One boy drowns, two two others plucked out of the surf in Phang Nga

webfact

One boy drowns, two two others plucked out of the surf in Phang Nga

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

81016.jpg

A boy has drowned while two others have been rescued from the seas off Phang Nga. At 4.20am this morning the dead body of a 12 year old was found under the Natai Bridge, about one kilometre from where he went missing.

Kokkloi Police were notified that the three children had been washed out to sea by a wave near the Natai Pier in Kokloi, Phang Nga yesterday.

Two of them were male twins aged 12 years old named Ittikorn and Ittinop R-ree, the other was a nine year old girl Sukanya Saeang.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phang-nga/one-boy-drowns-two-two-others-plucked-out-of-the-surf-in-phang-nga

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-05-06

19 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Why do they enter the ocean if they can't swim, pray tell?

20 hours ago, webfact said:

the three children had been washed out to sea by a wave

I'm guessing they were paddling within their depth when the wave took them out.

What were 2 boys aged 12 and a girl aged 9 doing at a beach unsupervised at 4.30 AM anyway...........Parents anywhere around?

Sorry, my bad.........after reading the article I notice the poor boy was found at 4.30 AM........after a long search.....

R.I.P. young one..........

53 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I didn't see anything saying that they couldn't swim.

Neither did I. But, as most casualties among children under 15 is caused by drowning (they never learned how to swim) I assumed they couldn't.

I live in Natai and visit this beach regularly.  There is a sign by the pier saying No Swimming in multiple languages, but it is ignored by many people, as are the Red warning flags displayed when the seas are rough.   At least this is one death that farangs can't be blamed for - the seas at this time of year are rough regardless of whether we are in Thailand or not!

Archived