Hospital apologizes after ICU nurse revealed as big drug dealer - she hid drugs in hospital locker

Hospital apologizes after ICU nurse revealed as big drug dealer - she hid drugs in hospital locker

nurse1.JPG

Image: Daily News

The director of Prajuab Khiri Khan hospital has apologized to patients and society at large following the arrest on drug charges of one of their ICU nurses.

Duangkamon "Koy" Phisutsiang, 30, and her boyfriend Ekarat Saengathituthai, 37, had earlier been arrested.

A large quantity of Ya Ba, compressed ganja and "ice" had been found at their hospital flat and in a locker in the ICU room of the hospital. 

Koy has been sacked and is now in custody. 

The couple had been said to have grown rich on the proceeds of drug dealing. They had been selling drugs for a long time.

Director Dr Suphachai Suphapriksakun said this was a personal matter but he was profoundly sorry that such a thing had been going on in his hospital.

He said that the head of ICU was deeply stressed that drugs had been found stashed there. 

However, he said it would be impractical to search nurses working at the hospital.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-04

nurse2.JPG

drug abuse is a problem amongst health care workers as they have access to narcotics though this nurse had non hospital acquired stock LOL.

drug abuse has been a huge problem among anesthesiology residents in training. i had a friend traing in anesthesia that was using fentanyl patches. one day at work he was the one that had to be resuscitated.

8 hours ago, Prairieboy said:

Random searches may be an idea.  They could always be expanded if more illegalities are discovered.

Accompanied by random drug testing. Both urine and oral swabs, including medicos, ward staff and nurses

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

drug abuse is a problem amongst health care workers as they have access to narcotics though this nurse had non hospital acquired stock LOL.

drug abuse has been a huge problem among anesthesiology residents in training. i had a friend traing in anesthesia that was using fentanyl patches. one day at work he was the one that had to be resuscitated.

one  of highest rates of suicide per profession( in western countries) occurs in anaesthetists, access to drugs, and nurses rarely question if required to countersign for drugs, due to the "god" complex of many medicos.

"The couple had been said to have grown rich on the proceeds of drug dealing."

Probably bragging about their wealth and causing attention or jealousy in their neighbourhood.

After greed there comes the fall...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, atyclb said:

Really?

With pressed kilo bricks of crappy strains of Thai hay....

15 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:
22 hours ago, atyclb said:

Really?

With pressed kilo bricks of crappy strains of Thai hay....

he was training in usa

17 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

a nurse selling ya baa! i don't get it! she knows the harmful health consequences of that drug on the society.

Greed  does not have ethics

Tiz common knowledge that gambling and debt is the domain of army wives.  Well apparently nurses are similarly cursed. This was said recently, at a social event frequented by many senior nurses. "How can I also get a farang?" (Answer: "I can't really tell you, because I don't meet other farangs that often.) The retort from another nurse was," Are you sure that any farang would ever put up with you?" It was thus implied that she was a compulsive  and unsuccessful gambler, who was naively looking for someone to bail her out.

6 hours ago, Mexlark said:

Tiz common knowledge that gambling and debt is the domain of army wives.  Well apparently nurses are similarly cursed. This was said recently, at a social event frequented by many senior nurses. "How can I also get a farang?" (Answer: "I can't really tell you, because I don't meet other farangs that often.) The retort from another nurse was," Are you sure that any farang would ever put up with you?" It was thus implied that she was a compulsive  and unsuccessful gambler, who was naively looking for someone to bail her out.

Bit of a slur on nurses, who are notoriously underpaid, work under xtremely stressful conditions, generally undervalued by medical doctors and community 

A few bad apples in all professions and nationalities.

What can I say. Next time I'm in the ICU in the PKK hospital, I will insist on all all nurses having a pee test, which I'll happy administer, and only those tested positive can look after me, but only if they share. On a more positive note, having spent 4 days in an Government hospital ICU, I love them all, hard working and great ladies, and nursing assistants too, that gave me a Thai "shower" twice a day! I'm still kind of shy meeting them on the town occationaly ....

She didn't steal or use any of the hospitals medicine nor is it proven that she took some drugs by herself.
So what is all the fuzz about?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Archived