BANGKOK 26 May 2019 17:20
Xmas

Retirement Visa Renewal

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Additional money.

That's why I've asserted that the recent onerous rule changes towards super seasoning on steroids is in EFFECT a crafty way to RAISE the financial requirements. 

Others have pushed back saying there was no raise in financial requirements, mostly people that have always just kept a static 800K anyway.

But I feel they're totally wrong. They were already meeting these crafty HIGHER levels. 

Also keep in mind for the rest of the year you aren't allowed to go one baht under 400K baht. That's part of the scheme to virtually RAISE the financial requirements.

This represents a MAJOR change, a major NEGATIVE change from the POV of retired expats using the 800K method. 

The 800K is basically a fixed, long term bank deposit used as a continuous financial  'Bond' for immigration extensions only,  it can't really be considered as a liquid fund available for day to day living expenses, where clearly, additional income/deposits are required. 

• Like 1

In that that case immigration have raised the income level for retirement and marriage?

On 5/4/2019 at 12:10 PM, Xmas said:

Thank you for the info. Motdaeng it seems from your post that 2 months is the official position. I wonder if anyone has tested this recently?

Some offices are requiring Three months unless this is the first extension than two months

• Like 2

Three weeks ago I was told at CR TI that three months was the requirement.  First visa and subsequent extensions.

1st time applicants 2 months those who are renewing its 3 months

The 800K is basically a fixed, long term bank deposit used as a continuous financial  'Bond' for immigration extensions only,  it can't really be considered as a liquid fund available for day to day living expenses, where clearly, additional income/deposits are required. 
Perhaps is closer to that now.
Not before the changes!

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 5/7/2019 at 7:45 PM, sfokevin said:

Also the law says you can not spend down below 400k in the non seasoning months

I withdrew all 800k after renewing my extention last month, as the new regulation isn’t in force at my immigration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I withdrew all 800k after renewing my extention last month, as the new regulation isn’t in force at my immigration.

That was risky. It may be in effect when you go in for your next one meaning at the very least that you'd be ineligible for your next extension.

Would that be unfair?

So what else is new?

41 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That was risky. It may be in effect when you go in for your next one meaning at the very least that you'd be ineligible for your next extension.

Would that be unfair?

So what else is new?

May be he has the Embassy  lettter? 

Additional money.
That's why I've asserted that the recent onerous rule changes towards super seasoning on steroids is in EFFECT a crafty way to RAISE the financial requirements. 
Others have pushed back saying there was no raise in financial requirements, mostly people that have always just kept a static 800K anyway.
But I feel they're totally wrong. They were already meeting these crafty HIGHER levels. 
Also keep in mind for the rest of the year you aren't allowed to go one baht under 400K baht. That's part of the scheme to virtually RAISE the financial requirements.
This represents a MAJOR change, a major NEGATIVE change from the POV of retired expats using the 800K method. 

I agree with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, twizzian said:

good luck with that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

then why did he have the 800K in the bank for his extension? 

• Like 1

Huh?
He was obviously talking about an 800k based application. Not income based. Nothing to to do with embassy letters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

1st time applicants 2 months those who are renewing its 3 months

2 months in  pattaya. 

depends where you live.

• Like 1