Blacklist or ban?

14 hours ago, Caldera said:

"After some new arrivals on the street I was subject to abuse and minor assaults for 3 months."

Out of curiosity, where is that infamous street located? Were these new arrivals fellow expats or Thais? It sounds like a pretty rough neighborhood, not like anything I've ever encountered myself in Thailand.

When I first came to Bangkok about 14 years ago, my local business partner advices that I should not look for a cheap apartment to lived in. Cheap apartment have all kinds of weird people living there and very high chances you will face problems with these people. Anything above 15,000 baht per month is OK.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

gf insists it says banned and not suspended, but she's a bit stupid so you may well be right.

Back to the OP, can't imagine immigration admitting someone who's admitted arson into the country again, ever.

I certainly wouldn't.

If you insist on trying, I would suggest ............

Get a new passport, have a holiday in Cambodia, see if they'll let you in at a Thai land border.

Please be fair. Just say not so well educated, instead of calling her a bit stupid. IMO, they have to go through a brainwashing process that already starts at Anuban.

It's the system's fault that so many people know so little about nothing. Pardon me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After some new arrivals on the street I was subject to abuse and minor assaults for 3 months.  This  culminated in an unprovoked assault, while cleaning a table top on my verandah.  The police were called and I was arrested.

If I read between the lines, I see a very aggressive, ignorant and arrogant foreigner who must have done something very strange to end up in a cell.

What really happened that it " culminated in an "unprovoked"? assault, while you were cleaning the table on your verandah that ended in an immediate arrest, leaves space for many speculations.

How long did the other person have to stay in the hospital? You wouldn't get so much prison time and deportation for a verbal assault, would you? 

Edited by Isaanbiker
Added a word

19 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Possibly, a single manipulative individual might have achieved it with either misinformation

Actually, I had not thought about it before but did break up with my GF not long before this all started and she could be malevolent.  I would also not be surprised if there had been a bung to the ‘federales’.  Got me thinking anyway.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jeffreybangkok said:

When I first came to Bangkok about 14 years ago, my local business partner advices that I should not look for a cheap apartment to lived in. Cheap apartment have all kinds of weird people living there and very high chances you will face problems with these people. Anything above 15,000 baht per month is OK.

That's like saying only very expensive cars are good cars. Many richer people in Bangkok and other cities have very strange kids who tend to be very aggressive. 

And the "wannabe high so community" isn't always well behaved as we all know. 

• Like 2

I agree with u but me and my other expat friends did not have any problem for the past 14 yrs in Bangkok. The risk is higher living in the cheap neighbourhood.

That's like saying only very expensive cars are good cars. Many richer people in Bangkok and other cities have very strange kids who tend to be very aggressive. 

And the "wannabe high so community" isn't always well behaved as we all know. 

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OneEyedPie said:

You already informed us that your property was ransacked.  Your neighbouring Thais who streamed into your property would have taken the lot as even the most basic of items will hold a value to them.  

Still not buying it, sorry. 

And the part where the police took a pair of shoes and a belt from him and didn't return it makes it to a unbelievable story. 

3 minutes ago, jeffreybangkok said:

I agree with u but me and my other expat friends did not have any problem for the past 14 yrs in Bangkok. The risk is higher living in the cheap neighbourhood.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Of course, you're right. But who'd live in an area where only drug addicts and thieves hang around? My wife's brother used to live in such a great neighborhood in Bangkok. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jeffreybangkok said:

A good point.  The houses were inexpensive to rent as a new build out of town when I arrived and attracted young working couples who were quiet and pleasant.  When they moved out, though, some of the houses were rented by people who brought many family members and filled their car spaces with junk.  They often had their electricity supplies disconnected and moved out within a few months.  They also drank a lot and were loud.  However, no one bothered me and I did not bother them.  

• Like 1

And the part where the police took a pair of shoes and a belt from him and didn't return it makes it to a unbelievable story. 
For Information only when I was transferred to royal Thai police Bangkok, before I was put in the cell my Armani belt and shoes were never seen again. ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

... and the OP wasn’t allowed to pick up his phone and wallet by the police and then the Thai neighbours stream into his house to ransack it but the OP has an overwhelming desire to return to LOS to pick up his belongings. What belongings?

Troll. Nice try, though.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Shoes and belts are removed before you enter a cell.  In my case, they would not let me have them back to go to court and I was then taken to prison.  I was returned to the same police station some months later but the shoes (expensive Timberlands) and belt had gone walkabout as expected

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OneEyedPie said:

... and the OP wasn’t allowed to pick up his phone and wallet by the police and then the Thai neighbours stream into his house to ransack it but the OP has an overwhelming desire to return to LOS to pick up his belongings. What belongings?

