Best Place to purchase an aircon in Chiang Mai.

kd2000

On 5/5/2019 at 9:29 AM, eyecatcher said:

Forget the 9k btu units, you will not find any for much longer.

Best place to buy are the small independants. The big stores have added 40% to every unit and the sales people woildnt even know the size of the power cable it needs.

Theres a great little place right opposite the Index, Central Air, we got a 13k LG inverter model installed for 10500bt.

You will not find anywhere to touch that price. A mitsu inverter for 12/14k, same model 22k in Home pro.

Dont order online, same as dont get one from makro, you still need to find an installer who will want a lot more for installing another someone elses model.

Another independant in nong hoi opposite bakermart, these guys know the business inside out and will value your custom more highly.

Keep away from Samsung and Toshiba, Panasonic, like their tvs they are cheap in quality.

Best quality and best reputation are Mitsubishi, Daikin,York.

We wary of the new Thai company that is out to seriously dent the Samsung market, i forget the name but they are simply rebranding the Toshiba brands, hyping the specs but sadly you cant make a silk purse from a sows ear.

Why keep awa from Toshiba?  Would you keep away from Carrier also?  Same outfit.  Why no 9000k units?  It's one of the most popular sizes.

10 hours ago, Dellboy218 said:

I looked at Panasonic in Global the other day, the one I was interested in was 10k cheaper than Home Pro.  500B to remove old unit, 1700B to fit new one.   There is also the stores out of town like Do-Home, part of Ubon Watsadu that have a selection of aircons and purifiers.

Homepro prices are usually more expensive than competitors.

10 hours ago, Dellboy218 said:

Why keep awa from Toshiba?  Would you keep away from Carrier also?  Same outfit.  Why no 9000k units?  It's one of the most popular sizes.

Toshiba Carrier, well everyone has to make their own choice and live with it. Toshiba have had reputation pretty much like a Lada car for 40yrs, starting with televisions, they failed there and things didnt improve.

If you seek out Carrier heating and cooling consumer affairs reviews the current overall satisfaction rating is 1 star. The reviews will bring tears to your eyes.

Simply put horses for courses there are far better and trusted manufacturwers.

I very much doubt that the 9k btu split air is the most popular, but i suppose out of five sizes only it will be in the top four!

I recently looked in all the usual outlets and the 9k was very limited indeed, your choice maybe a Samsung or Toshiba and pricewise not a significant saving.

When it comes to sizing your aircon, I am a bit analytical working on 600btu/m2 +for poor insulation+1st or top floor +windows + north facing or south + bedroom or living room

But as a quick ready reckoner a bedroom needs 700-800btu/m2 and a livi g room needs 800-900btu/m2

And for that reason its very obvious that a 9000btu aircon is of little value other than a very small bedroom.

On 5/6/2019 at 2:59 PM, eyecatcher said:

I promise you 9k will be obsolete the day after you buy.

for 15m2 you need a 12k anyway.

What do you mean by " obsolete " ? for two years, I have a Daikin inverter, 8500 BTU, normal temperature is 40 C in the afternoon, ( second floor ) I use it for 28 ° , 150 hours a month, and I pay my electricity bill about 680 bahts a month

I think to install a new Daikin inverter in an other room, 27 m3 ( 14 m2 ) and a calculator told to install a 9000 BTU 

the room is in the first floor, hiden by an other house, away from the sun, and never very hot in the afternoon 

correct, or not  ? . I must say that I am very satisfied by my 8500 BTU , because the room is not big 

10 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

Toshiba Carrier, well everyone has to make their own choice and live with it. Toshiba have had reputation pretty much like a Lada car for 40yrs, starting with televisions, they failed there and things didnt improve.

If you seek out Carrier heating and cooling consumer affairs reviews the current overall satisfaction rating is 1 star. The reviews will bring tears to your eyes.

Simply put horses for courses there are far better and trusted manufacturwers.

I very much doubt that the 9k btu split air is the most popular, but i suppose out of five sizes only it will be in the top four!

I recently looked in all the usual outlets and the 9k was very limited indeed, your choice maybe a Samsung or Toshiba and pricewise not a significant saving.

