BANGKOK 20 June 2019 12:03
banagan

When do the arsonists stop burning?

Posted (edited)

Coming into the 2nd week of May, and the air is still foul! Are the arsonists still burning, and we need to wait for rains?

Do these criminals keep going until the rains come?

Sorry to moan, but, <deleted>!, I miss running, clean air! 

Edited by banagan
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Yep, I buggered off over two weeks ago. Why stay in such a <deleted> place any longer. And now I expect replies from those who are tied to the place and won’t admit it.

• Like 1

What's with all this burning in national parks and state forestry areas?

burning2.jpg.a83e50024d8bbf28f7119a5bf7d0f2f6.jpg

• Thanks 1

I left CM months ago, but I follow the air quality daily at airvisual.com. I don't know if it's accurate. While the air is still bad in CM, the entire region of northern Thailand and the border areas with Laos and Myanmar looks so much better than it did last month. I think CM is only weeks away from having decent air again. I've pretty much decided to stay away Feb. - mid-May but we'll see what happens next year.

• Like 1

Just drove back up from BKK the other day and just talking about the hills from Lampang to Lamphun are all burnt out or smoldering. Honestly, the more these uneducated uncaring Thai or mountain people without Thai ID are allowed to do the burning, the worse it is going to get as the population grows.. Can't the government be smart enough and get together with every little town and city on how to really catch and punish them? It is pure greed and would think basically only many hundreds to a thousand or so of people who set these thousands of fires..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Just drove back up from BKK the other day and just talking about the hills from Lampang to Lamphun

I lived in this area for a long time. Every year it would burn and just be a wasteland. All for picking mushrooms.  It is crazy. This year it got too much and we went back to Australia. Next year I can see no improvement and may be just as bad. Each year I will be forced to move for a few months as this is my wife's ancestral lands and has a lot of property here and moving is difficult. The only thing we could do is sell up and move South and start all over again and if it does not get better, this is what we may need to do. Problem is this would take years to do. This burning is just out of anybody's control now and it will not stop. Till the rains come, the burning will not stop.

Edited by totally thaied up
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

don't come to Hua Hin. it's a hellhole.

You're not wrong there.

just back from nan province, scorched earth all the way there & back again.

some huge fires blazing right up to the roadside with noone around.

gross