Filthy dirty Pattaya beach - tourists blamed for the mess

webfact

Thai blame foreigners for everything anyway, so this is really nothing new. I remember a couple if years ago there were lice or some other such vermin found in Thai trains and the boss of the Thai train company - and he was 100% serious about it - told the press that it had to have been foreigners, because everybody knew that Thai people are very clean. True story. And there are many more such examples.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Thai blame foreigners for everything anyway, so this is really nothing new. I remember a couple if years ago there were lice or some other such vermin found in Thai trains and the boss of the Thai train company - and he was 100% serious about it - told the press that it had to have been foreigners, because everybody knew that Thai people are very clean. True story. And there are many more such examples.

The only thing that Thais don't blame foreigners for is stupidity , because crass stupidity is the norm with Thais, so for foreigners appearing to act like complete stupid morons would go unnoticeable to a Thai as they would consider it normal practice.????

2 hours ago, PatOngo said:

A total ban on tourists (and families) to the world class resort is in order. No Tourists...No Mess! Close Pattaya for 2 years like they did at Maya Bay in Phuket, that will solve the problem. As a matter of fact, why not shut all of Thailand off to tourists, make it the pristine clean country they try SO hard to achieve. Damn tourists!

But if you listen so some of the delusional apologists on these boards Pattaya has stellar air quality and crystal clear waters to bathe in safely at all hours:)

Any time there is a Thai holiday there is litter piled deep on all beaches and where do you think that may possibly come from?

4 minutes ago, yankee99 said:

I wonder if the city ever thought of putting garbage cans out so people would have a place to throw their garbage 

Garbage cans would acknowledge a problem that is not dealt with which means loss of face so no cans no worry....

Could it be that the garbage is tourists ... but black water ??? I am sure to dump out of restaurants, resorts and other businesses near the beach!

However, welcome to the first-class family resort!

33 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

There's also a general who claimed that all theft and scamming is done by foreigners against Thai...Thai people would never do such thing.

Like most Westerners, I've been brought up to take my rubbish home from the beach or to the nearest rubbish bin. I do that without even thinking, it's second nature. The natives here throw things wherever they like, that is their second nature. I was driving behind an elderly Thai couple driving a bike the other day, the woman on the back finished drinking something and then tossed it into the bush on the side. I wondered to myself there and then, do they think about what they are doing, or is it an automatic response. Do they wonder who if anybody will pick that up? 
We have also had a few wild fires here in recent weeks, and that has exposed just how much trash is in the side bushes. Thailand is a beautiful country, totally littered by mainly Thai people 

1 minute ago, MellowYellow101 said:

Like most Westerners, I've been brought up to take my rubbish home from the beach or to the nearest rubbish bin. I do that without even thinking, it's second nature. The natives here throw things wherever they like, that is their second nature. I was driving behind an elderly Thai couple driving a bike the other day, the woman on the back finished drinking something and then tossed it into the bush on the side. I wondered to myself there and then, do they think about what they are doing, or is it an automatic response. Do they wonder who if anybody will pick that up? 
We have also had a few wild fires here in recent weeks, and that has exposed just how much trash is in the side bushes. Thailand is a beautiful country, totally littered by mainly Thai people 

I agree, Thailand is lovely country just spoiled by some Thai people. For what its worth I used to say the same about France, lovely country just spoilt by the French

I find these comments entirely disingenuous and irritating. You will not find a single tourist arriving at the airport with a suitcase full of empty bottles and wrappers to dispose of in Thailand. Nor do they bring rubble and old spirit houses to dump in the Jomtiem streets. 

3 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Thais don't pick up rubbish to keep their own country clean. Just blame the hand that feeds you!

Sorry to say, but there are big green bins for garbage everywhere on Beach Road, and it's the tourists that don't use them. Especially not for beer bottles. Since it's usually Farangs that drink beer on Pattaya Beach, I would suggest that it's mostly Farangs that permanently litter. 

1 minute ago, micmichd said:

Sorry to say, but there are big green bins for garbage everywhere on Beach Road, and it's the tourists that don't use them. Especially not for beer bottles. Since it's usually Farangs that drink beer on Pattaya Beach, I would suggest that it's mostly Farangs that permanently litter. 

come have a look at jomtien there is a holiday on monday i believe and it won't take a rocket scientist to see what is happening...

3 hours ago, z42 said:

Ahh not seen one of these for about 2 weeks. And by tourists she must mean only the white ones ????????

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Those pesky tourists, coming here and littering... Shocking, ban them from coming.

After all Thai people always pickup up their litter and take it home, or bin it.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Gee you blokes love reading into something that isn’t there. Love pretending you are a victim.

The vast majority of tourists to Pattaya in the last 3 weeks have been Thais. Songkran, school holidays and four public holidays, including today.

I am sure the beach vendor knows this and was referring to them. 

But it don’t let that stop you from crying “victim”.

1 minute ago, micmichd said:

That is not true, you will find a lot of locals in the mix there too. You will find quite a few lao khao bottles as well.  As the Beach is a resource it needs attention. 

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

And I am sure this good citizen who works apparently on the beach, spends a good part of the day cleaning up as best she can, right? LOL. Perhaps if she did, her squawking might be more acceptable.

Much of that appears to have come in with the tide, and is a consequence of all the garbage dropped by locals that end up in the rivers and streams which of course go straight out to sea. The blame lies much closer to home than Ms. Limkum believes.

I also note that as someone who makes her money from tourism, she has a pretty piss poor view of her customers.

She's in the scene, and her observations are probably right. Those littering tourists are not her customers, by the way. 

3 hours ago, PatOngo said:

A total ban on tourists (and families) to the world class resort is in order. No Tourists...No Mess! Close Pattaya for 2 years like they did at Maya Bay in Phuket, that will solve the problem. As a matter of fact, why not shut all of Thailand off to tourists, make it the pristine clean country they try SO hard to achieve. Damn tourists!

Hit them where it hurts most: take their money for services if they want a clean beach. The easiest way to educate tourists. 

9 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Selective reading?? You see only beer bottles on the list?

...plastic bags, beer bottles, spirit bottles, discarded tins of cooling powder, foam containers...

Discarded tins of cooling powder for 'farangs'?

I've lived 300mt from Jomtien Beach for 15 years and walk along Jomtien Beach Road it's Thai's who sit on the sidewalk eating and drinking and leave all their rubbish when they leave. They walk out of 7/11 and drop their trash on the ground when they're standing next to a bin. They couldn't give a <deleted> about littering.

26 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

I agree, Thailand is lovely country just spoiled by some Thai people. For what its worth I used to say the same about France, lovely country just spoilt by the French

perhaps the situation in france is a tad bit more complicated????

What a lot of rubbish. this lady has rubbish coming from her mouth i would love to see around her house, the only people i ever see clean the beach are tourists never Thais , most of it comes from the rivers and streams which flows to the sea ,i have watched fishermen down near Bang Chang throw all there rubbish on the beach.

Archived