Thai dishonesty: Wealthy Rayong woman warns compatriots about trusting friends

webfact

9pm.jpg

Caption: My friend turned out to be a venomous snake!

A woman that Sanook described as a wealthy heiress went to Rayong police yesterday to report her friend for stealing from her. 

While Chananchita, 41, was away on a trip to Sweden she claims that Marayat or "Noon", 37, took her Honda City car and pledged it with a third party. 

In addition 50,000 baht of gold jewelry she had ordered from a shop had been stolen by Noon, she claimed.

After her return from Europe it cost 70,000 baht to get her car back. 

Police are preparing an arrest warrant for Noon who had earlier been entrusted with 280,000 baht by the claimant for an investment scheme. 

Chananchita warned her fellow Thais that they should be careful not to trust people too quickly and to investigate someone's background rather than rely on hunches about someone's character. 

Sanook did not elaborate why an "heiress" would be driving around in a Honda City, notes Thaivisa. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-06

2 minutes ago, webfact said:

From my experiences here, it can also be Farang dishonesty.

Known many here who spent years building up a decent reputation, pick a trusting expat 'friend', borrow money, then disappear to another town or city, with no conscience whatsoever.

23 minutes ago, OneEyedPie said:

Sanook did not elaborate why an "heiress" would be driving around in a Honda City, notes Thaivisa.

Efficiency of fuel consumption, ease of parking perhaps

1 minute ago, AhFarangJa said:

Never !!!!! We were told officially a few months ago that Thais do not con Thais, it is all foreigners.......

When I was mugged in Kuala Lumpur I was assured by every Malay to whom I told my tale that "they must have been Indonesians"

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Because as a Buddhist Thai she doesn't care about material possessions or face. 

????

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Never !!!!! We were told officially a few months ago that Thais do not con Thais, it is all foreigners.......

surprised your post was let go, made a similar comment and was removed

2 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

When I was mugged in Kuala Lumpur I was assured by every Malay to whom I told my tale that "they must have been Indonesians"

should not discriminate/generalize one race

1 minute ago, wilcopops said:

this is not "THAI" dishonesty.... it is dishonesty, basically the headline is a racist slur against Thai people, the implication being that this is an inherent trait of Thai people.

Try not to read too much into it and your everyday life will become less stressful.

A lot of these articles are poorly translated which gives rise to the usual outrage.  How can a Thai possibly be racist to another Thai?  Think about it and endeavour to exercise restraint before exclaiming discrimination as your posts will always appear feeble and unimaginative.

Just now, OneEyedPie said:

Try not to read too much into it and your everyday life will become less stressful.

A lot of these articles are poorly translated which gives rise to the usual outrage.  How can a Thai possibly be racist to another Thai?  Think about it and endeavour to exercise restraint before exclaiming discrimination as your posts will always appear feeble and unimaginative.

The headline translation is racist.

Only racists try to argue something isn't racist

7 minutes ago, wilcopops said:

this is not "THAI" dishonesty.... it is dishonesty, basically the headline is a racist slur against Thai people, the implication being that this is an inherent trait of Thai people.

Scamming is hard wired in the DNA

1 minute ago, wilcopops said:

Work yourself up then.  Be my guest but I can tell you'll reach for the racist baton at the slightest.  Like I say, it's a weak argument when bandied about indiscriminately.  

Think for yourself rather than just jumping on the latest trend.  

10 minutes ago, madmen said:

How do you a pledge a car if your name is not on the rego slip? She should have had her car reported simply as stolen 

Car pledged as collateral for loan. Lender don’t scrutinize if amount  borrowed was only 70,000baht. He can get more just from chop shop for parts. 

16 minutes ago, madmen said:

How do you a pledge a car if your name is not on the rego slip? She should have had her car reported simply as stolen 

Perhaps she did but then lots of complications about slips / fake slips / more confirming proof of ownership ...

3 hours ago, OneEyedPie said:
3 hours ago, wilcopops said:

Work yourself up then.  Be my guest but I can tell you'll reach for the racist baton at the slightest.  Like I say, it's a weak argument when bandied about indiscriminately.  

Think for yourself rather than just jumping on the latest trend.  

And if the scammers had been black, how would you suggest the headline read?

It may not be a big deal, but it's the insidiousness of 1000 small deals that make racism seem okay.  And frankly, I think the expat community as a whole would be better off if it weren't so common and accepted.

And if the scammers had been black, how would you suggest the headline read?

It may not be a big deal, but it's the insidiousness of 1000 small deals that make racism seem okay.  And frankly, I think the expat community as a whole would be better off if it weren't so common and accepted.

Only you and the other guy have alerted us to a supposed racist incident.

I’ll agree with you when there’s blatant racism on this site but the racism and xenophobic cards are played with alarming regularity here. You cheapen those words with your ignorance and apparent lack of education.

You also appear offended on behalf of others.

Think before you post your nonsense.

2 minutes ago, OneEyedPie said:

Only you and the other guy have alerted us to a supposed racist incident.

I’ll agree with you when there’s blatant racism on this site but the racism and xenophobic cards are played with alarming regularity here. You cheapen those words with your ignorance and apparent lack of education.

You also appear offended on behalf of others.

Think before you post your nonsense.

Given this toxic reaction to a perfectly valid viewpoint, is it any wonder that we haven't seen more input that disagrees with the predominant viewpoint of the folks that can't seem to respond without a personal attack?   

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Sanook did not elaborate why an "heiress" would be driving around in a Honda City

Nobody cares!

Oh wait, Thai people care. Someone with status needs to show their status 555

Given this toxic reaction to a perfectly valid viewpoint, is it any wonder that we haven't seen more input that disagrees with the predominant viewpoint of the folks that can't seem to respond without a personal attack?   

Relax and take a deep breath.

Think about the real meaning of racism and xenophobia before bedtime.

1 minute ago, OneEyedPie said:

Relax and take a deep breath.

Think about the real meaning of racism and xenophobia before bedtime.

Will do.

Meanwhile, you may want to think about the purpose of a discussion group on social media.

Archived