When it comes to sizing your aircon, I am a bit analytical working on 600btu/m2 +for poor insulation+1st or top floor +windows + north facing or south + bedroom or living room

But as a quick ready reckoner a bedroom needs 700-800btu/m2 and a livi g room needs 800-900btu/m2

And for that reason its very obvious that a 9000btu aircon is of little value other than a very small bedroom.

Well I currently have Toshiba, Daikin, Samsung and Mitsubishi aircons. I used to have another Daikin but I scrapped it as too many problems.  I have not scrapped any Toshibas. Your analysis is a nonsense just as your guide to inverters was a nonsense.   You pay your money and you make your choice. 9k BTU units are not about to disappear and as strange as it maybe to you people actually buy them for small bedrooms.

Hi,

Thank you all for replays.

As advised I used indipendend seller.

Bought LG 9200 BTU dual inverter.

I disagree that 9000 BTU are out and only for very small rooms.

My room is 17 sm², gets cooled with the above unit in some 15 min.

I also have 2x2.6 glass door facing south.

I have installed a meter which is wired directly to the aircon so I'm able to provide factical analysis.

My calculation below shows 862 bht per month if you would be running it non stop. 

Calculation is based on a :  1 kwh = 3.92 thb

Screenshot_2019_0513_154450.png

1 hour ago, kd2000 said:

Hi,

Thank you all for replays.

As advised I used indipendend seller.

Bought LG 9200 BTU dual inverter.

I disagree that 9000 BTU are out and only for very small rooms.

My room is 17 sm², gets cooled with the above unit in some 15 min.

I also have 2x2.6 glass door facing south.

I have installed a meter which is wired directly to the aircon so I'm able to provide factical analysis.

My calculation below shows 862 bht per month if you would be running it non stop. 

Calculation is based on a :  1 kwh = 3.92 thb

Screenshot_2019_0513_154450.png

Where did you buy the aircon and how much did it cost?Pay extra for fit it in your house.Thanks.

2 hours ago, dvg said:

Where did you buy the aircon and how much did it cost?Pay extra for fit it in your house.Thanks

Taksin Air

14 200 thb + 1000 thb for meter (useful tool if you are renting out the room and charge for air usage on top)

Install and delivery included.

On 5/7/2019 at 8:31 PM, Dellboy218 said:

Your analysis is a nonsense just as your guide to inverters was a nonsense.   

Agreed, Toshiba-Carrier has been a huge success, besides Carrier being the one to bring refrigeration to LOS.  Also been making the R32 machines since 2014 right in Pathum Thani... The same old, senile, posters stuck in CM insist on making negative comments about American companies.  I paid 19,500 installed for Carrier inverter, 17000 BTU. Been a long cold Summer... 

Best to buy in the winter period, amazing how prices go down and back up when summer is on the horizon.

We bought a Mitsubishi 14 BTU Inverter model for the bedroom last January and am amazed how the monthly power bill has gone down and thats through the hottest summer,so far, I can remember.

Bought from Home Pro Mae Hia ,installed next day.

Thats the 3rd Mitusbishi air con we have bought in 10 years, never had a problem with any of them plus 3 ceiling fans, same brand,again never a problem

On May 14, 2019 at 2:03 PM, moontang said:

Agreed, Toshiba-Carrier has been a huge success, besides Carrier being the one to bring refrigeration to LOS.  Also been making the R32 machines since 2014 right in Pathum Thani... The same old, senile, posters stuck in CM insist on making negative comments about American companies.  I paid 19,500 installed for Carrier inverter, 17000 BTU. Been a long cold Summer... 

We bought a couple of Trane control boxes for AC some years ago. White.

Within a year they were so dark yellow they might have been there 20 years. Really lowered the tone.

That was in indirect sunlight.

Other new electrical fittings close by in direct sunlight have retained their original off white colour for well over ten years.

Are Trane American?

I don't know, but I would never buy again.

On a brighter note I'd be interested in an inverter for our new bedroom. 16sqm with maybe 8sqm undoored windowless  walk in closet. Walls thermalite block. 25degC is fine.

What u think 12/13kbtu?

Whats the best deal in CM.

I've used RCAir before, very reasonable price but have to pay up front and wait was some weeks last time.

Any good alternatives? What are the prices like at that place down the old Lampoon road not far from Nong Hoi?

Archived