Weeds, trash tarnish new Nongprue park project

Rimmer

Weeds, trash tarnish new Nongprue park project

image.png

PATTAYA:--Nongprue residents complained about weeds and garbage on the edge of Charknok Reservoir, saying the sight will put off tourists to the new park.

Mayor Mai Chaiyanit acknowledged that about 10 rai of land surrounding the lake are overgrown and strewn with both garbage and sewage.

The subdistrict already received 59 million baht from the Designated Areas for Sustainable Tourism Administration to build a new public park at the reservoir, but Mai said he also needs the Royal Irrigation Department to take care of the water source itself.

In the meantime, Nongprue will clean up trash in the area and post patrol officers to prevent illicit dumping.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-05-04--

Pattaya needs more recreational areas such as this project.

For many years now the Charknok Reservoir area has been seen by many Thai SME companies and builders as a dumping ground for all kinds of trash.

I was around the Temple end of the Reservoir the other  evening, and it looks a whole lot better than previously, it really was nice, and will be even better once the trash is controlled ( if ever ).

Now some real effort has to be put into the opposite end of the Reservoir along the short cut route to Hua Yai.

That will probably mean getting the illegal Jet Ski and Water Ski operators evicted. Etc  but these people set up home on the Reservoir when they were kicked out of Pattaya / jomtien, and have blighted the location ever since.

3 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

That will probably mean getting the illegal Jet Ski and Water Ski operators evicted. Etc  but these people set up home on the Reservoir when they were kicked out of Pattaya / jomtien, and have blighted the location ever since.

That’s interesting. 

How is it that they are illegal?

if I was the mayor I would tell them if they want to stay then they must clean up the mess and keep it clean, or they are out.

There are very few small pockets of Pattaya and Nongprue that are not covered in trash. Pattaya used to be a beautiful place, tropical paradise. Now it is either concreted over , and where is not concrete it is covered in rubbish.

They really have wrecked it.

15 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

This is a reservoir!  Any form of motorised water craft has no business to be on the water.  This is someone's drinking water supply!

Mind you, I've seen worse.  On more than one occasion I have seen seen pick-up trucks getting washed in the water there.  All sorts of oily filth polluting the lake.  Disgusting!

3 minutes ago, doctormann said:

This is a reservoir!  Any form of motorised water craft has no business to be on the water.  This is someone's drinking water supply!

Mind you, I've seen worse.  On more than one occasion I have seen seen pick-up trucks getting washed in the water there.  All sorts of oily filth polluting the lake.  Disgusting!

i guess this is one of the reasons why it isn't anyone's drinking water and people have to buy bottled water

Nongprue is and has always been one of the dirtiest municipalities in Thailand. Every road verge is full of litter, and dotted with fly-tipping concentrations. The fly-tippers are quite blatant, and every so often someone sets light to the tips, resulting in clouds of toxic black smoke. Cement lorries wash out their drums into the ditches, leaving solid lumps of concrete. 

The roads in Nongprue are a disgrace, collections of potholes joined together by sub-standard blacktop, and filled with gravel which washes out with any rain.

The road around Chaknork has collapsed twice because of poor drainage, design and construction. 

Time for a cull at  the top.

Archived