Hotel freeloader thief turns out to be a right CON-noisseur!

webfact

Hotel freeloader thief turns out to be a right CON-noisseur!

8pm.jpg

Caption: Freeloader at 30,000 baht a meal

Further details have emerged of the well-heeled Thai man who ordered expensive meals and wine at three Lumpini area hotels in Bangkok and left without paying. 

It turns out that he comes from a well off family of civil servants, had a credit card with more than enough funds to pay his bills and a mother who says he has never been in any trouble. 

In addition he is good looking and very presentable, said Thai Rath who were joining in with police in speculating about his motivation for theft from the three hotels. 

But a latest revelation in the story adds further insight. He was recognized at a fourth restaurant as the suspect from the previous thefts after CCTV images were circulated in the area. 

As the cops were called he was given a cheap bottle of wine rather than the one worth tens of thousands of baht that he had ordered. 

Thanakrit "Min" Werotnanan, just 29, called over the servers and said: "Why are you giving me cheap wine?"

Pol Col Kaphon Rattanaprateep of the Lumpini constabulary said that Min was clearly someone who appreciated the finer points of fine dining - he just wouldn't pay for it. 

His family are civil servants and he has a bachelor's degree and plenty of money on his credit card to afford the meals that came to 70,000 baht ++ at the three hotels. 

Pol Col Kaphon said the suspect was undergoing a psychological check. His mother said he had never got in trouble before. 

He always went to the doctor by himself though she told the police that it was usually visits to the dentist that showed up on his card. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-06

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

He always went to the doctor by himself though she told the police that it was usually visits to the dentist that showed up on his card. 

Is that because he was lying through his teeth?

Well come on...he's only 29.  Mom is probably still feeding him from her bowl (or breast).  Surprising he had the courage to order food or sit alone at a restaurant.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Thanakrit "Min" Werotnanan, just 29, called over the servers and said: "Why are you giving me cheap wine?"

Waiter

" what are you whining about " .. 

Min should " love the wine you're with " .. 

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

like me. ???? you can't believe the shit i get away with. :cheesy:

Ha...I'm neither handsome nor particularly presentable. But I have always got away with murder by using Thai!

People seem to suspend disbelief when I open my mouth....fortunately!

Rooster

8 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:
3 hours ago, webfact said:

he comes from a well off family of civil servants

therefore

3 hours ago, webfact said:

the suspect was undergoing a psychological check

If the crime was carried out by a regular thief, the faster the charge would be issued by the police.

The more financially well off a family, the better the level of deflecting the blame to somewhere else, until out of the public eye.

What I find interesting here is that the family are described as being "wealthy civil servants."

Civil service is very poorly paid here....I remember that Supoj, the permanent secretary for transport or infrastructure and who had some billion baht of cash in bin bags at his home which was robbed, only earned 30,000 baht per month. He was investigated for being unusually wealthy. He was dropped from press coverage so I don't know if he was convicted.

One does not become wealthy on 30,000 a month, even if you and your wife are in top civil service positions...indeed with tow of you contributing you would not earn enough to qualify for a retirement visa.

I suggest an investigation into how this couple earning say 60K per month became so wealthy.

On 5/5/2019 at 12:30 PM, OneEyedPie said:

I'm not buying it as there's far easier ways of finding a free meal than going to the most expensive hotel restaurants.

He could also find a job.  

The usual apologists were in attendance.  :whistling:

police are waiting to see just how wealthy the parents are before they decide whether to charge him with anything, nothing new in Thailand, its the size of the envelopes or cake boxes that decide on the charges here as seen over the years

7 minutes ago, cmrichsw said:

Took lessons from the POTUS  

Why do some members always have to bring him into threads?

This thread is about a Thai freeloader, sod all to do with the US.

20 minutes ago, colinneil said:
29 minutes ago, cmrichsw said:

Took lessons from the POTUS  

Why do some members always have to bring him into threads?

This thread is about a Thai freeloader, sod all to do with the US.

Agreed, but who knows, perhaps the poster was trying to side-track the thread around to suggest this:

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol Col Kaphon said the suspect was undergoing a psychological check

So greed is now a psychological disorder?

Archived