Video: Caught in the act! Foreigners stealing Thai jobs on Samui say operators

webfact

11 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Yes, you expect the peasant wages that Bangkok taxi's are forced to charge, never mind that it keeps them so poor they have to sleep on the street, it keeps the Bangkokians in cheap taxi fares, and that is all you expect.

Charges that are applied and (allegedly) enforced to prevent what exactly...?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Yes, you expect the peasant wages that Bangkok taxi's are forced to charge, never mind that it keeps them so poor they have to sleep on the street, it keeps the Bangkokians in cheap taxi fares, and that is all you expect.

I expect to not get scammed, it's that simple.

I wouldn't mind if they charge 5x of what they do now, as long as everyone pays the same. There are laws that is governing the taxis, if they don't want to accept them they can work another job. 

Are you ok with 7 11 workers stealing from your wallet too?? Or is it just an exception because Taxis are accepted as scammers so it's ok for them?

Thai logic i guess. Ok to rippoff foreigners but if you rippoff a thai it's a nogo lol.

17 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

I expect to not get scammed, it's that simple.

I wouldn't mind if they charge 5x of what they do now, as long as everyone pays the same. There are laws that is governing the taxis, if they don't want to accept them they can work another job. 

Are you ok with 7 11 workers stealing from your wallet too?? Or is it just an exception because Taxis are accepted as scammers so it's ok for them?

Thai logic i guess. Ok to rippoff foreigners but if you rippoff a thai it's a nogo lol.

Oh, your support of the ruling classes poverty wages is about equality, got it, but not equality for those in service to you, only equality for youself compared to another monied user of the service, what strong morals you have.

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

Oh, your support of the ruling classes poverty wages is about quality, got it, but not equality for those in service to you, only equality for youself compared to another monied user of the service, what strong morals you have.

Not sure what kind of brain fart you are on about, i hate scammers and criminals - like most people. Every hard working thai is tired of these scammers ruining it for honest thais.

Talking about morals while protecting criminals, what an absolute joke. You are a big part of the problem here.

18 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Maybe thats because thai taxi's on the island charge 500 baht for a 5 minute drive 

But why take a taxi for a five minute drive? Just walk it and you will be healthier too.

But why take a taxi for a five minute drive? Just walk it and you will be healthier too.
Yeah after 18 hours of flights from europe to samui with full luggage tourists will love to walk in 40 celsius, especially the elder onesm

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Their are a funny lot. It's OK for Thais to go abroad and work in massage and restaurants illegally. Like the little ghosts in Korea  And take jobs away from the locals.  Thais have double standards love to diddle the tourist but hate when it happens to them. 

These farangs are probably friends of  the local Russian mafia.  Anyway????? 

Give Natthadanai Himthong and his cronies machine guns so he can mow down all those bad aliens.

Alternatively keep up the good work Natthadanai and learn English, keep appointments, be considerate and forthcoming and you and your so-terribly-harmed-fellow-countrymen will 
have work! 

57 minutes ago, maddox41 said:

Their are a funny lot. It's OK for Thais to go abroad and work in massage and restaurants illegally. Like the little ghosts in Korea  And take jobs away from the locals.  Thais have double standards love to diddle the tourist but hate when it happens to them. 

These farangs are probably friends of  the local Russian mafia.  Anyway????? 

Well, if a Thai is offering Thai cooking skills, or Thai massage skills then I would say she is infinitely more authentic and qualified than a Korean pretending to be a Thai...

Also, it may serve everyone well to remember who the suspected criminal is here - maybe the Thai taxi driver is ripping people off, but that is not against the law. He states his rate and you choose to accept or not. On Samui taxis are expensive, but they are not criminals. To top it off, the driver himself is not the real culprit - he most likely does not own the cab and is forced to pay exorbitant 'rental' every day, whether he makes anything or not.

The Frenchman, on the other hand, well if you really believe he is transporting 'friends' then you are really gullible and most likely you have been ripped off many times too.

There are so many experts here who have most likely never visited Samui, well no need to change that - know-it-alls are definitely not welcome... ????

1 hour ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Yeah after 18 hours of flights from europe to samui with full luggage tourists will love to walk in 40 celsius, especially the elder onesm

OK sorry. My mistake. Only tourists with full luggage who just arrive take these taxis.

1 hour ago, ParadiseLost said:

Well, if a Thai is offering Thai cooking skills, or Thai massage skills then I would say she is infinitely more authentic and qualified than a Korean pretending to be a Thai...

Also, it may serve everyone well to remember who the suspected criminal is here - maybe the Thai taxi driver is ripping people off, but that is not against the law. He states his rate and you choose to accept or not. On Samui taxis are expensive, but they are not criminals. To top it off, the driver himself is not the real culprit - he most likely does not own the cab and is forced to pay exorbitant 'rental' every day, whether he makes anything or not.

The Frenchman, on the other hand, well if you really believe he is transporting 'friends' then you are really gullible and most likely you have been ripped off many times too.

There are so many experts here who have most likely never visited Samui, well no need to change that - know-it-alls are definitely not welcome... ????

Of course they are criminals and what they do is illegal, you must be living in your own world.

http://thailaws.com/law/t_laws/tlaw0140_5.pdf 

Section 93 onwards ????‍♂️

8 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Not sure what kind of brain fart you are on about, i hate scammers and criminals - like most people. Every hard working thai is tired of these scammers ruining it for honest thais.

