Latest gambling arrests: Claw crane toy games subject to instant crackdown: 2 arrests so far

webfact

Just now, Emdog said:

It's a gamble with my life every time I cross second road. Correction: I could also get run over on the sidewalk. Will police arrest me next?

Only if we can place side bets on the chances of you actually making it across the road...

I can see us making a fortune on this at the local TAB.

19 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I remember a few years ago, the government at the time defended the lottery (being a cash cow), saying it was not gambling, but 'a game of chance', therefore legal.

Incredible, that’s a definition of the word ‘gambling’, beggars belief.

These have been around a long time in the shopping centres and the police know. The police take a monthly bribe to allow the machines to operate and bypass the ever watchful karma eye of Lord Buddha as we all know gambling is highly illegal and no Buddhist would ever do it. Someone must have skipped a payment or refused to pay an increased amount of extortion money.

8 minutes ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

These have been around a long time in the shopping centres and the police know. The police take a monthly bribe to allow the machines to operate and bypass the ever watchful karma eye of Lord Buddha as we all know gambling is highly illegal and no Buddhist would ever do it. Someone must have skipped a payment or refused to pay an increased amount of extortion money.

That gets posted in nearly every thread , the usual words are "brown envelope" though

10 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

First, they rushed to the scene; now, they swoop. Is there no stopping the boys in tight brown?

...... then they tried to whisk it away. Only to realise they couldn't lift the damn thing off the ground!

On 5/9/2019 at 4:36 AM, edgarfriendly said:

my kids have really enjoyed pulling shitty little bears and such from these games of relative skill.

hardly surprising someone has felt the need to complain they didnt win or some other nonsense.

wait until cp/mcd/chang 'invent' the same thing but to win beers/cigarettes/toxic snacks.

licences for all!!!!

In Burntisland when I was a lad there were claw machines that had 20 fags as prizes.

• 1 month later...

You had the same problems as we, Australians.  It's so easy obsessed with the game, and eventually lose everything, including yourself. Unregulated gambling needs to be brought under control, and this is a precondition for the sustainable development of the entire country. We're writing about this here: https://thedailyweeklyblog.com/key-facts-about-gambling-in-australia/

Archived