Import tax on goods?

organicman

You will probably have to pay if you bought straight for a company. You have got a great chance of paying nothing if you have them shipped to a friend and then friend ships them to you. This works with usps from usa but i have no clue what the equivalent would be in australia. 

6 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

got drilled for $36.00 for a pair of $50.00 flip flops....

Vendor offered free shipping - then he sent it DHL....

All boils down to whether the customs officer had his leg over the night before and is in a good mood. Hit and miss. You pays yer money you take yer chance.  ????

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rally123 said:

All boils down to whether the customs officer had his leg over the night before and is in a good mood. Hit and miss. You pays yer money you take yer chance.  ????

My wife looked at it this way - well, at least you got it.....

She's got a point = the really prime stuff has not been making it through the past couple of years.....Somebody's been grabbing the good stuff...

Tracking shows reaching TH...But then it drops off the radar....

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 7:28 PM, CharlieH said:

Have you looked at the pinned topic at the top of the forum which includes calculators for duty ??

I don't see any pin topics on the General forum about it. How much would I have to pay ????

BTW, 2/4 of the links on 'Thai Laws & Regulations in English' thread don't work.

Edited by organicman

22 minutes ago, organicman said:

I don't see any pin topics on the General forum about it. How much would I have to pay ????

BTW, 2/4 of the links on 'Thai Laws & Regulations in English' thread don't work.

Thai laws etc has nothing to do with it !

Go here to the pinned topic.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1064881-thai-post-office-customs-information-2018/

Post #2 will give you calculators, post #3 will give you direct contact details for customer services.

On 5/8/2019 at 8:31 PM, utalkin2me said:

You will probably have to pay if you bought straight for a company. You have got a great chance of paying nothing if you have them shipped to a friend and then friend ships them to you. This works with usps from usa but i have no clue what the equivalent would be in australia. 

If I buy an Expresso made in Italy in USA that costs 40% more on Lazada have it shipped free to my friend in US and have the freind ship it to me by USPS tracking will I save the 40%. Thanks

On 5/8/2019 at 5:36 PM, organicman said:

I have some supplements being shipped over from Australia. Total cost is about $170AUD, will I have to pay import tax. I tried to Duckduckgo the answer but it's not very clear.

Afaik to import things like supplements you need an import license. So you don't have to worry about how much it costs, just if you will be able to receive it ????

If they check the package you will not receive it, because you don't have such an import license. If they don't check it you will get it without paying extra.

I refused a package that they wanted more than the value of the items while telling me they would give a break and only charge 20%. I guess I don't understand Thai math. The receipt was in the package and he still could work it out. Eighteen (18) months later got back to the sender.