Former English teacher at prestigious Bangkok school jailed over child sex offences

rooster59

Former English teacher at prestigious Bangkok school jailed over child sex offences

0_Alexander.jpg

Image: National Crime Agency

A British man who taught at an international school in Bangkok has been jailed in the UK for facilitating the abuse of young girls in the Philippines.

James Alexander, from Leeds, had been working as a teacher and part time DJ while living in Thailand between 2017 and 2018.

The 42-year-old was arrested at Manchester Airport on a flight back from Bangkok in June 2018.

Alexander, who taught in Leeds and Malaysia before moving to Bangkok, sent money to facilitators in the Philippines who live-streamed child sexual abuse from Illigan City.

During his trial at Leeds Crown Court it was revealed Alexander asked for images of girls aged six and nine, before asking the six year old what she "would do with him".

He also said he wanted to have sex with a four year old.

While there are no records of him ever travelling to The Philippines, the UK’s National Crime Agency (NCA) said Alexander used Skype and WhatsApp to ask the Filipino mothers for indecent images of their children.

Alexander, who on Friday was jailed for five years at Leeds Crown Court, admitted one count of arranging or facilitating the commission of a child sex offence; three counts of attempting to cause or incite a girl under the age of 13 to engage in sexual activity, and one count of making (downloading) an indecent image of a child.

In addition to his custodial sentence he was also handed a five-year sexual harm prevention order which bans him from traveling overseas after he is released from prison. He will also remain on the sex offenders register for the rest of his life. 

Hazel Stewart, National Crime Agency senior investigating officer, said: "Alexander clearly tried to manipulate and exploit the poverty of the vulnerable in order to gratify his sick sexual desires.

"He believed he could abuse Filipino children safely from his home and wanted to visit the Philippines to carry out the sexual abuse himself.

"The NCA has strong partnerships with law enforcement in the Philippines. We work together to combat this kind of offending.

"We and UK policing will never give up our pursuit of offenders who commit these horrendous crimes."

An NCA spokesman added: "Alexander taught at Bromsgrove International School in Bangkok, Thailand, which dismissed him upon notification of the investigation.

"Safeguarding checks were made at the school and there was no evidence of Alexander offending there."

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-05

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

people need to wake up.  way to many are sick and perverted and that's why they come over here, visa runs out, and then they figure they can just teach.  other teachers, farangs, i'm sure know the guy is off but afraid to report and probably have no proof.  schools like the white face.  they should be called English "speakers" not teachers.   

23 minutes ago, XenZen said:

people need to wake up.  way to many are sick and perverted and that's why they come over here, visa runs out, and then they figure they can just teach.  other teachers, farangs, i'm sure know the guy is off but afraid to report and probably have no proof.  schools like the white face.  they should be called English "speakers" not teachers.   

Sure, spill some more fuel on the xenophobic fire here.

All white farangs are sick perverts or accomplices.

I'm sure the XEN in your name stands for xenophob.

Just know that people like you can do a lot of damage to others, Just as the scum that will be rotting now in jail.

I used to go to the Philippines a lot as the diving there was way much better than here in Thailand. Poverty in the Philippines is far greater than here in Thailand. Cure poverty, so parents don't have to exploit their children, and it will help solve the problem. I know this sounds simplistic, but that's what has to happen.

Thai reporting always protects the Institution...For those who want to know which school in Bangkok, this from a UK paper:

"Alexander taught at Bromsgrove International School in Bangkok, Thailand, which dismissed him upon notification of the investigation. Safeguarding checks were made at the school and there was no evidence of Alexander offending there."

10 minutes ago, Lasoffa said:

Thai reporting always protects the Institution...For those who want to know which school in Bangkok, this from a UK paper:

"Alexander taught at Bromsgrove International School in Bangkok, Thailand, which dismissed him upon notification of the investigation. Safeguarding checks were made at the school and there was no evidence of Alexander offending there."

If you'd read the whole article, you'd have seen it contains exactly those sentences.

40 minutes ago, monkeycu said:

How does a grown man get turned on by young kids.

The best thing for our planet is to exterminate this type of trash.

Something has gone seriously wrong in their brains, and the damage they are capable to make is just the worst possible. Such person can never again take part in a normal society. 

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Sick bar steward, 5 years, pathetic he should have been jailed for life so he would not be a danger to children.

Agreed, but life without parole

I actually never thought I could agreed to locking someone for the term of their natural life, but I cannot see hope of rehabilitation for some.

58 minutes ago, nickstav said:

I used to go to the Philippines a lot as the diving there was way much better than here in Thailand. Poverty in the Philippines is far greater than here in Thailand. Cure poverty, so parents don't have to exploit their children, and it will help solve the problem. I know this sounds simplistic, but that's what has to happen.

You can blame the catholic church for the poverty there .

A good friend of mine told me the church still has more power than the government has.

I have seen families living under a piece of plastic and dad looking towards the river in case something would float by they could either eat or sell.

Not enough food for two adults but seven kids and soon eight.

That kind of poverty is not here in Thailand but abundant in the Philipines and that makes them an easy target.

Everytime there's a similar story there's the usual vilifiers, kill him, throw away the key, accusers and counter accusers and the righteous one that points at others, my point? i don't have a point,, is ust that this is part of the cruel world we live in where the underprivileged and the have not suffer the most, and mighty government doesn't do enough to eradicate the problems what TVF members can do?...

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Everytime there's a similar story there's the usual vilifiers, kill him, throw away the key, accusers and counter accusers and the righteous one that points at others, my point? i don't have a point,, is ust that this is part of the cruel world we live in where the underprivileged and the have not suffer the most, and mighty government doesn't do enough to eradicate the problems what TVF members can do?...

Did the parents "need" to do it though ?

Or did they just see it as easy money ?

22 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Chemical or surgical castration is quite effective, although his beard will fall out.

Castration of any description would be ineffective, it is combination of factors which go towards the making of a paedophile.

Many are unable to maintain a relationship with an adult, many are themselves victims of abuse, it is a complex matter. It is more a mental health matter than a sexual matter.

Canada has managed to establish a "sexual offenders treatment program" within corrections, which has seen a drop in recidivation, but it is long and expensive and takes skilled professionals to work with the offenders  

1 hour ago, Aussieroaming said:

He should have been handed over to Duerte for punishment.

Had he been to Ph and apprehended there, Duerte would have given him very, very little jail time, nothing like 5 + 5.

Duerte would have eliminated this scum post-haste, and probably quite brutally.

2 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Many posts suggesting what should be done the the man in question. Only one suggesting the parents should be punished. Really???

The parents need to be seriously punished for such a heinous act.

I'm always entertained by the inference that the perpetrator is as normal as the poster, he just chose a different course

2 hours ago, monkeycu said:

How does a grown man get turned on by young kids.

The best thing for our planet is to exterminate this type of trash.

Because he’s a very sick and disturbed person.

3 hours ago, XenZen said:

Any proof to back up what you're trying to say? Links, stats, anything? Not exactly sure what you are trying to say but I figure it's that there are loads of white kiddy fiddlers working in schools in Thailand, strong claim that.

2 hours ago, Lasoffa said:

Alexander taught at Bromsgrove International School in Bangkok, Thailand,

So how does he end up in a presticious school like that? Sure he must have experience as a teacher and the right documents to prove it. Or maybe he faked it. 

4 hours ago, XenZen said:

As if the locals, so to say, don't have their share in child related sex offences.

Just read, see and hear the local news, every day, it seems, another case of children used by locals to gratify their sick ideas.

You just see here a chance to ventilate your misplaced hate of farang, don't you?

Archived