Re-Entry Permit Question

My Non-O Multi is due to expire on 15th July & I plan on getting a Re-Entry Permit on 28th June (Enter Thailand on 27th June), but what would happen if I returned to Thailand before the Visa expires (Say on the 11th July)?

Would the IO stamp me in for the remainder of the Re-Entry Permit (To 25th Sept) or would they give me an additional 90 days per the Visa (To 9th October)?

I know most people would want the additional 90 days, but I'm trying to plan for my extension application & it's more convenient to me to do it at the end of August than in September/October (it's even more convenient if I get the re-entry permit on 5th June so I can do the extension early August but I have already booked a trip at the end of June so won't risk it if I'm likely to get an additional 90 days).

You do not have to wait for your visa to expire to apply for the extension of stay. You can do it during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries.  Perhaps you could do it now. When does your current entry end?

There seems to an error in this part of your post.

11 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I plan on getting a Re-Entry Permit on 28th June (Enter Thailand on 27th June)

If you get a re-entry permit it would depend upon what the officer stamping you into the country would do. Normally they would use your visa since it allows a longer stay. You could tell them your wanted to use the re-entry permit.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You do not have to wait for your visa to expire to apply for the extension of stay. You can do it during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries.  Perhaps you could do it now. When does your current entry end?

There seems to an error in this part of your post.

If you get a re-entry permit it would depend upon what the officer stamping you into the country would do. Normally they would use your visa since it allows a longer stay. You could tell them your wanted to use the re-entry permit.

Thanks Joe, unfortunately I'm still working & normally visit Thailand for 4-5 days (x2) each month so always have >80 days remaining on the entry stamp when I'm leaving, hence me trying to time the last entry so I can get a re-entry permit, come back a few times in the following 60 days then come back 30 days or so before it expires to do the extension.

I think safest is to get the re-entry permit on 28th June & make sure I don't come back until after the visa expires on the 15th July

Thanks again

MTV