New Immigration boss "Big Oud" shows his teeth: Orders transfer of Ranong chief after slow service

webfact

8 hours ago, Bert Jones said:

Friends and I have actually opted for other destinations rather than go through the hell that is US immigration...very long Q's and very rude abrupt and at times aggressive staff. Infact, I will never go to the US again, my experiences have been that bad...and I've been around 12 times - mainly for work...and route 66 twice.

Yeah, I waited 3 hours for immigration at DFW in a huge queue. It’s the worst and also unconstitutional. My worst at a BKK airport is 2 hours.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never have any complaints at all with Thai Immigration but United States immigration is no where near as tough as Thai Immigration. In Thailand it’s not that difficult if you have money/enough monthly income typically pension income, and over 50 years old, or married to a Thai citizen. If not even if you are working in Thailand as an English teacher it’s extremely difficult for people like that. And if you overstay your visa or extension here in Thailand it’s BIG TROUBLE.

In the United States it’s not easy for poor people to get in legally but a lot easier than Thailand for sure, Thailand doesn’t treat the migrant workers here very well at all. In the United States aliens overstay their visas all the time and get away with it all the time. ICE has been getting tougher because of Trump’s nationalistic policies but it’s still a lot easier for foreigners staying in the United States to stay illegally then it is here in Thailand by far. I am not a Donald Trump hater at all but I have not drank the Donald Trump cool-aide either. I never drink any political cool-aide from any political party. In fact there’s not much more that I despise than politics. I definitely did not drink the Obama Cool-aide either.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Interesting, before complaintslike this would have fallen on deaf ears.  A clear shot across the bow that services have to have proactive planning or you will be replaced. Maybe a sign of improvement to come. We shall see. 

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

Well yes but that what should be happening is that they are doing their jobs correctly and professionally as they are pid to you as per their contract of employment.  

In Industry I had to move a Thai manager to another location because he was continuously giving cash and other benefits to 90% of the staff under his leadership, just for doing their jobs, and it had got to the point where several of his reporting staff wee negotiating with him 'I don't think I can do that but for an extra 10,000 this month I can' and he would instantly agree. And more.

This scenario had become 'SOP', and the next manager had a very big battle to stop this and get people to do the work they were expected to do by their agreed contracts. 

If it was SOP then you should not have interferred. 

Jeez, where do these official get their nick names?

When a foreigner tries to introduce a nick name for themselves, 

it never seems to stick. 

At least we don't try to call ourselves Joke or Oink, 

at least not yet.

I'm waiting for the next official to appear, 

call himself Dog... as in what's up Dog?

4 minutes ago, ajarnmarc said:

Jeez, where do these official get their nick names?

When a foreigner tries to introduce a nick name for themselves, 

it never seems to stick. 

At least we don't try to call ourselves Joke or Oink, 

at least not yet.

I'm waiting for the next official to appear, 

call himself Dog... as in what's up Dog?

They are given their nick names at birth.

17 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

If it was SOP then you should not have interferred. 

I guess you missed what I was pretty obviously alluding to - it had quickly become an unofficial SOP, way outside of the normal practice in most companies any in my company - employees expected to achieve the end result stated on their job description and being paid / reewarded for it in the normal compensation rates, and it was quickly producing unhappy employee in other departments who wanted the same, and it was massively increasing operating costs and slowing delivery times - so no I should have interfered. 

Immigration should be commended for the extremely efficient service at Chiang Mai and also Jomtien.

I havent lived in Jomtien since 2014 but from 2005-2014 when I did live there.......in my opinion they did a very good job...........hope it is even better now.

I guess we will be hearing a lot more on the forum about Big Oink once he has started to make his own contribution to the Good guys in, bad guys out policy. This is just a warm-up. There are probably many clerical positions waiting for officers who displease him, along with flights home for long term expats who don’t make the cut under new criteria in the never ending visa crap shoot.

Ahh the naysayers e.g  it as just window dressing, all Thai's are full of it and its a scam and window dressing bla bla bla ... lol lol.  Lets see what the future brings huh before we attempt to define the future based on what appears to be 'highly tinted', and so jaded perspectives.

26 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Ahh the naysayers e.g  it as just window dressing, all Thai's are full of it and its a scam and window dressing bla bla bla ... lol lol.  Lets see what the future brings huh before we attempt to define the future based on what appears to be 'highly tinted', and so jaded perspectives.

Bit hard to look to a bright future when the past and present are pretty clearly a balls up.

22 hours ago, JimSaints said:

If slow service is a reason for transfer then we will see empty Immigration Offices soon

Could be other reasons.  Collecting tea-money slows things down.  Or maybe the upward flow of that money is not happening properly.

Or maybe - just maybe - he is out to eliminate this habit altogether! - - - - - Oh! - Wait! - T.I.T.

On 5/7/2019 at 1:01 PM, smedly said:

send them on a secondment to an office that provides a good speedy service or a swap - and reward the heads and staff of efficient offices with a bonus

Reward them for doing their jobs? Only here could such a concept actually make sense.

On 5/7/2019 at 3:21 AM, theboogeyman said:

See I knew they would come up with something else to write about ever since the mysterious disappearance of Surachate.  Is he still “sneaking into work” by the way without actually being seen by anyone?  Has anyone actually laid eyes on him since he supposedly began the art of “sneaking into work” like a ninja or something?  Nope.  

Yes..... So strange....... "Big Joke"......... I replied to a post a week or two ago and commented about him...........

I farang friend of mine was talking to a group of 'his' Thai friends (businessmen/1 Lawyer) and over coffee something was mentioned about 'Big Joke'.... My friend said that the Thai guy said "He is DEAD"....... "They had him done-in"....... ever since my friend mentioned this to me I have been watching intently for any News about him -- and not seen anything since before he was supposed to have gone on his Holiday to America..... That is a long while back...... and he 'was' being followed by the news so regularly, even after his 'demotion'...... 

Has anybody heard anything current reporting any of his activity???

On 5/7/2019 at 11:52 AM, Thailand said:

Probably working slowly trying to deal with new rules and regulations that are interpreted differently by different offices, perhaps he could get all offices to work from the same page.

And then I woke up!

Yes..... So strange....... "Big Joke"......... I replied to a post a week or two ago and commented about him...........
I farang friend of mine was talking to a group of 'his' Thai friends (businessmen/1 Lawyer) and over coffee something was mentioned about 'Big Joke'.... My friend said that the Thai guy said "He is DEAD"....... "They had him done-in"....... ever since my friend mentioned this to me I have been watching intently for any News about him -- and not seen anything since before he was supposed to have gone on his Holiday to America..... That is a long while back...... and he 'was' being followed by the news so regularly, even after his 'demotion'...... 
Has anybody heard anything current reporting any of his activity???

And just like I predicted suddenly the news media and this forum has conveniently forgotten about him because they’re not getting any answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived