Legitimate tourist or something else? Thai woman rants after being denied entry to Taiwan

webfact

I agree with her. You cant judge on person. Ok she looks sexy, but then?

Immigration has rules to follow and in this case maybe return ticket.

THey can inquire with her of what she is doing there and then maybe denie.

Denied, i can imagine you get angry and depending on who you are, you can have some curses flying around, happens all the time every time in the whole world. Its a moment in time and feelings.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

These stories are alway a little short on details, did she have a booked return ticket, an itinerary/hotel booking, the contents of her bag was not tourist things etc. A history of visits etc ?

Probably asked for the reason of her visit.. business or pleasure... she couldn't choose which one!

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Immigration's job is to keep the wrong sort of people out of the country. Given the foul tirade of abuse she came out with, you have to say they probably did their job quite well in this case.

And you -as well as a biased Immigration official (she was hassled....what else do you not get?) stand on your holier-than-thou podium as to what "foul tirades" come about. You or I were not there.......therefore aka Chinese, much info lacking:)

4 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Thaivisa notes that Thai women frequently encounter problems abroad due to the large number of their compatriots who work in the sex industry and travel to countries like Taiwan to work. 

The Thai women are world famous for the sexual services they provide across the globe. 

If you tell people you have a thai girlfriend or wife most will assume she is a prostitute. They might not say it, but they think it.

So true!  The looks I get when I say my girlfriend is Thai.  Then they are happily surprised to hear what her background is.  Oh yeah, and of course, they always ask, so how old is your girlfriend....

Sad but true, is the Thai reputation world wide...

She showed her true colours when denied entry, Taiwan can spot a Thai skank prostitute

a mile away, they are well trained. The skank will be back on walking street or soi cowboy by now.

congratulations to Taiwan.

10 minutes ago, TMNH said:

And you -as well as a biased Immigration official (she was hassled....what else do you not get?) stand on your holier-than-thou podium as to what "foul tirades" come about. You or I were not there.......therefore aka Chinese, much info lacking:

Yeh and your probably married to a skank like that, get a life.

I'm Canadian and travel between Thailand and Taiwan holding my permanent residency for Taiwan.  About 4-6 months ago, 3 tour groups of about 150 Vietnamese total, took off an hour after arriving at their hotel and the police are still rounding them up at brothels and production lines across the country.  They are on full alert for anyone that raises even a hint of suspicion now and not a good time to try to enter Taiwan if for "other" purposes.  This even if you don't currently need a visa as a Thai national coming in as a tourist, you are still closely vetted now.  My Thai friends come often and show evidence of funds, proof of job(s) back home, use me as their friend's residence for their lodging, and even an invitation letter from me inviting them.  This girl likely showed no proof of funds, job back home, friends here or hotel accommodations/itinerary.  Sorry, I should say "I know" that is the reason......and the "face" thing prevails with her outburst!!  Go try another country honey !!!

2 hours ago, Bipolar said:

The problem is worst in Singapore and the Singapore authorities are so lax....so many thai women especially office girls, professionals and even married thai ladies will fly off to the weekend to work as freelance hookers there out of private condominiums and run by Singaporean Chinese pimps that have their websites run out of Cambodia. Heard that this thai women can make up to Bt 250,000 per weekend, servicing non-stop. Some of these Singaporean Chinese pimps make so much money and they buy condos in thailand to rent out etc. 

Don't believe everything you see on the internet pal!

2 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

unbelievable. Farang can completely trash Thai Immigration and ridicule Immigration officers with the usual stereotypes here on this forum. But when a regular Thai female is singled out and cant enter a country and basically is judged to be a prostitute, all farang here applaud Taiwan Immigration for not letting her in. She is a pretty girl and traveling alone, oh so she must be a prostitute. Her money and time waisted and a ruined holiday, all bc of assumptions and no proof.

Oh look there... a unicorn !!!  

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Probably asked for the reason of her visit.. business or pleasure... she couldn't choose which one!

She should have just smiled sweetly and said "Yes!"

2 hours ago, CGW said:

Struggling with that one, 83 customers at 3,000 baht a time, busy weekend ????

Your thinking Thai bar girl prices. They get paid a whole lot more in Singapore that's why they go there.

2 hours ago, chatette said:

I back her. So many women carrying Thai passports or even born in Thailand are harassed by immigration officials of countries that they're legitimately entering simply because of their gender and country of origin.
Suggesting that `Thais have themselves to blame' is just sexist stereotyping at best and misogynistic at worst. Seems there's a congregation here.
As for what she's wearing, I suppose she'd be asking to be raped if she wore a bikini on a beach on Koh Tao, right?

You back her based on what part of the reported story?  

I'm neither here nor there as the entire story revolves an outburst due to a refusal of entry.  She might be a virtuous lady or she might not.  Immigration might have her on record for a previous misdemeanour or they might not.  

Non-story other than the reported outburst. 

My only other observation is that my wife, in a similar situation, would have said thank you and returned back to LOS.  

7 hours ago, Morty T said:

She'll need to add South Korea to that list also. Thai women travelling alone are routinely denied entry. 

Just an indication of the reputation that Thailand has around the world. Lady 'public relations workers' are surely one of the country's biggest exports and foreign currency earners. If she is not one of them then she has suffered from the sleazy reputation that her country has. And Taiwan is not to blame for that.

42 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Your thinking Thai bar girl prices. They get paid a whole lot more in Singapore that's why they go there.

I have spent a lot of time in Singapore, believe me they don't make near the amount that "they" make out - too much competition from Vietnamese, Chinese, Indo's etc these days. Be lucky if they got 2k a shot for a very short time.

11 minutes ago, CGW said:

I have spent a lot of time in Singapore, believe me they don't make near the amount that "they" make out - too much competition from Vietnamese, Chinese, Indo's etc these days. Be lucky if they got 2k a shot for a very short time.

250k a weekend did seem more than a little, erm, exaggerated.

16 minutes ago, CGW said:

Maybe you should stop talking,  to the dubious ones in the Crazy horse bar. :w00t::cheesy:

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaivisa notes that Thai women frequently encounter problems abroad due to the large number of their compatriots who work in the sex industry

A  filthy and blatant  lie scarring the good  name of Thailand????

12 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

to the dubious ones in the Crazy horse bar. :w00t::cheesy:

There certainly are one or two "dubious" ones in that bar - so i have been told :wink:

4 hours ago, chatette said:

I suppose she'd be asking to be raped if she wore a bikini on a beach on Koh Tao, right?

you'd  better ask the Thai PM about that one he mentioned it once before I believe, I use the word "PM"  loosely

Archived