newspapers

cnxgary

You used to be able to subscribe to the weekend edition,

and have it delivered ,if in delivery area,BUT still don't know

if this is the case as stopped subscribing years ago.

regards Worgeordie

I dont think I have ever bought a newspaper, read other peoples though.

Personally I think they are good for only four things:

1. Eating fish and chips

2. Cleaning windows

3. Emergency bog roll

4. Srarting fires.

Green Pharmacy(which sells newspapers as a sideline) in Kad Suan Kaew has the Bangkok Post. It is on floor 2 next door to the Domon clothes shop.

The Suriwong Book Centre on Sridonchai road also has them.

There is a small book store inside Suan Dok Park, the multi story car park (parking ramp to Americans) at the junction of Sirimanjalakarn and Suthep Roads. It sometimes has 1 or 2 copies.

I got weekend only for 2400, with four bonus weeks...I won't be renewing, but it is good to have some paper around.  Haven't seen one useful coupon or found out about any special offers in 9 months. 

2 hours ago, CMoldie said:

Green Pharmacy(which sells newspapers as a sideline) in Kad Suan Kaew has the Bangkok Post. It is on floor 2 next door to the Domon clothes shop.

The Suriwong Book Centre on Sridonchai road also has them.

There is a small book store inside Suan Dok Park, the multi story car park (parking ramp to Americans) at the junction of Sirimanjalakarn and Suthep Roads. It sometimes has 1 or 2 copies.

I'm a newspaper junkie (Bangkok Post) and I normally grab a paper at the Green Pharmacy mentioned above (and, if they're out of papers, you can also get one in Centran on the third floor of KSK by the bookstore/office supply area).  Besides the ones mentioned by CMoldie, you can also get a copy of the Bangkok Post at: (1)  The Wararot building (building due west of the flower shop building), (2)  a vendor on the west side of Charoen Prathet about a 100 yards south of the Governor's residence,  (3)  a vendor on the south side of Ratchadamnern about 100 yards east of Thaphae Gate, (4)  Maya Mall (basement bookshop although they usually don't get the paper until about 1PM);  (5)  Airport Centran (basement, front part of Topps grocery store); and (6) two separate vendors about 50 yards apart immediately north of Sompet Market on Moon Muang.  

Only a couple of these places have The Nation newspaper (e.g., Green Pharmacy occasionally gets one copy only). 

14 hours ago, CMBob said:

you can also get one in Centran on the third floor of KSK by the bookstore/office supply area). 

5 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

Rim Ping supermarket sells the BK Post

Unfortunately, both B2S (the stationery and bookstore arm of Central) and Rimping seem to have stopped selling newspapers. That is certainly true of Central Kad Suan Kaew, Central Festival and Rimping Ruam Chok. I have asked and yes, it is permanent.

Sure I have seen them at the front of Topps as well, there is a large newspaper stand there, I often think of buying one and settling in for an afternoon's reading...then I think nah, it's full of stuff I'm really not that interested in anymore. I used to have it delivered daily until about 10 years ago

Archived