Legitimate tourist or something else? Thai woman rants after being denied entry to Taiwan

webfact

2 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Malaysia can also be troublesome.

Singapore is probably the worst in this part of the world... It makes it very difficult for Thais, Filipinas, Vietnamese, and Indons to enter. Mostly young women, of course. A few years ago, the Vietnamese government even wrote a letter of protest Singapore about the discrimination shown towards its citizens. Not sure if it changed anything. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, webfact said:

She said in Thai: "Small country - "hia" people and "hia" immigration".

Hia meaning water monitor is a serious and abusive Thai insult.

Miaow .. If they are lizards then she's an old trout .. 

She's excused from any responsibility for her misadventure since she comes from a culture where people definitely do NOT make decisions about people based on their looks. There's just no way she could have seen this coming.

12 minutes ago, Docno said:

Singapore is probably the worst in this part of the world... It makes it very difficult for Thais, Filipinas, Vietnamese, and Indons to enter. Mostly young women, of course. A few years ago, the Vietnamese government even wrote a letter of protest Singapore about the discrimination shown towards its citizens. Not sure if it changed anything. 

singapore got something right in that viet hookers have relocated to thailand

2 hours ago, The Stranger said:

Apparently the problem is not just the cover of this book, but also some of its content: I would have given her the benefit of the doubt, but those kind of insults are often coming from "working" ladies.

dont talk about "my girl" that way. she is different

18 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

However; i know where you're coming from as most people in my country only see Thailand as the sex capital of the World !

They are the best at it bar none. 

Every country has prostitutes, but the Thais have their customers lining up to buy them houses, cars, businesses, supporting mum and dads retirements etc.

It is incredible.

They should embrace it more. Some of these girls have exceptional love making skills acquired from thousands of hours of practice. World beaters.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Spring News made no reference to this either way in their story

Thai news always hide the truth about Thai women abroad if they think it's bad for Thailand image. 

20 minutes ago, atyclb said:

why did you choose the verb "spreading" ?

It's a throwback to Yingluk, she urged Thais to spread Thainess to the world. It hasn't really worked, has it? Can't for the life of me think why. ???? 

Based on her completely undignified reply, it looks like immigration did a great job weeding out a lowlife, and preventing her from infecting the nation with her pessimism, anger and hostility. Way to go guys. Good sniffers. 

My daughter will be flying CNX to Taipei on the 12Th,and she definitely

won't be dressed like that,has a good job and plenty of savings,and I

have told her to take pictures of her at work,and of our house,just in

case,she has already been to H.K. ,Singapore,Malaysia,Tokyo,Okinawa,

without any problem,but get an IO on a bad day and entry could be denied.

regards worgeordie

8 minutes ago, Bipolar said:

Heard that this thai women can make up to Bt 250,000 per weekend

Struggling with that one, 83 customers at 3,000 baht a time, busy weekend ????

I back her. So many women carrying Thai passports or even born in Thailand are harassed by immigration officials of countries that they're legitimately entering simply because of their gender and country of origin.
Suggesting that `Thais have themselves to blame' is just sexist stereotyping at best and misogynistic at worst. Seems there's a congregation here.
As for what she's wearing, I suppose she'd be asking to be raped if she wore a bikini on a beach on Koh Tao, right?

45 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

the Thais have their customers lining up to buy them houses, cars, businesses, supporting mum and dads retirements etc.

It is incredible.

Indeed, says a lot about the clientele.

unbelievable. Farang can completely trash Thai Immigration and ridicule Immigration officers with the usual stereotypes here on this forum. But when a regular Thai female is singled out and cant enter a country and basically is judged to be a prostitute, all farang here applaud Taiwan Immigration for not letting her in. She is a pretty girl and traveling alone, oh so she must be a prostitute. Her money and time waisted and a ruined holiday, all bc of assumptions and no proof.

Taiwan & South Korea are both trapped by this ASEAN visa free agreement.

But the Immigration guys aren't stupid, they understand that vast numbers of single females travelling alone disappear into the agricultural or 'entertainment' world. 

The fact that she was pissed, was just the fact that the IO caught her!

We are looking at it all wrong, if sex was an Olympic sport Thailand would win all available medals.....it should be celebrated...in fact they might even introduce a platinum medal due to the high level of skills involved.....I am so proud....world beaters in every sense of the word

4 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

It's the toilet seat she's carrying. Taiwan is not that backward.

????

Actually, she'd fit right in. Here are some pics I took of a typical restaurant in Taipei this past January ????

DSC00272.jpg

DSC00285nik.jpg

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

singapore got something right in that viet hookers have relocated to thailand

Then all I can suggest is that you use a wallet chain and carry your mobile in your front pocket... 

Archived