Former English teacher at prestigious Bangkok school jailed over child sex offences

rooster59

30 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Start using 'suspicion' as a reason and you could end up at the wrong end of court case yourself.  Defamation???

References are confidential.Most people will consider the safety of children is a priority.

Here is the procedure for vetting staff in a well known English public school in Dorset.

"As xxxxxxxx School is registered to ask ‘exempted questions’ under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, successful applicants will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (a “Disclosure”) before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings. This post is also subject to receipt of two satisfactory written references, one of which must be your last employer"

Under the Disclosure and Barring Service - as far as teacher applications are concerned - non-conviction information can be made available to the potential employer where appropriate.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

All UK men?  You think all UK male teachers are paedophiles? What about American, Australian, South African paedophiles?

Why do people type such nonsense?

Why is his post not removed??? Loads of banal stuff gets taken down on a daily basis, where are the mods on this??

54 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

I'm surprised people of your ilk don't get banned. 

Desperately trolling everyday with the finger poised over the report button.

It's sad how this is the only way you can satisfy yourself, oh so sad

Oh dear Just Weird spends most of his time in here 'confused' as hell, based on his reactions. I even wonder if he lives here or just dreams about it from his flat in the west

16 minutes ago, jayboy said:

References are confidential.Most people will consider the safety of children is a priority.

Here is the procedure for vetting staff in a well known English public school in Dorset.

"As xxxxxxxx School is registered to ask ‘exempted questions’ under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, successful applicants will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (a “Disclosure”) before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings. This post is also subject to receipt of two satisfactory written references, one of which must be your last employer"

Under the Disclosure and Barring Service - as far as teacher applications are concerned - non-conviction information can be made available to the potential employer where appropriate.

Don't see suspicion in there.

3 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

Care to share your sources?

From research (when working in Corrections) Canada had a reasonable lowering of recidivism. The only country in the western world at the time, I believe some of the Scandinavian countries have also since been reasonably successful  

44 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Look harder

44 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Look harder

I 'suspect' you're looking at the non conviction part.

That means there is no evidence.

If there is no evidence that the police can show to the Crown Prosecution Office then that means there is no case to be answered as in no crime has been commited.

If I said I suspect my neighbour of being a bank robber and there is no evidence to prove it should that be recorded and supplied to a school that wants to employ him?

I 'suspect' you're looking at the non conviction part.
That means there is no evidence.
If there is no evidence that the police can show to the Crown Prosecution Office then that means there is no case to be answered as in no crime has been commited.
If I said I suspect my neighbour of being a bank robber and there is no evidence to prove it should that be recorded and supplied to a school that wants to employ him?

You’re rambling now.Let’s call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just looked at this thread and so many people ask how can a man be turned on by a child,well think about it ,in some parts of the world and in some religion its common for an older man to marry a child, no one seems to mention this , in some parts of that same world ,you can be executed for having gay sex , .i dont fancy either but many people seem to,as for me at my age i like em young ,forty seems a really good age.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Another fact that needs to be addressed is the school that employed this vile predator.
Once contacted by crime agencies last year.
Dr Moore ( Headmaster ) covered up the entire incident and did not contact any parents of the school the pedophile was sacked and the matter brushed under the table until the Uk newspapers got the story.
Absolutely disgraceful behavior.
He should be ashamed to carry the title Dr as his motives clearly are not for the sake of the children he should be protecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

4 minutes ago, G said:

Another fact that needs to be addressed is the school that employed this vile predator.
Dr Moore ( Headmaster ) covered up the entire incident and did not contact any parents of the school the pedophile was sacked and the matter brushed under the table until the Uk newspapers got the story.
He should be ashamed to carry the title Dr as his motives clearly are not for the sake of the children he should be protecting.

Don't lets kid ourselves it's any better in a lot of UK institutions. I worked at a College where a female teacher was sleeping with a 16 year old pupil. When she dropped him he tried to kill himself. Quietly sacked and given a reference for another job at a School with younger boys!

10 hours ago, G said:

The Anglican and catholic schools across the world seem to have just moved offenders along as evidenced in A recent Royal Commission in Australia and an Enquiry in the UK.

A Bishop in Australia was before the courts for failure to report abuse to police.

On 5/6/2019 at 12:39 PM, Sticky Wicket said:

I can't give specific names or places but I will just say this.

There are a lot and I mean a lot of vulnerable kids in Thailand with no parental guidance. No mother and father with them on a daily basis and grandparents who are old and weak.

Living in villages where the doors are open all day in the houses and people come and go. The houses aren't gated or have any walls in a lot of these villages

Lots of men drinking lots of strong alcohol with lots of time on their hands

A culture of face

A culture of shame

A culture of violence

Also families sometimes allow these things to happen for monetary gain.

I'm not necessarily just talking about paedophiles, but also Hebephiles and Ephebophiles.

I'm 42 and been living here for 15+ and travelling here for 20.

I've met a lot of people over that time across all of Thailand so I do feel as though I'm basing it on real life in the Kingdom.

I find this to be well put and a very experienced analysis. I agree with "..a lot of vulnerable kids in Thailand.."

Archived