Final details sorted for May 7-12 seafood festival

Rimmer

Final details sorted for May 7-12 seafood festival

image.png

PATTAYA:--Pattaya ironed out the final details covering traffic, garbage and security at the upcoming Amazing Seafood Festival.

Deputy Mayor Banlue Kullavanijaya presided over the May 3 meeting for the May 7-12 festival on Beach Road, which will feature 150 booths.

Vendors were told they must unload equipment on May 7 within 15 minutes during 9 p.m. and midnight, and 8-11 a.m. on May 10-12.

Garbage patrols will be very strict, Banlue vowed, and vendors should remove any valuables from their booths at night to prevent thefts.

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/final-details-sorted-for-may-7-12-seafood-festival-254046

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-05-07--

19 hours ago, Kim J said:

"Pattaya ironed out the final details covering traffic, garbage and security at the upcoming Amazing Seafood Festival".

I would say with some confidence that the outcome of this 'ironing out' will just be business as usual, with the normal traffic chaos, filth and squalor. Of course with a sprinkling of money making opportunities for those in the loop.

It was excellent last year and very popular. The Thai civic authorities are excellent at organising events. I have found this to be the case in most cities with the exception of CM. The myriad of events held in Pattaya benefit from the presence of enthusiastic people and the absence of curmudgeons.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So Pattaya Beach Road will be hampered by all this again! 

Hands up all those who believed the Beach Rd widening project was designed to improve traffic flow!

I love it when beach rd is turned into a pedestrian area. As do most people. I think walking street should be extended to the whole of beach road. This month is also the fireworks competition and the road will become a pedestrian area. Great!

1 minute ago, Kim J said:

I will not take any chance. I will be avoiding Pattaya during the whole period from the 7th to the 12th just to be certain.

Lol take any chance of what? It's not Songkran where you need to avoid it, you know? It's already the 9th so I guess you've left Pattaya many days ago already?

On 5/8/2019 at 9:43 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

I love it when beach rd is turned into a pedestrian area. As do most people. I think walking street should be extended to the whole of beach road. This month is also the fireworks competition and the road will become a pedestrian area. Great!

I live here and shopping for plastic crap is not one of my pleasures. The issue is the crowds and stalls actually prevent Walking and delays my getting to the Walking Street proper. I certainly would not mind if the traffic was eliminated.

I do like the Fireworks competition and always book into a hotel to make the best of it. 

1 hour ago, grollies said:

Is the Seafood Festival worth a visit? I've a few days off and it's only 1.5 hrs drive. Appreciate any constructive opinion, good or bad.

I personally am not a fan, seafood sitting around too long in this heat! It is hard work walking among  the stalls. I live here and my preference is to sit down while eating, hopefully in a cooled area. It is mostly squid and salted fish and pad Thai! That said, this seems to be a very popular event and I recall the Russians really liked it. Some interesting foods can be found. 

It's a nightmare getting around Pattaya already (unless you actually live in the dump), as usual with these 'festivals' it will snarl up the traffic even more and it will be even more impossible to get around. Not that it worries me too much, nothing would induce me to visit during this time, or any other time if I can avoid it. Yes, I know, I'm not hiding my loathing for the place very well am I.  

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I personally am not a fan, seafood sitting around too long in this heat! It is hard work walking among  the stalls. I live here and my preference is to sit down while eating, hopefully in a cooled area. It is mostly squid and salted fish and pad Thai! That said, this seems to be a very popular event and I recall the Russians really liked it. Some interesting foods can be found. 

Ok, think I'll give it a miss. So it's typical Thai street food style, all pre-cooked and laid out for display and the flies. Is nothing on ice and cooked to order? Think I'll stick to the beach market at Mae Phim, at least you can get it fresh off the boat. Cheers for the input.

16 hours ago, grollies said:

Ok, think I'll give it a miss. So it's typical Thai street food style, all pre-cooked and laid out for display and the flies. Is nothing on ice and cooked to order? Think I'll stick to the beach market at Mae Phim, at least you can get it fresh off the boat. Cheers for the input.

I say that but I once saw an area where there were some tables set out and someone was BBQ food and bringing it to the tables. But there weren't enough of them. I always find the same issue with the Naklua Walking St. Simply slow moving crowds, nowhere to sit, relax, have a beer and food, overly crowded, insufficient convenience.

Archived