Do you need to have your passport with you when staying at hotels in Bangkok?

theboogeyman

I hope you stay at home forever, OP.  I couldn't possibly cope with another of your leisurely holiday's.  

Also with OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) I don’t even like removing my paperwork from my briefcase and then reorganizing it, I hate it. Even at the bank when I update my pass book and have my statements printed out even the girls at the bank notice how organized I am and how particular I am about putting my paperwork away in my binder. They can see that it’s OCD if they know what that is. If you were to watch me handling my paperwork you’d notice immediately that I’m OCD by the extremely careful way I check everything when putting it away and how extremely particular I am about how I organize it.

It can be a good thing sometimes because my attention to even the smallest details are amazing. If someone has gone through my personal stuff I will know no matter how careful they are about putting it back exactly how I left it. I will just notice the slightest little detail out of place that most people would not even think about. My Jump Master training and a lot of other military training I’ve had including combat experience probably contributed to my extreme OCD and anxiety disorder. Because they pound attention to the smallest details in your head.

For example the JMPI test in Jump Master school and when doing Jump Master duty. Because when you are inspecting someone’s parachute before a jump one little missed detail could get that jumper seriously injured or killed, and that’s just on the ground. On the plane you’re responsible for everyone’s life on your chalk and if you miss the drop zone or something or make a mistake and cause a miss-drop then everyone lands in the trees and that could cause injuries and even potential fatalities. And that’s just Static Line jumping at lower altitudes. Jump Master duty on HALO Jumps (High Altitude Low Opening) (Military Free Fall) (MFF) is even scarier and twice as much responsibly. And that’s just a little bit about what I used to do for a living.

And then there’s combat operations in countries like Iraq and Afghanistan I don’t think I have to explain the seriousness of that.

So that explains a little bit about why I am the way I am. If you knew me in person you’d probably see that I’m not just weird and you’d probably like me depending on your personality. Most people do.

And my post before this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL the pizza company did get our hotel address mixed up with our home address in Korat because we ordered pizza from the 1112 number when we arrived the first night. I just ordered pizza and they asked if we were still staying at the hotel in Bangkok. So lol [emoji23] no it wasn’t immigration I had to worry about it was the pizza company.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 5/6/2019 at 3:31 PM, theboogeyman said:

Seriously does anyone know if they are supposed to print our names on bus tickets? Neither my wife or my name is printed on our bus tickets going there and back. We already boarded the bus for the first trip so it’s not a big deal but I’m just curious.

And the bus station where I live at least didn’t even check anyone’s ID who boarded they just did the ticket thing as if we were just walking into a movie theater lol. I do remember though that they did ask for our names when I bought the tickets but that was it.

Surely they must at least have a passenger manifest in case of an accident right?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I get train tix frequently and they don't put name on ticket.. might be different through a ticket agent, though... they always check tickets, but never seen anyone have to show passport or ID on the moving train. 

Archived