Video: Thai suggests car being driven the wrong way on the highway was "foreign buffalo"

webfact

Video: Thai suggests car being driven the wrong way on the highway was "foreign buffalo"

10m11.jpg
Caption: How I met a buffalo loose on the highway

A Thai man went on Facebook to claim that a car being driven the wrong way on a Chiang Mai highway had a foreigner at the wheel. 

In an expletive laden rant accompanying a minute long dash cam video Ake Srisuwan said the driver in a black Yaris ATIV was probably a foreigner.

He gave no evidence for this assertion but inferred that the "foreigner" was a "buffalo loose on the highway".

The incident happened in Hang Dong in the northern Thai province of Chiang Mai on Sunday.

Thaivisa notes that the term "khwai" (buffalo) is not normally a term or endearment when referring to humans. It is usually cited in a negative context to imply idiocy. 

Source: Facebook

57 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thaivisa notes that the term "khwai" (buffalo) is not normally a term or endearment when referring to humans. It is usually cited in a negative context to imply idiocy

Yea but what about when you race 'em .. 

IMG_20190506_070752.jpg

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

My bet would be much more likely to be a Thai Buffalo !

Correct only buffaloes here on the roads are Thai male steerers not drivers. The dash cam shows just a car going the wrong way , if both cars were stationary maybe the accuser might have had something right.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

A Thai man went on Facebook to claim that a car being driven the wrong way on a Chiang Mai highway had a foreigner at the wheel. 

My guess is that for every 1 foreigner driving the wrong way on the highway, there are probably 100 Thai 'buffaloes' who routinely drive the wrong way on the highway.

If I took a camera to one of two U-Turns on Highway 11 near where I live, I could capture video of probably up to 30 or more cars, trucks, and motorcycles driving down the wrong way on Highway 11 in order to 'short-cut' to a side road or gas station.  Happen all the time and very often.  

So, Khun Khon Thai should work on cleaning up his own back yard before complaining about the odd, one-off foreigners doing stupid stuff.  

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Why's that?

because everyone knows that these a darker-skinned non-western people don't drive well. It's a question of civilization you know, wot wot by jingo!

I put les bulbs in my attrage and many times here in bkk i get thais stopping them getting behind me with their brights on. As if it makes me upset. I just laugh about it as it doesn't bother me at all. Then i take time to say hi if get the chance afterwards with a smile. I only have my low beams on. But most everyone who dose that has bassic factory hologen bulbs only. 

Archived