers.

Does anyone know about getting root canal treatment after they fitted a crown? Do they drill thought the crown, do the root canal then fill, or is it a case of having to have the crown removed and replaced after root canal work?

7 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Does anyone know about getting root canal treatment after they fitted a crown? Do they drill thought the crown, do the root canal then fill, or is it a case of having to have the crown removed and replaced after root canal work?

i had that exact same issue. if dentist is not highly motivated, or lazy, or short of time or wanting to sell another crown, they may say crown needs to come off first.  my dentist agreed to do it drilling through crown but she honestly told me if she cannot achieve good access and treat root 100% she will need to remove crown.  it worked out great to this day. preserved crown

Archived