Jump to content
BANGKOK 17 July 2019 19:20
webfact

Thai dishonesty: Wealthy Rayong woman warns compatriots about trusting friends

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Efficiency of fuel consumption, ease of parking perhaps

And perhaps she likes Honda and perhaps she just doesn't want hi-so trappings etc etc.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you a pledge a car if your name is not on the rego slip? She should have had her car reported simply as stolen 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wilcopops said:

this is not "THAI" dishonesty.... it is dishonesty, basically the headline is a racist slur against Thai people, the implication being that this is an inherent trait of Thai people.

Try not to read too much into it and your everyday life will become less stressful.

 

A lot of these articles are poorly translated which gives rise to the usual outrage.  How can a Thai possibly be racist to another Thai?  Think about it and endeavour to exercise restraint before exclaiming discrimination as your posts will always appear feeble and unimaginative.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OneEyedPie said:

Try not to read too much into it and your everyday life will become less stressful.

 

A lot of these articles are poorly translated which gives rise to the usual outrage.  How can a Thai possibly be racist to another Thai?  Think about it and endeavour to exercise restraint before exclaiming discrimination as your posts will always appear feeble and unimaginative.

The headline translation is racist.

Only racists try to argue something isn't racist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wilcopops said:

this is not "THAI" dishonesty.... it is dishonesty, basically the headline is a racist slur against Thai people, the implication being that this is an inherent trait of Thai people.

 Scamming is hard wired in the DNA

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wilcopops said:

The headline translation is racist.

Only racists try to argue something isn't racist

Work yourself up then.  Be my guest but I can tell you'll reach for the racist baton at the slightest.  Like I say, it's a weak argument when bandied about indiscriminately.  

 

Think for yourself rather than just jumping on the latest trend.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, madmen said:

How do you a pledge a car if your name is not on the rego slip? She should have had her car reported simply as stolen 

Car pledged as collateral for loan. Lender don’t scrutinize if amount  borrowed was only 70,000baht. He can get more just from chop shop for parts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, madmen said:

How do you a pledge a car if your name is not on the rego slip? She should have had her car reported simply as stolen 

Perhaps she did but then lots of complications about slips / fake slips / more confirming proof of ownership ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OneEyedPie said:
3 hours ago, wilcopops said:

The headline translation is racist.

Only racists try to argue something isn't racist

Work yourself up then.  Be my guest but I can tell you'll reach for the racist baton at the slightest.  Like I say, it's a weak argument when bandied about indiscriminately.  

 

Think for yourself rather than just jumping on the latest trend.  

 

And if the scammers had been black, how would you suggest the headline read?

 

It may not be a big deal, but it's the insidiousness of 1000 small deals that make racism seem okay.  And frankly, I think the expat community as a whole would be better off if it weren't so common and accepted.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
And if the scammers had been black, how would you suggest the headline read?
 
It may not be a big deal, but it's the insidiousness of 1000 small deals that make racism seem okay.  And frankly, I think the expat community as a whole would be better off if it weren't so common and accepted.


Only you and the other guy have alerted us to a supposed racist incident.

I’ll agree with you when there’s blatant racism on this site but the racism and xenophobic cards are played with alarming regularity here. You cheapen those words with your ignorance and apparent lack of education.

You also appear offended on behalf of others.

Think before you post your nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OneEyedPie said:

Only you and the other guy have alerted us to a supposed racist incident.

I’ll agree with you when there’s blatant racism on this site but the racism and xenophobic cards are played with alarming regularity here. You cheapen those words with your ignorance and apparent lack of education.

You also appear offended on behalf of others.

Think before you post your nonsense.

 

 

Given this toxic reaction to a perfectly valid viewpoint, is it any wonder that we haven't seen more input that disagrees with the predominant viewpoint of the folks that can't seem to respond without a personal attack?   

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, webfact said:

Police are preparing an arrest warrant for Noon 

They go After Noon 555

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, webfact said:

Sanook did not elaborate why an "heiress" would be driving around in a Honda City

Nobody cares!

 

Oh wait, Thai people care. Someone with status needs to show their status 555

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Given this toxic reaction to a perfectly valid viewpoint, is it any wonder that we haven't seen more input that disagrees with the predominant viewpoint of the folks that can't seem to respond without a personal attack?   


Relax and take a deep breath.

Think about the real meaning of racism and xenophobia before bedtime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OneEyedPie said:

 


Relax and take a deep breath.

Think about the real meaning of racism and xenophobia before bedtime.

 

 

Will do.

 

Meanwhile, you may want to think about the purpose of a discussion group on social media.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...