Unemployed Thai man nabbed in Bangkok for "doing a runner" at luxury hotel restaurants

rooster59

5 minutes ago, Pattaya28 said:

Give the guy a break.

Was probably hungry .

I'm not buying it as there's far easier ways of finding a free meal than going to the most expensive hotel restaurants.

He could also find a job.  

Just now, OneEyedPie said:

I'm not buying it as there's far easier ways of finding a free meal than going to the most expensive hotel restaurants.

I can recommend hanging around in food courts; it's surprising how much uneaten food you can find in a couple of hours

7 hours ago, OneEyedPie said:

I'm not buying it

Neither was he :cheesy:

7 hours ago, OneEyedPie said:

far easier ways of finding a free meal than going to the most expensive hotel restaurants

No. A hotel is easier, because of the size, and the fact that the toilet was probably a far greater distance from the table he was dining at, than the toilet in a restaurant. 

1 hour ago, Pattaya28 said:

No. A hotel is easier, because of the size, and the fact that the toilet was probably a far greater distance from the table he was dining at, than the toilet in a restaurant. 

No, allow me.  A Thai can approach half a dozen 30-60 baht noodle stalls to beg for a meal and guaranteed that he'll be successful at least once, if not more.

The hotel scam was due to his extravagant tastes and Hi So pretentions.  Nothing more. 

10 hours ago, OneEyedPie said:

The hotel scam was due to his extravagant tastes and Hi So pretentions.  Nothing more

Didn't know Thais had extravagant tastes. 

Maybe he did it for a bet to see how large a bill he could rack up and get away with.

3 minutes ago, Pattaya28 said:

Didn't know Thais had extravagant tastes. 

Maybe he did it for a bet to see how large a bill he could rack up and get away with.

If he had extravagant tastes he should have ordered Pelican, that has a big bill.

Archived