Former English teacher at prestigious Bangkok school jailed over child sex offences

rooster59

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, zydeco said:

It is the culture of these type institutions that allows for the criminal acts described in the OP. And by the way, just how thorough were those "safeguarding checks" that produced "no evidence of Alexander offending there?" Who exactly made the "checks?"  How many of the families at a school with a big brand name would publicly admit that this creature assaulted their child?

If the 'teacher' has never been accused previously and doesn't have anything on record then how would anyone know? 

Would the word of a suspicious friend/neighbour

( or a vindictive pupil who hates his teacher ) who has no proof be enough to get him thrown out of the job or refused a start

I would imagine these guys are well practiced at covering their tracks and may have been involved for a while before being caught.

Is a guy walking down the street holding his 10 year old daughter's hand to be considered suspect and by who, then put on a 'watch list' and that fact put in a report?.

On 5/5/2019 at 8:31 AM, monkeycu said:

How does a grown man get turned on by young kids.

The best thing for our planet is to exterminate this type of trash.

Its in the brain i should imagine ,just the same as some people are turned on by others of the same sex ,or by ladyboys or by killing other people even having sex with  animals in some cases , who can fathom what goes on in some minds?not saying its right ,just what nature does to people

23 hours ago, neeray said:

Had he been to Ph and apprehended there, Duerte would have given him very, very little jail time, nothing like 5 + 5.

Duerte would have eliminated this scum post-haste, and probably quite brutally.

Correct, hence my comment. Sometimes jailtime is the soft option

14 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Correct, hence my comment. Sometimes jailtime is the soft option

And no do-gooders or lawyers fighting to say he should be understood.

Problem solved quickly, easily and with minimum fuss.

17 hours ago, zydeco said:

Why? Do you have some self interest involved?

Why?  If you bothered to have a look you'd realise why I made the comment about your suggestion that BIS was either not entitled to use the name of the UK school that it is associated with or it had made up a fake name.  That's why. 

Do you have some interest in disparaging BIS?

6 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

What do you want me to back up the claim with????

Should I have carried a recorder for the last 15/20 years to verify every shred of evidence.

There are none so blind as those that won't see .

Just Weird, you are the ultimate Thai apologist. You literally backlash against any criticism of any Thais. Got no idea why, not sure if you are a troll or just completely delusional.

"What do you want me to back up the claim with????"

How about something, as opposed to throwing around offensive speculation with absolutely nothing empirical to justify your comment?

"Just Weird, you are the ultimate Thai apologist. You literally backlash against any criticism of any Thais".

I comment where I see appropriate such as when clearly ridiculous statements based on nothing are made.  If you choose to label me as a Thai apologist because you (and others) cannot refute what I say then that is a problem that you have, not me.  Incidentally, is being a Thai-basher a better attribute than being perceived as a Thai apologist?

"...not sure if you are a troll or just completely delusional".

Be careful of flaming me with personal attacks, that's never a good idea here except to reinforce what I said in my previous paragraph.

I can't give specific names or places but I will just say this.

There are a lot and I mean a lot of vulnerable kids in Thailand with no parental guidance. No mother and father with them on a daily basis and grandparents who are old and weak.

Living in villages where the doors are open all day in the houses and people come and go. The houses aren't gated or have any walls in a lot of these villages

Lots of men drinking lots of strong alcohol with lots of time on their hands

A culture of face

A culture of shame

A culture of violence

Also families sometimes allow these things to happen for monetary gain.

I'm not necessarily just talking about paedophiles, but also Hebephiles and Ephebophiles.

I'm 42 and been living here for 15+ and travelling here for 20.

I've met a lot of people over that time across all of Thailand so I do feel as though I'm basing it on real life in the Kingdom.

5 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Bromsgrove School is only 540 years old 1476, Eton 1440.   Really. 

The age of a school is only one factor among many in determining its status.One very famous public school (Stowe) was only founded in the 1920's.

On 5/4/2019 at 11:45 PM, rooster59 said:

"We and UK policing will never give up our pursuit of offenders who commit these horrendous crimes."

