British divorced from a Canadian woman

I'm thinking she and her friend's will know what to do. Do you have your Canadian divorce paper?

I just put on a suit and followed along to the "registery Office"

Also might be worth a call to the Embassy to find out if they have any requirements if that matters to you. 

NB I was the only guy there wearing a suit.

You will have to a affirmation of your marital status at the embassy to register your marriage at Amphoe.

Info here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand#affirmation-of-marital-status

After doing the affirmation it will have to be translated to Thai and be certified at the Department of Consular affairs in Bangkok.

You should check with the Amphoe where your will be registering your marriage about what they require.

46 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will have to a affirmation of your marital status at the embassy to register your marriage at Amphoe.

Info here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand#affirmation-of-marital-status

After doing the affirmation it will have to be translated to Thai and be certified at the Department of Consular affairs in Bangkok.

You should check with the Amphoe where your will be registering your marriage about what they require.

I do have the divorce papers, but they where done in London, will I have to contact the Canadian embassy or just the British one

3 hours ago, tucker4444 said:

I do have the divorce papers, but they where done in London, will I have to contact the Canadian embassy or just the British one

What you need from memory to marry in Thailand is a translation of the decree nisi whatever country it came from that's the embassy you want for confirming your freedom to marry again.

Archived