Toothless junta! Speedboats openly flouting law in Pattaya and officials do nothing

webfact

9 hours ago, webfact said:

They posed the question: There was an initial effect when changes were promised - so why has the situation now deteriorated to being just as bad as before

Meaby because the junta can't be everywhere all time and police know that so now the make good money 

just waiting for the next major marine / tourist boat disaster to scare aware the tourists again !!  Unfortunately nothing is "pro-active"here and it will take a marine disaster plus filthy polluted beaches to ensure tourists go elsewhere and only then will there be some head scratching wondering why there are no tourists and no money coming in !!   Ought to show filthy Pattaya beach video on Chinese television !!  that would do the trick !!

And when these speedboats land returning their passengers to Pattaya, you can openly see trash being dumped out of the boats along with them. Then they go get their photos made from a Styrofoam food tray and cling film, which probably ends up in the sea later. 

16 hours ago, champers said:

Bali Hai pier cannot cope with the number of boats, busses and tourists.

The boat operators took a stand, deciding to run their businesses how they want to, instead if how an unelected, appointed body of officials told them to. Good for them.

Pattaya city has a business to operate,we all  get that,,,but , IMHO our new beach was built to increase ease and speed to load and off load tour groups,and some estetics in mind... and it serves its purpose..Bali can never handle this volume...how ever...the main problem is the ''quality and volume of buses'' used to shuttle the Chinese and indian budget tourists....the mornings are unbearable ,the exhaust from diesel belching buses has ruined this area,.....this problem such an easy fix.....allow only new smaller well maintained buses( better yet electric) on beach rd,train the drivers not speed ,drive with courtesy and obey the crosswalks,then start on the boat operators and tour group herders ,who are the real cause of congestion NOT THE CHINESE...

9 minutes ago, mok199 said:

this new beach was built to increase ease and speed to load and off load tour groups,and some estetics in mind... and it serves its purpose..Bali can never handle this volume...how ever...the main problem is the ''quality and volume of buses'' used to shuttle the Chinese and indian budget tourists....the mornings are unbearable ,the exhaust from diesel belching buses has ruined this area,.....this problem such an easy fix.....allow only new smaller well maintained buses( better yet electric) on beach rd...THIS IS A BEACH NOT A FREEWAY

Whether the boats are at Bali Hai or the beach, busses would still have to use Beach Road. The main parking place is off Beach Road between Soi 6 and Klang.

25 minutes ago, champers said:

Whether the boats are at Bali Hai or the beach, busses would still have to use Beach Road. The main parking place is off Beach Road between Soi 6 and Klang.

Correct,with some buses still parking on side streets and some parking in the lot behind Big c......all we need is a better quality bus and efficient utilization of buses on beach rd ,but this would take an effort...,every morning we have over 10 traffic police posted along beach rd  ,most are eating ,socializing and looking at their phones.soi1, now so busy with foot traffic ,is out of control with thai scooters ,speeding and driving the wrong way..as though its a game to weave in and out of Chinese and Indians walking to their hotels....it is insanity......so we are back to square 1....lack of respect ...and the cycle of beach abuse continues...

Correct,with some buses still parking on side streets and some parking in the lot behind Big c......all we need is a better quality bus and efficient utilization of buses on beach rd ,but this would take an effort...,every morning we have over 10 traffic police posted along beach rd  ,most are eating ,socializing and looking at their phones.soi1, now so busy with foot traffic ,is out of control with thai scooters ,speeding and driving the wrong way..as though its a game to weave in and out of Chinese and Indians walking to their hotels....it is insanity......so we are back to square 1....lack of respect ...and the cycle of beach abuse continues...

Thai tourist resorts are no longer for the 4-5 star traveler of seasoned world traveler that seeks organization, decent infrastructure, and a government that takes care of their environment. Pattaya, Phuket, Krabi, and other tourists sites in Thailand are now for the cheap budget traveler that doesn’t mind bus traffic jams, pollution, or crumbling infrastructure. 20...30...40 years ago Thailand certainly had a different clientele of tourists. Unfortunately it now has gone down hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

22 hours ago, champers said:

Bali Hai pier cannot cope with the number of boats, busses and tourists

I honestly don't understand the reason for the interest in Pattaya for ANY tourist from ANY country. I really don't.

It's a mess of a city with dirty beaches and the sea water quality is a notch above a sewer.

I also don't understand the interest of thousands of Chinese flocking an average tiny island of Koh Lan every freaking day for the last 10 freaking years.

I,I,I...I just don't get it! I am about to give up on humankind ????

The photo is the epitome of absolute madness

2pm.jpg.ef219029cc829d456b1fe34c04cf0e92.jpg

I honestly don't understand the reason for the interest in Pattaya for ANY tourist from ANY country. I really don't.
It's a mess of a city with dirty beaches and the sea water quality is a notch above a sewer.
I also don't understand the interest of thousands of Chinese flocking an average tiny island of Koh Lan every freaking day for the last 10 freaking years.
I,I,I...I just don't get it! I am about to give up on humankind [emoji846]

2pm.jpg.ef219029cc829d456b1fe34c04cf0e92.jpg.74faeda16ce7462fc915f122cc4ff57e.jpg

Between the noise of rumbling, screeching speed boat motors and the shouting Chinese (I understand they cannot help it) along with the parade of pestering vendors, Pattaya Beach is not for resting.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 5/8/2019 at 11:41 PM, toenail said:

....and I bet the “city officials” ( appointed by the junta) have never walked early morning ( 8am) or anytime during the day to observe the masses of polluting buses and speed boats or the debris laying around. These fat cats never have walked on Pattaya sidewalks that are like an obstacle course full of holes, construction debris, sleeping soi dogs, illegal vendor stands, missing cement tiles.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

How can they, they live a hundred miles away! Too many tourist there for them to consider actually being there. 

On 5/9/2019 at 2:44 AM, Thailand said:

Hardly fair to criticize the Junta, they have their hands full fixing the elections and solving the killer smog problem in the north.

They fixed the former, but couldn't cope with the latter.

On 5/10/2019 at 3:04 PM, pattayadude said:

I,I,I...I just don't get it! I am about to give up on humankind ????

2pm.jpg.ef219029cc829d456b1fe34c04cf0e92.jpg

Cattle feed wherever food is available. Lots of cattle in the photo.

Archived