An NCA spokesman added: "Alexander taught at Bromsgrove International School in Bangkok, Thailand

So, why did they let him in the country/gave him a visa and wp (Thailand) in the first place?

1 hour ago, Sticky Wicket said:

There are a lot and I mean a lot of vulnerable kids in Thailand with no parental guidance. No mother and father with them on a daily basis and grandparents who are old and weak.

Living in villages where the doors are open all day in the houses and people come and go. The houses aren't gated or have any walls in a lot of these villages

A culture of face

A culture of shame

A culture of violence

I'm not necessarily just talking about paedophiles, but also Hebephiles and Ephebophiles.

I've met a lot of people over that time across all of Thailand so I do feel as though I'm basing it on real life in the Kingdom.

No wonder Richard Huckle targeted the poor Indian communities in Malaysia. The ethnic Indians in Malaysia are known to suffer far higher rates of alcoholism than the other races.

I wonder how many teachers have sexual fantasies about their students ? ☹️ 

Maybe why some choose to become a teacher at primary / high schools. 

James "Letter to the Parents"

>Hello, my name is James Alexander and I will be joining BIST as a whole school music teacher. I  am  originally  from  Leeds  where  I  studied  Creative  Music  and  Sound  Technology  (BSc.  with Hons.)  and  then  a  Masters  Degree  in  Music  Production.  I  went  on  to  gain  a  PGCE  before working  in  a  local  school  inYorkshire.  I  made  the  move  to  South  East  Asia  in  2013  when  I started  teaching  at  Marlborough  College,  Malaysia –a  large  British  international  boarding school.  I  love  this  part  of  the  world  but  I  am  ready  for  another  challenge  and  therefore  very excited to be part of the Music department at Bromsgrove International School Thailand, as the music facilities are very impressive. My love for music extends beyond the classroom and I have also  written  and  produced  many  of  my  own  compositions  that  have  been  released  around  the world over the last 10 years.

>

Interesting.So James Alexander came to BIST from Marlborough College Malaysia, a school which would have had first class administrative procedures in place for vetting new staff members.Therefore two questions occur.Firstly did Marlborough College apply the background checks that are universally applied in the UK and therefore also applied by Marlborough's Malaysian offshoot when they recruited Alexander.Secondly, what exactly were the background checks applied by BIST which would have obviously included a background reference from Marlborough Malaysia?

It may be of course that all these background checks were carried out and nothing showed up to suggest Alexander should not be recruited.

Nevertheless for parents at children at international schools in Bangkok it would be interesting to know.

15 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Interesting.So James Alexander came to BIST from Marlborough College Malaysia, a school which would have had first class administrative procedures in place for vetting new staff members.Therefore two questions occur.Firstly did Marlborough College apply the background checks that are universally applied in the UK and therefore also applied by Marlborough's Malaysian offshoot when they recruited Alexander.Secondly, what exactly were the background checks applied by BIST which would have obviously included a background reference from Marlborough Malaysia?

It may be of course that all these background checks were carried out and nothing showed up to suggest Alexander should not be recruited.

Nevertheless for parents at children at international schools in Bangkok it would be interesting to know.

Unless he had been arrested and charged prior to being employed, there would be no records to indicate offenses.

I did not see he had previous convictions.

Did I miss something??

That Huckle character sends a shiver down my spine. To go to the lengths that he did to carry out his crimes and then conceal them from prying eyes indicates a very sick mind indeed. One must wonder if there is any way back from the murky depths that he is in, whether there is any chance he can be rehabilitated (I've read that treatment of paedos has been reasonably successful and reduced recidivism). It would seem doubtful. Better that his life ends in prison.

{ Information from his arrest was shared with Philippine police, who then raided the home of one of the abuse facilitators in the city. A 30-year-old mother was arrested and charged for live-streaming sexual abuse. Aside from her nine-year-old daughter, officers also rescued her three sons, aged two, three and 10. Another seven-year-old girl, who was seen in a photo shared online by the suspect during surveillance, was also rescued. All five children were taken into protective custody. }

https://philippineslifestyle.com/mother-iligan-city-sex-abuse-son/

25 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Care to share your sources?

