BANGKOK 22 May 2019 09:33
AAArdvark

Help, Where is the UPS Customs Office at CNX

I ordered something from Amazon for $6.98 plus shipping.  Today I got an email from someone with UPS Customs at the Airport.  I have to email a copy of my passport and then go there with the original.  The person I spoke to could not tell me where they are located.  I tried to explain that the airport was kind of large but she could not even tell me if they were in a separate building.  If this happens with every order, I will stop using Amazon.

Has anyone been there and can tell me where to start my search?

Just now, AAArdvark said:

I ordered something from Amazon for $6.98 plus shipping. 

I'd be more concerned with what they might spring on you when you get there.  

• Haha 1

Can't say if it's the UPS office but as you enter the airport with the terminals and parking on your right go beyond international and turn right into the next warehouse like building. The right hand office deals with customs duty and they will tell you where you need to pay.

8 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

Can't say if it's the UPS office but as you enter the airport with the terminals and parking on your right go beyond international and turn right into the next warehouse like building. The right hand office deals with customs duty and they will tell you where you need to pay.

I'll be walking.  I think I know the building that you are talking about.  Hopefully, there is a way to walk there.  Of course, how difficult would it have been for her to say something "Customs Building". 

The email that I got also said I had to go to a Thai customs office and register and pay ฿10 but she sort of backtracked when I said to just return the package.

Someone on here must have gone there before. 

44 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

The email that I got also said I had to go to a Thai customs office and register and pay ฿10 but she sort of backtracked when I said to just return the package.

I received a package from Australia and was told to pay 9,000baht duty and I also said 'return to sender' but was 'invited' upstairs where we eventually settled on 3,000. That was for something sent through the post office not courier and I was notified through the mail so maybe not the place you are looking for?

You're walking? I'd call UPS for specifics.

20 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

You're walking? I'd call UPS for specifics.

I did call USPS.  They could only say "at airport".

I am walking from the bus stop.

1 hour ago, OneEyedPie said:

I'd be more concerned with what they might spring on you when you get there.  

1 hour ago, AAArdvark said:

No sooner said than done.  Can't wait to hear the outcome of this one [not that I'm wishing you ill will, OP]. 

You said UPS first but if it was sent by USPS then it's likely the building I first mentioned.

47 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

You said UPS first but if it was sent by USPS then it's likely the building I first mentioned.

No, definitely UPS.  USPS was a typo.

Today, Thursday 9 May is Royal Ploughing Day, so the customs office at the airport might be closed.

To get there from the bus stop, start walking south, go past the airport and walk into the next driveway on your right.  There is a building there that handles freight (I think it has a sign for Thai Airlines freight service) and also customs.  

Take the notice you received with you, your passport and money.  If the package is addressed to two people, as in Mr. & Mrs, bring both passports.

Be prepared for discussion.  Remember that customs duty is charged not only on the value of the item, but also the cost of the freight.  And they add 7% VAT to the total.

In the future, try to have items shipped via the postal system.  UPS/FedEx/DHL all cooperate closely with Thai customs dept, while Thai Post seems to have their own customs clearing channel and we've had numerous shipments sail thru USPS/Thai Post without any duty charges, while there is always a problem with UPS/FedEX/DHL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If they want a lot of money, talk nicely, perhaps speak with the supervisor and you may get a discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Thanks everyone for trying to help but UPS is beyond help.  After spending all night on the phone with Amazon and UPS it has become a total CF.

It turns out that the office at the airport where they want me to swing by and show my passport, is not CNX but BKK.

To further complicate things, I ordered two different things.  One was a cell phone and the other was a special foot bandage.  I received two emails from UPS customs about them.  It turns out that the one with the cell phone on it had roughly the same price but was NOT mine.  It was a different model and going to someone in Phuket.  The other item, with a value of $6.28, is mine.

I was told today that unless I send them my passport the item will be "abandoned" by Thai customs.  Amazon will not help but they did give me a refund.  Now I have to see if there is a problem with the phone that is mine.  Below is the quoted text from UPS, in perfect English:

"I recivce your solution from my system , You said can not register paperless and Thai customs and can not send original passport to me for register at Suvarnabhum airport .

If you can’t process and can’t do anything , UPS can’t handle next step and you shipment will

abandon by Thai customs next time"

Interesting that UPS wants me to use the post office to send my passport which, of course, I would be crazy to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had serious problems with them. When I  moved here, I had a number of personal items shipped. Started getting email and calls about problems. Having to pay custom fees,300 baht a day storage, etc.

They stopped replying to m,y emails or returning phone calls. Did an internet search and got the contact information for President of UPS and sent a blistering email.

The next day I received a call from UPS Thailand manager. Had my package delivered the next day (no charges).

UPS uses a contractor in Thailand.

I suggest you send an email as far up the food chain in UPS and get them on this. Also, I would contact Amazon and let them know. Amazon is UPS customer and will get better results moving forward.

I will never use UPS in Thailand again.

PS I would never pay a bribe to get a delivery from a delivery company.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jeffkp said:

I've had serious problems with them. When I  moved here, I had a number of personal items shipped. Started getting email and calls about problems. Having to pay custom fees,300 baht a day storage, etc.

They stopped replying to m,y emails or returning phone calls. Did an internet search and got the contact information for President of UPS and sent a blistering email.

The next day I received a call from UPS Thailand manager. Had my package delivered the next day (no charges).

UPS uses a contractor in Thailand.

I suggest you send an email as far up the food chain in UPS and get them on this. Also, I would contact Amazon and let them know. Amazon is UPS customer and will get better results moving forward.

I will never use UPS in Thailand again.

PS I would never pay a bribe to get a delivery from a delivery company.

Thanks, that is what I'm doing now.  My item was from Amazon.  I have made several Amazon orders and they come from multiple shippers.  I don't know of a way to order from Amazon and choose the shipper.

On 5/9/2019 at 11:39 AM, AAArdvark said:

Thanks everyone for trying to help but UPS is beyond help.  After spending all night on the phone with Amazon and UPS it has become a total CF.

It turns out that the office at the airport where they want me to swing by and show my passport, is not CNX but BKK.

To further complicate things, I ordered two different things.  One was a cell phone and the other was a special foot bandage.  I received two emails from UPS customs about them.  It turns out that the one with the cell phone on it had roughly the same price but was NOT mine.  It was a different model and going to someone in Phuket.  The other item, with a value of $6.28, is mine.

I was told today that unless I send them my passport the item will be "abandoned" by Thai customs.  Amazon will not help but they did give me a refund.  Now I have to see if there is a problem with the phone that is mine.  Below is the quoted text from UPS, in perfect English:

"I recivce your solution from my system , You said can not register paperless and Thai customs and can not send original passport to me for register at Suvarnabhum airport .

If you can’t process and can’t do anything , UPS can’t handle next step and you shipment will

abandon by Thai customs next time"

Interesting that UPS wants me to use the post office to send my passport which, of course, I would be crazy to do.

I got the same mess today. I sent a scan of my passport first page to the email address at the bottom. Then the lady called me from the ups office and asked my name. I told her I just emailed her my passport and she said she will call me Monday. Can't wait.