UK PM May looking at second Brexit vote options if talks fail - Telegraph

webfact

5 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I think people made it clear at the recent local elections but there's only 1 way to find out for sure, ask them via a 2nd referendum... 

Your second referendum will be on the 23rd of May in the EU elections when the new Brexit party will be going for gold.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Of course not. That's why we must have another referendum, then we would know.

What's your problem? Frightened of losing?

I don't have a problem, sobbing remainer's do...

When there was no clear winner in the UK General elections was there a second vote.....?.....No....

2 minutes ago, transam said:

The local elections showed how pissed off folk were with the Conservatives and Labour parties regarding the UK not walking on March 29, nothing else.....

Is this why the parties supporting remain, gained the most? I don't fancy your chances much of getting a job as a statistical analyst.

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

Why do you make claims like that that are clearly lies?

Why do people like posts like this, why do they like lies?

In post #3 I attached the actual 2016 referendum leaflet. Take a look at it.   There is a list of pros and cons for/against leaving.  There are zero promises and zero guarantees. You are correct in your assertion that people make claims that are untrue.  Their interpretation of the actual document is exactly why the nation is split.  There are no promises nor guarantees.  It was a smoke and mirrors document that did the complete opposite of what Cameroon and his Tory loonies were hoping for.

As I posted in another thread a few weeks ago, who thinks that the article 50 withdrawal letter will be submitted to the EU in either September or October 2019 ?  as clearly it is most definitely the only realistic outcome of this UK political tussle.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

So you're happy to call another referendum then?

To have another referendum would be a travesty for UK democracy...YOU want to demean what the UK has for your own goal...

3 minutes ago, transam said:

When there was no clear winner in the UK General elections was there a second vote.....?.....No...

Yes. February 1974. Harold Wilson formed a minority government but just couldn't make it work. Called another election in the October which he won with a clear majority, enabling him to form a viabe government, which remained in power for the full term of 5 years.

Do any of you seriously think that your opinions, expressed here on TV, will make one whit of difference to the process or outcome, one way or another? All just hot air.

1 minute ago, transam said:

To have another referendum would be a travesty for UK democracy...YOU want to demean what the UK has for your own goal...

Says you. It's cleat that many people, now understanding the terms and full consequences of our withdrawal, would like to reverse their vote. Now that's democracy.

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

And people who aren't disgruntled, don't take to the streets and don't whine.

It's always the vocal minority who take to the streets and whine the most.

The recent street protests in Venezuela are a classic example.

That's why the remain gathering in London had so many luvvy snowflake whingers who don't seem to have jobs. 

And you are wrong about Venezuela, where the situation is not comparable - at least for now.

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Says you. It's cleat that many people, now understanding the terms and full consequences of our withdrawal, would like to reverse their vote. Now that's democracy.

As cleat as mut.

31 minutes ago, transam said:

Good grief man.....The people DID decide...????

They did? When was this?

I don't remember any poll asking the people to give their opinion on the withdrawal agreement.

I only remember an opinion poll based on lies in 2016!

4 minutes ago, Grusa said:

Do any of you seriously think that your opinions, expressed here on TV, will make one whit of difference to the process or outcome, one way or another? All just hot air.

We're just brainstorming - someone might come up with a good idea. 

Just now, fishtank said:

They did? When was this?

I don't remember any poll asking the people to give their opinion on the withdrawal agreement.

SOS

50 minutes ago, Spidey said:

A lot of people (48%) voted remain and it's not what we voted for.

You talk as though all British citizens are desperate to leave the EU. Recent indicators suggest that that is now a minority. The only democratic way to settle this is to call another referendum. Let the people decide!

Farage's Tsunami will confirm once and for all which side are the 'also rans' a fortnight from now.

Remain, aided and abetted by a sympathetic Parliament, chose to awaken a sleeping bear and only have themselves to blame for the consequences. That bear won't return to it's den until well after the next general election....

RIP the Tories

36 minutes ago, transam said:

Good grief man.....The people DID decide...????

They did? When was this?

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Yes. February 1974. Harold Wilson formed a minority government but just couldn't make it work. Called another election in the October which he won with a clear majority, enabling him to form a viabe government, which remained in power for the full term of 5 years.

You are twisting stuff...A Prime minister can call a general election at any time, a general election does not get a second vote.

Cameron's referendum stated what the winner gets what they want...

That is it, yet you losers cannot deal with it, probably because of your own personal interests of which has become clear on these threads from remainer's...

3 minutes ago, fishtank said:

They did? When was this?

Oh dear oh dear........The people were asked a simple question, it was answered.....

8 minutes ago, transam said:

You are twisting stuff...A Prime minister can call a general election at any time, a general election does not get a second vote.

Cameron's referendum stated what the winner gets what they want...

That is it, yet you losers cannot deal with it, probably because of your own personal interests of which has become clear on these threads from remainer's...

That was the problem with both the leave and remain campaigns. A pack of lies on both sides.

Not surprising really. The remain campaign was headed by Cameron and the leave campaign by Boris Johnson. 2 senior Tories and mates from the Bullingdon club. And you really expected anything resembling the truth coming out of either campaign?

BTW. Parliament can call a referendum at any time.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

That was the problem with both the leave and remain campaigns. A pack of lies on both sides.

Not surprising really. The remain campaign was headed by Cameron and the leave campaign by Boris Johnson. 2 senior Tories and mates from the Bullingdon club. And you really expected anything resembling the truth coming out of either campaign?

I respect what the referendum electorate voted for, what ever that was I would have respected..End of story..

Just now, transam said:

I respect what the referendum electorate voted for, what ever that was I would have respected..End of story..

Sorry but I don't respect a vote that the people voted on based on a pack of lies. Neither do the majority of people in the UK.

Just now, Spidey said:

Sorry but I don't respect a vote that the people voted on based on a pack of lies. Neither do the majority of people in the UK.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, the electorate saw through Osbornes and Camerons lies and still came to the right decision.

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

I wouldn't worry too much about it, the electorate saw through Osbornes and Camerons lies and still came to the right decision.

Obviously they didn't see through Boris' lies. Selective vision? Or just blinkered Brexiteers.

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

YOU said BOTH sides were lied too....????.....

Do I assume then that remainer's would now vote leave..?

Just now, Spidey said:

Obviously they didn't see through Boris' lies. Selective vision? Or just blinkered Brexiteers.

If remainers cannot understand the written word on the side of a brexit bus, shudda gone to specsavers. 

Just now, transam said:

YOU said BOTH sides were lied too....????.....

Do I assume then that remainer's would now vote leave..?

No, but they too realise that Cameron's promises, re. the peoples vote, could not/would not be adhered to.

Just now, vogie said:

If remainers cannot understand the written word on the side of a brexit bus, shudda gone to specsavers. 

It was Brexiteers that were fooled by the lies written on the side of the Brexit bus.

788923534_bigred.png.29fbde9607d4a26ce7488c7ff22a726c.png478932769_borisbus.png.f9f5b72efa12e931fd62fe787f349be9.png

Archived