Former English teacher at prestigious Bangkok school jailed over child sex offences

rooster59

26 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Any idea how to do that? Let us and every government in the world know and we'll get right on it. Thanks.

I said it was a simplistic solution to a very complex problem. I don't have the cure, not in this world. I am quite pessimistic about humanity in general. But that is what is at the root of the problem of parents facilitating exploitation of their children. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, balo said:

So how does he end up in a presticious school like that? Sure he must have experience as a teacher and the right documents to prove it. Or maybe he faked it. 

Please tell us you're not a teacher, Balo.  Even one in a presticious school.

5 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

John Peel admitted in the 90's that when a DJ in the states he had 'girls as young as 13 queuing up to be abused and I was only to too happy to oblige'. He also married a 15 year old in the states and had a 15 year old gf in the UK while he was married. Sexual abuse of children is RAPE it is now and it was in the 1970's. Saville and Peel were criminal rapists. Glitter was rather an exception, the Politicians of course have had the most free passes. If they could do Glitter for images on his computer why not Wyman for admitted rape of a child?

"If they could do Glitter for images on his computer why not Wyman for admitted rape of a child?"

Presumably they'd need a complaint from his ex-wife.

3 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

What source could I possibly give you???

Learn Thai and listen to Thai people over a period of time. Say 10+ years. It's enlightening .

Not everything is written down or documented.

As I said it's all about saving face and a complete breakdown in guardianship of children.

So many children cared for by elderly people in villages as the mother is off working out of the village and the Dad is not present. In these villages there are a lot of drugs/alcohol being consumed by men.

You may call that a stereotype but it's real <deleted> life.

So nothing to back up your claim, then, nothing at all. 

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Isn't Bromsgrove a slum area near Birmingham UK?, like naming  School after klong toey!

No, it's not, Bromsgrove is in Worcestershire and it's not a slum but what's the name of a school got to do with the prestige of that school anyway?

29 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

What's so funny about that?

Probably that it's yet another of these British fake brand names made to appeal to Thai hi so customers. Just like people buying fake watches or purses.

2 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Probably that it's yet another of these British fake brand names made to appeal to Thai hi so customers. Just like people buying fake watches or purses.

Perhaps you should research Bromsgrove School UK and it's connection with BIS Thailand?

8 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Bromsgrove School is one of the oldest and most elite public schools in the UK. 

Bromsgrove International School in Thailand is affiliated. 

Of course, those who were never afforded an elite education can only show their jealously and while at it some throw in an attempted Thai bash. 

The post above highlights your ignorance not your wisdom. 

Posts commenting on moderation have been removed:

Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately via the report function. We do have the ability to remove objectionable messages and will make every effort to do so if we determine that removal is necessary. Please use the report button only for posts in blatant violation of the forum rules. Misuse of the report button is not allowed. Removal is a manual process so please realize we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. Responding to objectionable messages is discouraged.

12 hours ago, XenZen said:

people need to wake up.  way to many are sick and perverted and that's why they come over here, visa runs out, and then they figure they can just teach.  other teachers, farangs, i'm sure know the guy is off but afraid to report and probably have no proof.  schools like the white face.  they should be called English "speakers" not teachers.   

Just so you know this is one of the best schools in Bangkok and they require teachers to have a degree in Education. So your biogoted and arrogant assumptions are not right.  And by the way just like cops can be good or bad, teachers, ministers, can all be the same. Good or bad. So one person's actions don't define us all. Some of us work here and we are properly certified it's not our fault the system here doesn't always work. 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Of course, those who were never afforded an elite education can only show their jealously and while at it some throw in an attempted Thai bash. 

It's a good school with a long history but most people would not regard it as being in the elite group of public schools.

The more important question for me is to know whether international schools in Thailand apply the same vetting criteria that all English independent schools apply for new staff. Anyone know?

14 hours ago, XenZen said:

people need to wake up.  way to many are sick and perverted and that's why they come over here, visa runs out, and then they figure they can just teach.  other teachers, farangs, i'm sure know the guy is off but afraid to report and probably have no proof.  schools like the white face.  they should be called English "speakers" not teachers.   

You know best

Sad to see so many posts arguing about the school status, what has that got to do with the story on this pervert?

The only thing that gets me is the short 5 year sentence although saying that a 50 year sentence still wont have any effect on others who have the same sick desires. Like the great majority I just don't/can't understand their desires nor do I want too.

The only way is to lock them up until they are beyond the point of getting back to their ways. No shrinks to help them, no good intention support that they can exploit for their own ends and release because they have 'reformed' and know it's wrong. If they've been caught only once then it sure as sh-t isn't the only time, it's their way of life.

8 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Please tell us you're not a teacher, Balo.  Even one in a presticious school.

English is not my native language, but normally I do not make grammatical mistakes like that. I was sure presticious was a word, just like prestigious.  :ermm:

And I'm happy to confirm I'm not a teacher.

11 hours ago, Just Weird said:

So nothing to back up your claim, then, nothing at all. 

What do you want me to back up the claim with????

Should I have carried a recorder for the last 15/20 years to verify every shred of evidence.

There are none so blind as those that won't see .

Just Weird, you are the ultimate Thai apologist. You literally backlash against any criticism of any Thais. Got no idea why, not sure if you are a troll or just completely delusional.

15 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Are you really trying to tell us that Thais would tell you what's going on behind locked doors? You've gotta be kidding, it just doesn't happen, especially not to a foreigner. 

Thai people do not talk about it so how would you hear that? Please explain that. 

It's something that you often hear indirectly over many years, occasionally directly and sometimes it's instinctual. 

You fit the pieces together over time by reading between the lines, body language etc. You don't need to be Poirot to see it goes on way more than is reported.

Even just reading a Thai newspaper everyday will enlighten you to the really horrendous cases that end up in the news.

In terms of Thais not talking, I mean to the authorities. 

If you spend enough time in any Thai community the odd snippet comes out here and there and you can work it out for yourself.

The guy was 'lucky' to be British.

If he had been American and convicted in a US court of these offences he would have been banged up for 20 years in Federal prison at least.

And in the weird world of convict justice, fellow convicts treat these guys as the lowest scum of the earth.

That 20 years would have been a real punishment!

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Proof only that a first class education can be second rate.

1 minute ago, zydeco said:

Proof only that a first class education can be second rate.

I guess the old adage ( which I will NOT repeat) of children, teachers, and private schools stand in all countries, irrespective of culture unfortunately.

I have been surprised that there appears to be an increase of female teachers in Oz and the USA being engaged in sexual activities with students, including one of Australia best Jewish schools for girls in Melbourne. 

8 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Bromsgrove School is only 540 years old 1476, Eton 1440.   Really. 

Oh the battle of the schools now, ????

Mine is better/older than yours ???? 

10 hours ago, overherebc said:

Sad to see so many posts arguing about the school status, what has that got to do with the story on this pervert?

It is the culture of these type institutions that allows for the criminal acts described in the OP. And by the way, just how thorough were those "safeguarding checks" that produced "no evidence of Alexander offending there?" Who exactly made the "checks?"  How many of the families at a school with a big brand name would publicly admit that this creature assaulted their child?

There's only two ways to go if your inclined this way- the demonic or the divine. Luckily, I'm pretty much normal, as I like girls with a bit of meat on the bone. Still, the sexual urge is very strong but you can deny it; no-one is a paedophile till they give in. A message to the potential paedophiles out there. 

Archived