Root Canal at LDC Dental

villagefarang

Had a root canal at LDC here in Chiang Rai, yesterday.  They fly a doctor up from Bangkok once a month for specialized jobs like this.  I was quite happy with the initial consult, the work they did yesterday and the followup call I received today to check on how I was feeling.  FaceBook link below.  For those concerned with cost, this is probably not the cheapest option.

LDC Dental Chiang Rai

I prefer not to state how much I pay for things.  If anyone is interested in their cost structure, I would advise contacting LDC directly.  I think it is safe to assume there could be variations in price depending on individual circumstances.  I was happy with their workmanship, equipment and staff.  I need to go back in three months for a followup but don't care to get into the specifics of what work I may need at that time.

No commission just trying to be helpful.  Over the years people have asked about dental services here in Chiang Rai and this appeared to be a new option.  In the past I drove to Chiang Mai to have dental work done but the cost of transportation, food and accommodation added considerably to the cost.  With that eleven kilometer section where they are working on the road, the drive to Chiang Mai is not quite as nice so I thought I would try this option.

In the past I was unimpressed with Sriburin and Overbrook but this place I liked, so I posted to inform those who may not know of its existence. 

Far cheaper and a free holiday with much better treatment than here to fly to PI and get the work done properly. Thai dentists only wanna do implants....useless as far as Im concerned and would be eight teeth less if I had listened to the idiots parading as dentists in Pattaya.

I watched a documentary called Root Cause on Netflix, and it claimed that virtually no root canal procedures are safe because they often cause other serious health problems. It seemed like a pretty far fetched claim, and i see that the Australian doco has now been removed and all references scrubbed from Netflix. It's not clear if complaints from professional dentistry associations claiming it contained false information was the reason for it being removed or whether there were other reasons as Netflix has not responded to questions about it. 

• 1 month later...

You said you had a root canal with Dr in from BKK. Do you use them for routine care like cleanings? If so, what was your satisfaction?

I have gone to Chiang Mai for any major procedures, but I've never found a dental clinic in Chiang Rai I would go back to for routine cleanings. I have tried many, and several were "ok", but have yet to find one I would give an enthusiastic thumbs up.

12 hours ago, Manassas said:

You said you had a root canal with Dr in from BKK. Do you use them for routine care like cleanings? If so, what was your satisfaction?

I have gone to Chiang Mai for any major procedures, but I've never found a dental clinic in Chiang Rai I would go back to for routine cleanings. I have tried many, and several were "ok", but have yet to find one I would give an enthusiastic thumbs up.

Sorry, this is my first experience with them so can't comment on their standard services, like cleaning.

Archived