SexLess relationship 

SoonOh

4 hours ago, transam said:

Go on a diet, get trendy, wear shades and stop eating crisps in the sack, shave your arm pits, try Brut..... ????

Anything but Brut>>>>>>>>>

10 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

Mine was the same when we first married and is still much the same today. While alone she is very improper. Over time as we get older, I know the flame will die down somewhat and that's to be expected. Yet if my wife was to change that much and proved to me she was not into me (or did not love me), I would just leave. No use in being in a relationship that has no meaning. Life is just too short.

You're missing the point.

Lots of ThaiVISA posters are looking for a replacement mother, and you don't bang your mom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You're missing the point.

Lots of ThaiVISA posters are looking for a replacement mother, and you don't bang your mom.

Actually a forum guy whom I once met for a drink spent a lot of time in Korea. He said that Korean men would tell him once you get married you stop having sex with your wife because who would want to f your own family. So they look elsewhere.

Anyway as for why I am still in relationship the answer is simple. I'm still not wealthy enough to go solo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

try reading it again

I did. Same conclusion.
Like many posts on this thread (so, not just yours) you come across as having a blinkered and negative view of your surroundings and most other expats living in Thailand. There's nothing wrong with that and I'm not criticizing you for your 'opinion'. Actually, to a certain extent, I can empathize with those views... 

In a nutshell, you are living a virtuous and rewarding life and people who don't are worthless! Is that about right?

• Like 2

Sexless relationship is the only way for long term relationship. Nearly always,  sex becomes not a thing, but if love remains, then people stay together. Long term relationship, decades long relationship is actually deep friendship, it is love. Sex has nothing to do with it. Unfortunately very few can pull this off, it takes 2 very smart, wise people to pull it off. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, killerbeez said:

I have a comfortable rotation of visitors over the course of the year and none of them are aware of each other. Or, if they are, they're smart enough to not mention it.

And there are many reasons why I live this way.

2 - I quickly tire of sex with just one partner (as they do too!)

3 - Having hired guests works out cheaper than one fulltime 'employee'! 

2 and 3 simply don't go together. It just doesn't make sense. If they are hired help then how do you know they get tired of sex with just one partner. Fact is you know nothing about these women and your opening paragraph that none are aware of each other also makes no sense because it's most likely that they could care less.

I am always willing to learn from old mongeres, but it would be beneficial if you'd insert some objectivity into your posts.

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

There was me thinking it took one selfish person and one ball-less person.

Yep, that's usually how it is, and you can easily see deep unhappiness, resentment, even hate towards the partner. This is the absolute worst way to live, but so many spend their lives doing exactly that.

All long lasting relationships that I've observed, not many, admittedly, have set rules early on regarding monogamy. I'm convinced the enforced, strict monogamy is what kills relationship, and is short cut to deep unhappiness. Sexual desire is instinct, it is beyond our control, just like dog salivating near food is beyond its control. Smart woman understands that, and lets it go. Smart man stays with a woman he loves, and gets off outside marriage, never brings it home. Yes, relationship becomes sexless, but these two have much more than sex. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pravda said:

If they are hired help then how do you know they get tired of sex with just one partner.

Had a girlfriend (real relationship, I didn't hire her) who managed the working ladies/dancers for a big club.

She said about 30% of the girls enjoyed the sex with random strangers, another 30% were in it for the party/drugs/booze, and the rest wanted the easy money for their shopping/husband/kids/family.

I believed her, she had no reason to lie to me, and she wanted sex 4-5 times a day.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, totally thaied up said:

Mine was the same when we first married and is still much the same today. While alone she is very improper. Over time as we get older, I know the flame will die down somewhat and that's to be expected. Yet if my wife was to change that much and proved to me she was not into me (or did not love me), I would just leave. No use in being in a relationship that has no meaning. Life is just too short.

As you know, mine is the same. Butter wouldn't melt in her mouth in public. It's a Thai thing. Behind a bedroom door, completely different story. O my Buddha.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Not really interested in sex any longer, i'd rather do almost anything, a good dump is usually more satisfying. The most over rated human activity IMO. Had the opportunity to play away from home recently, could not be bothered.

There’s nothing as over-rated as bad sex, nor as under-rated as a good dump

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Cheap Charlie of the week award. Are you serious? Saving money on sex in THAILAND?

At what point did I EVER mention money You ever had a soapy? They're probably the MOST expensive sex you can procure. I just can't stand wasting time on pointless, childish conversations.

When I was in the Navy, frequenting Subic Bay, we had shirts made that sad "My name is so-and-so, I'm on the U.S.S. Whatever, and no, I will not buy you a drink" cuz that's what EVERY conversation was. No thanks.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, killerbeez said:

I did. Same conclusion.
Like many posts on this thread (so, not just yours) you come across as having a blinkered and negative view of your surroundings and most other expats living in Thailand. There's nothing wrong with that and I'm not criticizing you for your 'opinion'. Actually, to a certain extent, I can empathize with those views... 

In a nutshell, you are living a virtuous and rewarding life and people who don't are worthless! Is that about right?

no not at all.

21 minutes ago, quandow said:

At what point did I EVER mention money You ever had a soapy? They're probably the MOST expensive sex you can procure. I just can't stand wasting time on pointless, childish conversations.

When I was in the Navy, frequenting Subic Bay, we had shirts made that sad "My name is so-and-so, I'm on the U.S.S. Whatever, and no, I will not buy you a drink" cuz that's what EVERY conversation was. No thanks.

As I recall, you used the expression "or rub one out myself". If you have an alternative explanation to the inference I believe most posters would make, I'd like to see it.