Legitimate tourist or something else? Thai woman rants after being denied entry to Taiwan

webfact

8 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Thaivisa notes that Thai women frequently encounter problems abroad due to the large number of their compatriots who work in the sex industry and travel to countries like Taiwan to work. 

The Thai women are world famous for the sexual services they provide across the globe. 

If you tell people you have a thai girlfriend or wife most will assume she is a prostitute. They might not say it, but they think it.

I am guilty of that as well. Probably because most of the farang thai couples that I have met the woman was a sex worker.

Just the way it is.

what's wrong with a woman who was a sex worker before? Now she is a highly skilled, specialized wife with lots of valuable contacts!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

It's the toilet seat she's carrying. 

All cattle class passengers have to carry a toilet seat.  It's part of the punishment for not upgrading to business.  ????

Went to City Hall today in ChiangMai to renew my daughters passport before we head back to Canada for the summer.The office was over flowing with Thais queuing up  for passports,took us 3hrs before our number came up. I kept wondering..."where the hell are all these people going"?

After all it is quit a limited nexus of countries that a Thai passport is welcomed without a visa and to get a visa for say a Western country is often a very steep hurdle for the average Thai.

Last year My wife was politely questioned by immigration police while we waited for our flight to Seoul.They told her there has been many problems with Thais doing either a runner or working illegally in Korea.

5 hours ago, namatjira said:

We are looking at it all wrong, if sex was an Olympic sport Thailand would win all available medals.....it should be celebrated...in fact they might even introduce a platinum medal due to the high level of skills involved.....I am so proud....world beaters in every sense of the word

cant agree on this one. Olympic athletes are judged on skill, expertise, ability, endurance, they are the best of the best. quality not quantity.

the quantity is epic, the quality of thai sex workers in the above aspects falls woefully low.

5 hours ago, JMSIII said:

So true!  The looks I get when I say my girlfriend is Thai.  Then they are happily surprised to hear what her background is.  Oh yeah, and of course, they always ask, so how old is your girlfriend....

Sad but true, is the Thai reputation world wide...

I always just tell people I met her in a bj bar.

My previous regular traditional masseur went to korea to work illegally last year. Saw her a couple of months back working at her old place. Reason being she was caught by the authorities and sent back. 

3 hours ago, CGW said:

I have spent a lot of time in Singapore, believe me they don't make near the amount that "they" make out - too much competition from Vietnamese, Chinese, Indo's etc these days. Be lucky if they got 2k a shot for a very short time.

Many Thais working as guest relation officer or singers in karaoke and night clubs in central Singapore area  where only competition is Vietnamese. The clubs are similar in operation as the ones in Thailand with flower garlands... The clubs at orchard road frequented by farangs have girls from other countries like Philippines, China, Indonesia.. 

8 hours ago, yankee99 said:

looking at her implants i vote to let her in????

She was pissed off because she had just put in a huge investment in her implants and now she couldn’t recoup her losses.   

2 hours ago, OneEyedPie said:

All cattle class passengers have to carry a toilet seat.  It's part of the punishment for not upgrading to business.  ????

Are you calling this fine upstanding young lady a cow?

13 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

These stories are alway a little short on details, did she have a booked return ticket, an itinerary/hotel booking, the contents of her bag was not tourist things etc. A history of visits etc ?

I agree. But then these stories are designed to provoke angry knee jerk reactions and clicks. See, I'm on here myself on what really is not a news story of any significance.

11 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I remember speaking to a Thai woman who studied her master's in the UK. She said a few UK people asked her about ladyboys and Thai prostitutes. She asked me if this is what UK people thought of Thailand. I told her that I couldn't speak on behalf of other people, but Thailand definitely has a reputation as a place where you can go and easily buy sex. She told me that it wasn't nice for people to talk about other countries like this. I agreed that it might not be nice, but you can't stop people from talking. You can't have your cake and eat in the real world. 

Rightly or wrongly, this story looks like Thailand's reputation preceding itself. 

And what a blow when 'Do you know who I am / my father is' exacts a response along the lines of 'Who gives a crap?'

14 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

These stories are alway a little short on details, did she have a booked return ticket, an itinerary/hotel booking, the contents of her bag was not tourist things etc. A history of visits etc ?

Wonder why she took the trip via Taiwan when the trip most likely will end in Pattaya anyway … ????

14 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Immigration's job is to keep the wrong sort of people out of the country. Given the foul tirade of abuse she came out with, you have to say they probably did their job quite well in this case.

If they let her in from the beginning then all those rants wouldn't have came out of her mouth... same goes with the Thai immigration in Don Meoung airport harassed me, my 16 year old daughter, her cousin and her grandma when we traveled to Thailand in 2014 with the US passports. Those idiots wanted to talk to my daughter alone and I told them that I want to know what is going on, they said I have to step away and I've told they can only do that over my dead body, my daughter was scared and I screamed at those goons at the top of my lungs. They brought us into the back room and I've told them that I want to call the US embassy to let them aware of my situation and they finally send another guy in and said that "we just wanted to make sure it's legit trip", I've told the guy that you guys are bullshit, you guys are nothing but being bully and it won't work on me. They finally let us through after about 90 minutes of bully. We went to Australia, Europe, Vietnam, Lao, Canada, Mexico, Singapore, Hongkong and never encounter any issue like Thailand. My family won't ever go to the "Fake land of the smile country again!", our next trip will be Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines!

5 hours ago, OneEyedPie said:

My family won't ever go to the "Fake land of the smile country again!", our next trip will be Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines!

Me too, im trying cambodia and the philippines next, im sick of thailand, leave it too the chinese and ruskies. rudest people in the world, last time i was there i got a message that a former work mate had died in a road accident back in australia, so i went to the bar on the cnr beach rd and soi9 for a quiet beer and think about the good times with my former friend. i just wanted to be alone and chill out i paid for a beer and sat down and one of the bar girls came over and wanted to sit down, i said no i didnt want anyone nicely, anyway when i finished the drink i went to buy another, they told no more to leave the bar, so i did couldnt be bothered arguing, so thats what thailand is coming too, i know its a bit from the subject of the post but its not the first time, i refused an offer of a massage when walking past one, i was very rudely verbally abused and spat at. i know others who have reported the same especially refusing the company of a bar girl.

I've seen a farang in Changi airport arguing as his Thai girlfriend was taken to a deportation room.

Presumably this happens all the time.

Why was that Thai girl flying to Taiwan? 

She must have botched an interview with an experienced officer and denied entry.

Taiwan has dozens of Isaan  mamasans in Busan.

Thai girls can make 100k b a month working Thai massage(prostitute).

Hia.....is pronounced  HeeA !  in Isaan-lao language.

Its extremely rude. It means F..off or f...you!  If you go to Pattaya you will hear bar girls saying it to drunk or obnoxious  farangs.

Why wish harm and and throw insults?

Many farangs work illegally, using false visa agents fake deposits, take sex-workers from redlight districts, most on ThaiVisa forum come to their defense immediately!

She isn't going to harm anybody 

On 5/8/2019 at 10:43 AM, darksidedog said:

Immigration's job is to keep the wrong sort of people out of the country. Given the foul tirade of abuse she came out with, you have to say they probably did their job quite well in this case.

I couldn't agree more and to be quite honest, given her knowledge of certain English words she used, I'd say they were quite right in assuming what they assumed, i.e. that she was not there for tourism purposes! 

Archived