Legitimate tourist or something else? Thai woman rants after being denied entry to Taiwan

webfact

Legitimate tourist or something else? Thai woman rants after being denied entry to Taiwan

6pm.jpg

Picture: Spring News

A Thai woman who was denied entry to Taiwan had some foul language in both Thai and English for the island nation. 

She suggested that she was a book being judged by its cover.

Dressed in a white vest and jeans the woman had flown from Chiang Mai to Taoyuan International Airport but was sent back.

She said in Thai: "Small country - "hia" people and "hia" immigration".

Hia meaning water monitor is a serious and abusive Thai insult. She continued:

"They make decisions based on how someone looks. I'll never go there again as long as I live". 

Meanwhile people online were debating what was her intended objective in going to Taiwan and might she have decided to dress more conservatively. 

In English that was partially obscured the woman added: "F**king Immigration Taipei" and what appeared to be "Lick my ass".

The post found its way onto the Jao Ying Noi Heng Andaman" (little Andaman princess) site on Facebook. 

Thaivisa notes that Thai women frequently encounter problems abroad due to the large number of their compatriots who work in the sex industry and travel to countries like Taiwan to work. 

Sometimes legitimate tourists complain of being tarred with the brush of being a prostitute. 

Spring News made no reference to this either way in their story. 

Source: Spring News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-08

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These stories are alway a little short on details, did she have a booked return ticket, an itinerary/hotel booking, the contents of her bag was not tourist things etc. A history of visits etc ?

Immigration's job is to keep the wrong sort of people out of the country. Given the foul tirade of abuse she came out with, you have to say they probably did their job quite well in this case.

Maybe the way she is dressed?, the big suitcase?, and maybe a few entries before? But then again I do know Thai girls in normal business who do travel by themselves and are not out to make money off their bodies. They have worried about the same rejections before. So it is common. 

Thaivisa notes that Thai women frequently encounter problems abroad due to the large number of their compatriots who work in the sex industry and travel to countries like Taiwan to work. 

The Thai women are world famous for the sexual services they provide across the globe. 

If you tell people you have a thai girlfriend or wife most will assume she is a prostitute. They might not say it, but they think it.

I am guilty of that as well. Probably because most of the farang thai couples that I have met the woman was a sex worker.

Just the way it is.

6 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Thaivisa notes that Thai women frequently encounter problems abroad due to the large number of their compatriots who work in the sex industry and travel to countries like Taiwan to work. 

The Thai women are world famous for the sexual services they provide across the globe. 

If you tell people you have a thai girlfriend or wife most will assume she is a prostitute. They might not say it, but they think it.

I am guilty of that as well. Probably because most of the farang thai couples that I have met the woman was a sex worker.

Just the way it is.

It's true but sad. I'm Married to a Thai women. She's no prostitute and I haven't even ever been to a bar... People judge though. Thais only have themselves to blame.

8 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

and I haven't even ever been to a bar... 

You should get out more. They are a lot of fun. You will love it mate.

World famous for a very good reason. 

They will blow your...er, mind.

46 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

It's true but sad. I'm Married to a Thai women. She's no prostitute and I haven't even ever been to a bar... People judge though. Thais only have themselves to blame.

It is sad. If other Thais see a Thai lady with a westerner they might also jump to that conclusion. 

I remember speaking to a Thai woman who studied her master's in the UK. She said a few UK people asked her about ladyboys and Thai prostitutes. She asked me if this is what UK people thought of Thailand. I told her that I couldn't speak on behalf of other people, but Thailand definitely has a reputation as a place where you can go and easily buy sex. She told me that it wasn't nice for people to talk about other countries like this. I agreed that it might not be nice, but you can't stop people from talking. You can't have your cake and eat in the real world. 

Rightly or wrongly, this story looks like Thailand's reputation preceding itself. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

She suggested that she was a book being judged by its cover.

Yeah well now you got a taste of what so many foreigners have to deal with at Thai immigration!! No sympathy for you, lady.

"Lick my ass".

Where do I sign up?

"hia" people

"hia" immigration

F**king Immigration Taipei"

Lick my ass

Spoken like a true h****r. Perhaps Taiyuan immigration wasn't so wrong to deny her after all.

I'll never go there again as long as I live

Good news for Taiwan, I guess, as there'll be one less illegal Thai h****r for them to deal with -- out of thousands of others.

2 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Just the way it is.

The Broad Brush approach sadly.   Having had a Thai Wife for 25 years that was not a sex worker but a very respectable Midwife throughout her working life and knowing many other decent Thai Women married to Farang i apply a much narrower brush.    However; i know where you're coming from as most people in my country only see Thailand as the sex capital of the World !

Archived