Talking about morals while protecting criminals, what an absolute joke. You are a big part of the problem here.

Actually its you, you are the problem if you think you deserve to only pay poverty wages just because that is what some out of touch policy makers decided was good enough for them. 

And stop pretending that a taxi driver asking for a higher fare is either a scam or a criminal, its up to you if you use their service or not.  Protecting criminals?  Just how shelteted has your little life been so far?  The criminals are the policy makers not the taxi drivers who cant afford to feed their families on the fares they stipulate.

How about helping lift people from poverty instead of throwing your toys out your pram because a taxi driver asks you for a few dollars?

Its high time the taxi drivers went on strike, entitled sorts wont like it, but most Thai's will support it, most are appalled by the low wages and always tip, but some greedy foreigners, they play victim, an absolutely pathetic level of entitlement.

44 minutes ago, ravip said:

OK sorry. My mistake. Only tourists with full luggage who just arrive take these taxis.

Almost never, most hotels offer free pickup from the airport, the ferries offer a door to door ticket for 100 baht extra, its very rare you see baggage laden tourists taking taxi's, the high fares happen at night when tourists need a taxi home, same rhe world over.

Actually its you, you are the problem if you think you deserve to only pay poverty wages just because that is what some out of touch policy makers decided was good enough for them. 

And stop pretending that a taxi driver asking for a higher fare is either a scam or a criminal, its up to you if you use their service or not.  Protecting criminals?  Just how shelteted has your little life been so far?  The criminals are the policy makers not the taxi drivers who cant afford to feed their families on the fares they stipulate.

How about helping lift people from poverty instead of throwing your toys out your pram because a taxi driver asks you for a few dollars?

Its high time the taxi drivers went on strike, entitled sorts wont like it, but most Thai's will support it, most are appalled by the low wages and always tip, but some greedy foreigners, they play victim, an absolutely pathetic level of entitlement.
I always tip lol

I just don't tip scammers that exploit people at night who have no other way to find home.

If you want to help than donate money to schools and kindergartens.

Or give them work that pays well enough for their living.

I hope you also tip the 7 11 and family mart cashiers, those are the ones who work 10 hours a say for 300 baht.

Those taxi mafia scammers are the reason other honest thais there can't survive because people are not coming anymore - but that concept is too hard for you to grasp.

57 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

I always tip lol

I just don't tip scammers that exploit people at night who have no other way to find home.

If you want to help than donate money to schools and kindergartens.

Or give them work that pays well enough for their living.

I hope you also tip the 7 11 and family mart cashiers, those are the ones who work 10 hours a say for 300 baht.

Those taxi mafia scammers are the reason other honest thais there can't survive because people are not coming anymore - but that concept is too hard for you to grasp.

You want me to "grasp" your little fantasy that its taxi's putting off tourists?  Do you also want me to ignore the likes of the airport monopoly prices and the weakening of the Yuan against the Baht?  Sure, its the taxi driver they havent even met yet, you know exactly what you're talking about.

Yeah i do.

Multiple people here in the thread complained about the ripoff prices from bangkok to samui and the taxi scams.

You can ignore the market and out a fonfer in your ears, but the market won't ignore it.

Koh chang and co are getting fuller each year because people go their instead.

And spare us the we never went their bs and we never met the taxis there, like phuket pretty much every expat visited those islands once and never went again.

On 5/9/2019 at 9:07 AM, Happy Grumpy said:

Perhaps the Thais could improve their services. Offer a better, safer, more efficient customer-satisfaction based service, and put them out of business that way.

Yes, good point,however not sure if such a process would work in this here de-mock-racy.

On 5/9/2019 at 4:46 AM, PatOngo said:

….and I thought the story would be about foreigners cleaning up the local beaches.....they don't seem to complain when that happens!

The complete Tosh they purport to be real on this site is laughable to say the least. The bloke delling out the change does not look too me to be any kind of Tout. All of you supposed intelligent retirees must be hitting the fuddy-duddy part of old age. Given that, not so many stand back and think what a load of tripe.

Ok had my moan ........

53 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Perhaps if the Thais obeyed the law (LIKE IT OR NOT) there would be no problem and it would be what it is supposed to be - a holiday destination and not a haven for scavengers.

Wow, I see what you did there. School must be out already?

If you are happy to come across as just another loser who thinks it is okay to subvert the law to make money then you are no better than a common criminal and most likely can't make it in your own country, or are already on the run.

You certainly appear to be a narcissist with a swollen ego, and as such hardly worth wasting my time writing this...

Add to ignore list is the better option.

On 5/9/2019 at 8:46 AM, PatOngo said:

….and I thought the story would be about foreigners cleaning up the local beaches.....they don't seem to complain when that happens!

That's because Thai folks don't consider beach cleaning a job. 

Take that any way you'd like to. 

No one scammed, beaten, raped or murdered in the back of that truck. Missed opportunity?

Sorry, couldn't help myself with unrelenting news from neighboring islands and Samui legend for scams and overpricing.

I've only been to Samui twice, overnight. One in transit, the other 25 years ago. Far better options in the Andaman if you can forgo the need for luxury and western food.

Archived