It is just something I recall from a few years back. I've not bothered to follow it up as I find the subject too distressing, but I'm prepared to if it means that much to you. Or you can.

107695.jpg
{A mother who offered to livestream the sexual abuse of her nine-year-old daughter for foreign perverts has been arrested in Iligan City.

The 30-year-old was caught in the act of ‘trafficking’ her daughter during an entrapment operation led by the police’s Women and Children’s Protection Center at midday yesterday (Wednesday, December 5). }

https://philippineslifestyle.com/abuse-mother-daughter-nine-iligan/

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Unless he had been arrested and charged prior to being employed, there would be no records to indicate offenses.

I did not see he had previous convictions.

Did I miss something??

Maybe not.But a conviction is not the same as inappropriate behaviour (or even suspicion of) which should be alluded to in a reference.

My guess is that many schools are only too happy to get a dodgy character off their hands and will give a brief bland reference for that reason.

On 5/5/2019 at 7:20 AM, XenZen said:

people need to wake up.  way to many are sick and perverted and that's why they come over here, visa runs out, and then they figure they can just teach.  other teachers, farangs, i'm sure know the guy is off but afraid to report and probably have no proof.  schools like the white face.  they should be called English "speakers" not teachers.   

a bit over the top wouldn't you say?  a pretty broad brush you are painting?  the guy is scum and deserves to be jailed and hopefully undergo psychiatric evaluation and treatment but to slur other legitimate english teachers here is pretty unfair and no i am not an english teacher but i have known a few in thailand who have been legitimately good people.

23 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

A culture of face

A culture of shame

A culture of violence

So, still nothing, eh?

"I've met a lot of people over that time across all of Thailand so I do feel as though I'm basing it on real life in the Kingdom".

"I can't give specific names or places..."

That's been clear since the start of your uncorroborated assertion!

"I'm 42 and been living here for 15+ and travelling here for 20.

I've met a lot of people over that time across all of Thailand so I do feel as though I'm basing it on real life in the Kingdom".

Hahahaha, really, real life, whose?   To quote you again, "I can't give specific names or places...".  So, clearly, real life in your mind is hearsay.

"I'm not necessarily just talking about paedophiles, but also Hebephiles and Ephebophiles".

Changing tack now, eh?  The only topic here is paedophilia, which was your allegation against Thai people that you aren't able to back up, not the irrelevant hebephilia and ephebophilia. .

21 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

So, still nothing, eh?

"I've met a lot of people over that time across all of Thailand so I do feel as though I'm basing it on real life in the Kingdom".

"I can't give specific names or places..."

That's been clear since the start of your uncorroborated assertion!

"I'm 42 and been living here for 15+ and travelling here for 20.

I've met a lot of people over that time across all of Thailand so I do feel as though I'm basing it on real life in the Kingdom".

Hahahaha, really, real life, whose?   To quote you again, "I can't give specific names or places...".  So, clearly, real life in your mind is hearsay.

"I'm not necessarily just talking about paedophiles, but also Hebephiles and Ephebophiles".

Changing tack now, eh?  The only topic here is paedophilia, which was your allegation against Thai people that you aren't able to back up, not the irrelevant hebephilia and ephebophilia. .

I'm surprised people of your ilk don't get banned. 

Desperately trolling everyday with the finger poised over the report button.

It's sad how this is the only way you can satisfy yourself, oh so sad

23 hours ago, Selatan said:

He had taught in Malaysia before too? Malaysia should seriously consider banning all UK men from teaching English.

Richard Huckle given 22 life sentences for abuse of Malaysian children

All UK men?  You think all UK male teachers are paedophiles? What about American, Australian, South African paedophiles?

Why do people type such nonsense?

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

Maybe not.But a conviction is not the same as inappropriate behaviour (or even suspicion of) which should be alluded to in a reference.

My guess is that many schools are only too happy to get a dodgy character off their hands and will give a brief bland reference for that reason.

Start using 'suspicion' as a reason and you could end up at the wrong end of court case yourself.  Defamation???

Archived