Troll. Nice try, though.

I rented an unfurnished house so had a complete inventory of furniture, fixtures and fittings plus all household appliances, accoutrements and accessories required to establish a home.  

Shoes and belts are removed before you enter a cell.  In my case, they would not let me have them back to go to court and I was then taken to prison.  I was returned to the same police station some months later but the shoes (expensive Timberlands) and belt had gone walkabout as expected

It’s fair to say you were quite rightly incarcerated, sentenced and banned from LOS. You were also deemed a danger to Thai society.

You have no intention of returning to LOS to reclaim your possessions as, by your own admission, there’s nothing to claim.

I have absolutely no doubt you request advice in the hope that you can sneak in the backdoor and cause further trouble.

You are most definitely a dangerous individual.

I was taken to ratchada court Imprisoned in klong prem building 1, bail 100.00 bhat shoes gone belt gone hair gone , not bad for 3 days.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Encore said:

Thai residential neighbourhood in Prachuap Khiri Khan.  It appeared that one neighbour encouraged another and then others joined in for the ‘fun’.  Prior to that, I led a fairly quiet routine and uneventful life apart from visiting friends around Thailand a few times a year.

You visited friends around Thailand, but what about friends who've been visiting you? I'd assume that most people in such a situation would want a friend or somebody they know and trust to witness such "events," just in case that it escalates, which it did.

I do not understand why they'd all in a sudden start to attack you for no reason besides being a foreigner? What did you do to them that they hate(d) you so much?

I haven't yet heard a similar story in 17 years of living here, and I've lived near Prachuap for quite a while.

They don't just start such things, what did you do that upset them so much? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OneEyedPie said:

It’s all coming back to you now, OP? How convenient. 

I would expect this to have been considered when you were arrested and subsequently in the IDC and the long deportation flight back to the UK.  

100% troll thread.

I wouldn't say troll post, it's a dishonest post of a dishonest guy. 

• Like 1

Encore, if I were in your non Timberland shoes, and not wanting to pay a lawyer, I would arm myself with pen paper, photocopies of passport stamp, and I would write to every office, immigration, thai embassy I could think of, with 2 questions "can I return straight away? can I return in 2 yrs time?". 

It has a low cost, you never know. 

I,m sorry you lost all your belongings, thats hard. I would be lost,  documents, bank pins, telephone numbers. What country are you from? Are you with family now?

If you can arrange with your landlord the shipment of your belongings you will feel abit better. 

Personally I think I would definitely not return within the 2 years, could be a huge risk.

Good luck

I wouldn't say troll post, it's a dishonest post of a dishonest guy. 

It’s fair to say you were quite rightly incarcerated, sentenced and banned from LOS. You were also deemed a danger to Thai society.

You have no intention of returning to LOS to reclaim your possessions as, by your own admission, there’s nothing to claim.

I have absolutely no doubt you request advice in the hope that you can sneak in the backdoor and cause further trouble.

You are most definitely a dangerous individual.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneEyedPie said:

Troll. Nice try, though.

Yep, and he seemed to leave the doors and windows open for the friendly neighbors, ate poisoned food from a guy who threw big flower pots at him the next day, but then the cops believed that he started it, not the neighbor and arrested him?

That sounds like a story written by Edgar Allan Poe on an overdose of LSD. 

Wouldn't the described situation be totally in favor of the OP? And they'd have had a word with the neighbor instead. 

Wouldn't the destroyed flowers and pots then be at the neighbor, not at the OP's house? And the coppers would have known who threw what to whom.

But apparently, the OP has his own story. And plenty of things to hide. Either he burned down a house (es), or he put somebody into a hospital for a more extended period. I get it. 

1 hour ago, bigginhill said:

Encore, if I were in your non Timberland shoes, and not wanting to pay a lawyer, I would arm myself with pen paper, photocopies of passport stamp, and I would write to every office, immigration, thai embassy I could think of, with 2 questions "can I return straight away? can I return in 2 yrs time?". 

It has a low cost, you never know. 

I,m sorry you lost all your belongings, thats hard. I would be lost,  documents, bank pins, telephone numbers. What country are you from? Are you with family now?

If you can arrange with your landlord the shipment of your belongings you will feel abit better. 

Personally I think I would definitely not return within the 2 years, could be a huge risk.

Good luck

Thank you for your understanding and comments.

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
8 hours ago, Encore said:
Thank you

If i was the Op i would give up on Thailand, if you did go back the bad memories would come back. Maybe choose Philippines instead, many people moving there it seems

Thanks for your input.  My life was in Thailand and that remains my preference if possible.  If not, then the  Philippines is an option that is familiar to me as I lived there for a while but did not feel as comfortable as in Thailand.  I have also been considering Cambodia but have no first hand knowledge.  

