BANGKOK 23 May 2019 02:27
webfact

Samui airport chief shoots himself dead

Very sad that he felt the self bullet was needed. There is no telling what the mental cause. Sometimes, the wrong mood, plus alcohol, plus whatever else, something snaps. RIP.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

I've never owned a gun even though I was raised around them. My father had a 30-06, 12 gauge and a 22 long rifle. I shot many a quail, dove and rabbit, never lucky enough to find a turkey or deer (Dad did). But I really wish I could have a 38 here in Thailand. You guys are right, this is a dangerous world. If I ever move back to Texas, I will have something for self defense.

Well if I could I wish I could have a Heckler & Koch MP7 together with a Barret M82 and that would take care of the flaming chickens and cows that seem to roam around.  However I digress from the OP subject matter and there are far to many guns in Thailand already.

hand gun at home and one in the car...you never know who comes to claim back the money they lend you and you thought was a thai gift

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/9/2019 at 12:33 PM, AgMech Cowboy said:

I've never owned a gun even though I was raised around them. My father had a 30-06, 12 gauge and a 22 long rifle. I shot many a quail, dove and rabbit, never lucky enough to find a turkey or deer (Dad did). But I really wish I could have a 38 here in Thailand. You guys are right, this is a dangerous world. If I ever move back to Texas, I will have something for self defense.

I seriously doubt if any harmless creatures want you to return to Texas. 555

On 5/8/2019 at 2:11 AM, sammieuk1 said:

Probably playing for money and lost🤔RIP

Gambling and debts always a possibility.  I fear it was more insidious and related to his job.  Maybe pressure to relax or not scrutinize certain cargo or things like that passing through the airport.  I would think such an official would have a reasonable salary under normal conditions