Shoe Repair (Cobbler) in Bangkok

MrNeilThai

Hello, I have two pairs of dress shoes that could easily be repaired. I would have to pay probably 5000 baht to replace these with new shoes. Can anyone recommend a shop in either Sukhumwit or Pratuman area?

Thanks

BTW I searched old posts to see if this had been posted previously and I didn't find anything.

I recently found CHED SHOE Clean & Care to be very good. They recently fitted new soles onto a pair of dress shoes of mine and it was very reasonably priced with very good communication throughout.

They are based on the New Petchaburi Road and can be contacted through their Facebook page.

7 hours ago, MrNeilThai said:

I have two pairs of dress shoes that could easily be repaired. I would have to pay probably 5000 baht to replace these with new shoes. Can anyone recommend a shop in either Sukhumwit or Pratuman area?

Basement of Robinson's, Sukhumvit 17/19.

Are you perhaps an ex-pat "English teacher"? Most people can afford to just buy a new pair of shoes when the old ones get worn out.

Thainess - You are a great man. You reply to a post with no information to help the poster. Then, without knowing the poster, you try and make a joke to infer that they have no money. In this case, it is likely that you are really an expat English teacher with no money. 

Since you are doing so well why not make a donation?

23 hours ago, Thainess said:

Are you perhaps an ex-pat "English teacher"? Most people can afford to just buy a new pair of shoes when the old ones get worn out.

I'm an English teacher and I've had a need for good shoe repair on a pair of Bruno Magli loafers before. I also have pairs of Clark's and Sperry Topsiders. I've had two pair of BM loafers for 20 years. One has a few years left but the other will carry me another five easy. Loafers leftovers from the real job back home.

I guess "most people" you know just buy crap shoes with rubber soles. The Clark's I have are plastic, glued soled. Comfy enough but won't last. Chinese junk I paid b2500 in USA on sale.

I'm certain at the very least I'd have spent an extra 25% on those rubber soles type shoes.

How does it go? The price of everything and the value of nothing?

Have an Omega Seamaster as well. Bought it 800usd 15 years ago. Can easily sell it for 1k although it needs service.

Bata value shopper I suppose.

On 5/5/2019 at 4:49 PM, Bang Bang said:

If the work isn't complicated almost every mall has a cobbler/keysmith who could sort you out.

I had a street cobbler sole up a nice pair of loafers. I was reluctant but my wife said the guy had been there forever. He did a great job. He also had done some preventative work on my and wife's Merrill trail runners.

Check Robinson's as mentioned or keep asking about.

I often give the guys in the street custom work on backpacks over the years. Always happy.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Is that the place that makes custom shoes?   Do you have any experience of them?

Yes, they make and repair shoes and boots.  I had some boots resoled there - the laminated wood type soles rather than rubber stick-on ones.  The finished article looked better than the original.   For one piece rubber soles, I've used the kiosk under Robinson Sukhumvit and been happy with their work too.

Archived