7 hours ago, BritTim said:

In fairness to the OP, blackmail by the police, threatening a much more severe sentence if you do not plead guilty is pretty routine in Thailand.

Also common in the UK and USA, nothing different here.

• Haha 1

On 5/9/2019 at 6:53 AM, BritManToo said:

gf insists it says banned and not suspended, but she's a bit stupid so you may well be right.

Apologised to gf, as it seems most are now agreeing she was right and it's a 2 year ban.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/9/2019 at 5:53 AM, Encore said:

Good day,

I would appreciate any advice or suggestions from forum members.

I lived in Thailand for 5 years on a 1 year renewable O-A visa.  After some new arrivals on the street I was subject to abuse and minor assaults for 3 months.  This  culminated in an unprovoked assault, while cleaning a table top on my verandah.  The police were called and I was arrested.  After some months in prison, I was convinced to plead guilty, to a (contrived) attempted arson charge, being told there could be no defence against the police report.  

I received a 2 year suspended sentence and told I was free but, on leaving prison, I was detained by police and sent to a regional IDC and then IDC BKK before being deported.  I was not told or given anything relating to my deportation, other than a stamp in my passport (copy attached).

I would like to return to Thailand to reclaim my belongings which are, apparently, being held by the landlord.  

I have contacted lawyers but, so far, they have been unwilling to assist.  

Can any forum members please advise:
- am I banned or I ‘blacklisted’ from entering Thailand?
- is there any period before I can apply to re-enter Thailand?
- is there any procedure or appeal process to mitigate this issue to allow me to return to Thailand?

Thank you for any useful suggestions.

In all of my almost 5 decades in Thailand- I have never encountered or heard of someone being  attacked by neighbors for what is described.  The OP indicated that he did nothing to provoke any type of confrontation

At any time before the police coming did you have any  verbal disagreement with anyone in the vicinity of your residence?

Are you saying that there was never any confrontation between you and anyone else and Thai neighbors moved onto your street and then physically attacked you - they said nothing-just assaulted.

Regarding the police- if you committed no crime why did you confess to the crime/  did you not seek a lawyer at the time?  Did you not have an interview with the Thai Prosecutor?

Thai people do not just out of the blue walk up and assault anyone (unless  during a robbery) They avoid confrontation unless provoked. Even when they are drunk- if you ignore them they will ignore you- not jump up and  look for a fight.

The reason so many people are skeptical is that those of us who have long time in Thailand; have daily encounters with Thai people; not only have never experienced such a happening- have never heard of it.

Why would someone-anyone  call the police- then the police agree to  make up a non existent charge and then force you to admit the charge?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For all the nay sayers, I put my case as accurately and honestly as I could but am content that it may be outside your experience or understanding (as it was mine!).  I was deported to the UK and encountered more issues here.  Apart from a bit of reverse culture shock, and the weather, the main issue was that my nominated Power of Attorney was abused and my bank accounts emptied of all my life savings and pension income, maxing the overdrafts and leaving me in debt.  I have no residence in the UK and am now a homeless vagrant trying to recover my money but I do not expect some of the members to believe that either!     

That is not the point of my post, however, and I just wanted to give an update with the results of my blacklist check.  To put this into perspective, I used to work for a multi-national company that had manufacturing sub-contractors in Thailand and I held a ME Business Visa to visit Thailand many times a year but did not need a work permit as I came for meetings.  I resigned from the company in 2013 and then obtained an O-A Retirement Visa.  I never worked in Thailand and lived on my UK pension by transferring lump sums twice a year whilst always keeping a minimum of THB 800k in a separate bank account.  I left Thailand to visit UK twice in 2014 for 23 and 8 days and then 5 times in 2015 for 5, 3, 12, 16 and 8 day visits.  Visits were in relation to selling my UK property and for my Thai GF to visit my family.  I did not leave Thailand again until I was deported 3 years later.

I requested an Immigration status check which has just come back seemingly stating that I was deported for multiple entries into Thailand over a 1 year period for the purpose of illegal working (without a work permit) and was, therefore, blacklisted for 15 years! 

[Name in Thai] (Name in English) สัญชาติอังกฤษ (UK) หมายเลขพาสปอร์ต [Passport Number] ถูกผลักดันให้เดินทางออกจากราชอาณาจักรฯวันที่ตรวจสอบพบข้อมูลแบล็คลิสต์ข้อหาทำงานโดยไม่มีใบอนุญาติถึง 24/01/2034 ด้วยความเคารพ

A complete fabrication and no mention of my original charge, suspended sentence or persona non grata under 12.7!  Would appreciate comments and, this time, am fully prepared for the trolls.