Ikea on line store now open

madmen

Hated going out there miles away and wondering around for hours trying to find all the items. About to place an order for quite a bit stuff right now. This is going to grow their business massively

• Like 1

Wowwww! .. Ouch.

Close but no cigar. How can the delivery charge of 2,200-4,000 be justified? 

It seems easier to get the most popular items from Lazada or shoppee. We used one girl last month, i ordered a Markus office chair, I paid around 1000b premium on store price, seems like she went to the shop and bought a pickup truck full of orders.

Other sellers seem to buy pallets full of ikea products from the chinese manufacturer.

5 hours ago, recom273 said:

Wowwww! .. Ouch.

It seems easier to get the most popular items from Lazada or shoppee. We used one girl last month, i ordered a Markus office chair, I paid around 1000b premium on store price, seems like she went to the shop and bought a pickup truck full of orders.

Other sellers seem to buy pallets full of ikea products from the chinese manufacturer.

ordering a house full of furniture and shipping it to an island? cant see how they could do it much cheaper. Single items best use Lazada

• Like 2

does anyone know how the prices work?

eg, living in zone b I have to pay 1'080 thb for truck delivery

and for each item I order also an extra 149 thb?

how many items (or m3) can I max order pro truck delivery?

Well for expensive furniture and kitchen etc  I guess the delivery fees are acceptable , but not if you want to buy only small items.  

For me IKEA is only 2 hours away in a car so I choose to drive there instead. Or take the free bus from BTS. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, recom273 said:

Wowwww! .. Ouch.

I bought an inexpensive sofa on Lazada last month. Had it delivered to family in a Khon Kean moo-ban. Arrived in 2 days, delivery charge B200.

11 hours ago, recom273 said:

Out of interest and not a trick question, how much would it cost you to drive to your nearest Ikea store, load the pickup and return home with your goods?

9 hours ago, thaitero said:

About IKEA - products or any other Brand products from Lazada, Is it sure that products are what they claim to be and not some similar copy product ? 

All the ikea furniture I have bought has been legit, I was surprised when I watched an unboxing / construction video on YouTube and it was packed exactly the same, had the ikea instructions .. the Chinese aren’t shy to sell stuff out the back door, Thai people are filling a gap that ikea can’t.

With regard to other goods, there are plenty of official stores on Lazada - I wouldn’t be happy buying sandisc memory cards from an unofficial store - so on the whole - it’s all good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneEyedPie said:

Out of interest and not a trick question, how much would it cost you to drive to your nearest Ikea store, load the pickup and return home with your goods?

Excellent point.  The nearest Ikea to me is ~400km away.  While the diesel for the pickup would be a bit less than 2,200 baht, a 10 hour round trip, plus time spent loading the furniture, don't make it an attractive alternative to just paying the delivery cost.  I suppose it might be worth it if I was going to Bangkok anyway, though in that case I wouldn't normally be taking the pickup truck.

• Like 2

On 5/6/2019 at 2:06 AM, madmen said:

ordering a house full of furniture and shipping it to an island? cant see how they could do it much cheaper. Single items best use Lazada

The last time I checked (about a month ago, for orders placed at the store), the delivery charges stated were per cubic meter.

21 hours ago, recom273 said:

All the ikea furniture I have bought has been legit, I was surprised when I watched an unboxing / construction video on YouTube and it was packed exactly the same, had the ikea instructions .. the Chinese aren’t shy to sell stuff out the back door, Thai people are filling a gap that ikea can’t.

I was looking on Lazada yesterday for an item that I had viewed on Ikea, it was double the price on Lazada - shop around before you buy.............

thats not see how much cost to khon kaen north delivery,only south thailand has zone are.

and link ikea sites in thailand, no has. maybe better orden only lazada all what need.

Edited by finnishmen

17 minutes ago, finnishmen said:

thats not see how much cost to khon kaen north delivery,only south thailand has zone are.

and link ikea sites in thailand, no has. maybe better orden only lazada all what need.

Unless Khon Kaen has flooded and is now an island, it falls under Zone C "All other areas with the exception of Islands and No delivery zones. * No Delivery Zones : Ko Larn, Ko Phi Phi, Ko Samet, Ko Tao, Narathiwat, Pattani, Yala"