Filthy dirty Pattaya beach - tourists blamed for the mess

webfact

4 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

But ok for Thais to sit on the beach, pick their noses flicking "bogies" everywhere and spitting large lumps of phlegm everywhere on the sand is ok, 'cos its a Thai tradition !!!

Ah, you must be British, you know so much about it

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen worse but where I live, it is a filthy, unkempt, depressing eyesore.  Roads like the surface of the moon with long stretches of putrid trash and discarded household items dumped right along side them, minded by packs of mangy soi dogs.  The term "shit hole" comes to mind. 

44 minutes ago, losworld said:

come have a look at jomtien there is a holiday on monday i believe and it won't take a rocket scientist to see what is happening...

Don't know about Jontiem Beach, but in Pattaya Beach they started a beach cleaning project couple of years ago. Twice a week  50-100 Thais came and actually swept the beach until it was clean. Of course this is like Sisyphus work if in the next morning tourists come again and litter, regardless of the street signs everywhere.

Very strange!  I read an article this morning that stated: "Due to the stench of the sewers (because of no rain for a long time) the city authorities ordered the sewers washed" - result being the cr*p washed in the ocean.

Of course, a high level, super experienced beach operator will know it better, won't she...  What about the black water?  That's because of the tourists emptying their black ink-ballpoints in the ocean?

38 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Gee you blokes love reading into something that isn’t there. Love pretending you are a victim.

The vast majority of tourists to Pattaya in the last 3 weeks have been Thais. Songkran, school holidays and four public holidays, including today.

I am sure the beach vendor knows this and was referring to them. 

But it don’t let that stop you from crying “victim”.

So the operator should have stated it is mostly Thai tourists, example  pick-up 10 people beach party, no chairs hired.  2 big mats then drink and food unpacked.    50% comes in on the tide line,   Westerners fishing all day and night throwing rubbish overboard  ha ha

28 minutes ago, chriscommander said:

To whom it my concern.

If we do like this photo here in Thailand, that will help a lot for the beach and the Pacific-ocean.

I hope some from the government will se this, and react for some good idea to safe money and work.   

Mesh net.jpg

Although it would create a job for a thai i can't see anybody turning up to empty them

OMG i dont believe this, so laughable, blame the tourists and they probably mean farangs, not chinese,

so they saying farangs shit in the water, thats why there is raw sewerage, how about those speed boat operators take responsability for rubbish thrown overboard, and yes most passengers are chinese, but hey they are a protected society in thai eyes, so again must be farangs ( white tourists ) i can see more less tourists ( white farangs ) coming to this sesspit country more than ever. leave this to the chings, go to cambodia and be treated with respect and welcomed. i can see cambodia becoming the future thailand. piss off thailand you have worn out your LOS. now more like ( land of shit).

29 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

I've seen worse but where I live, it is a filthy, unkempt, depressing eyesore.  Roads like the surface of the moon with long stretches of putrid trash and discarded household items dumped right along side them, minded by packs of mangy soi dogs.  The term "shit hole" comes to mind. 

I've been to Liverpool too ????

But on a serious note why is it that even in Udon Thani, some villages are well kept and others 4 Km away are like you describe. Pattaya of course is no exception.  It just seems that some people take pride and others don't in their surroundings although everything has a cost.  Our garbage gets collected 3 times a week but when we lived in Pattaya it was once a week. Guess the cash for collection services was being creamed off and whilst corruption and getting hence getting money for nothing is many Thais highest priority nothing will change anytime soon. Just a shame its the Elite + Junta + others benefiting rather than the normal folk. In other words some people suffer from garbage created by humans and others suffer from human garbage.

Its a world wide crises and not just Pattaya's, if they stopped cucking plastic bags, spoons, straws every time you go shopping that may help. (Foodmart a prime example)

28 minutes ago, Fred31 said:
4 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

But ok for Thais to sit on the beach, pick their noses flicking "bogies" everywhere and spitting large lumps of phlegm everywhere on the sand is ok, 'cos its a Thai tradition !!!

Ah, you must be British, you know so much about it

Fred, you are spot on. im sure they teach nose picking in school, it is rampant over there, i remember going to a gogo bar on beach road, (the one with the gypsy joker biker sign outside. ((bunch of losers here in oz)) anyway there were maybe 10 girls on the podium pole dancing, and i swear at least 3 were picking there noses, one almost lost her hand up there, looked like they were all stoned, dead look on their faces, just going thru the motions except for the nose picking, i was amazed, reminded me of my 3 year old grandkids.

some things you never forget, and ive seen bar girls doing it, even a girl in 7/11 who was serving food, no gloves or hand washing, oh well thats Thailand.

30 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Don't know about Jontiem Beach, but in Pattaya Beach they started a beach cleaning project couple of years ago. Twice a week  50-100 Thais came and actually swept the beach until it was clean. Of course this is like Sisyphus work if in the next morning tourists come again and litter, regardless of the street signs everywhere.

It isn't 'farangs', but the 'natives' who use the beach at night. Even the Russians may take their rubbish with them and thrown them in the big bins and foreigners(other than Russians) rarely buy street food in foam containers to the beach.

So perhaps best you stop the Trolling. Western foreigners do not litter in this way. 

I have an apartment in Bkk and the building used to be around 50-50 foreigners and locals. The building is 15 floors at 20 rooms a floor, there's about four westerners left now ....... Carry on Thailand, you'll have the place to yourselves shortly, then you can start blaming each other...... Oh sorry my mistake,,,,,,,,, You're never to blame...... 

every day a team of beach cleaners in uniforms no less does their job at da nang vietnam beach despite masses of tourists including chinese. da nang does not have tons of touristic boats parked in the water nor tons of jet ski's. water is generally clean and there is no slimy feeling when you walk in it. no comparison with pattaya

1 hour ago, Kim J said:

Are you sure the locations you speak about are not those where Chinese tour coaches stop for lunch?

Hooorah!! I wondered who would be the first to blame the Chinese.

Yes there's a million attractions for the Chinese over on the darkside.

2 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

And .. the sewer of Payyaya ends just in front, a few hundred meters away from the beach…. also that waste is caused by the farangs...

Don't tell me you have based that "fact" on the number of extra large condoms you counted floating !!  ????

55 minutes ago, ginjag said:

So the operator should have stated it is mostly Thai tourists, example  pick-up 10 people beach party, no chairs hired.  2 big mats then drink and food unpacked.    50% comes in on the tide line,   Westerners fishing all day and night throwing rubbish overboard  ha ha

A thai operator speaking to a thai reporter from a thai news agency.

And you think they should specify that it is only thai people?

i see farangs littering all the time in Pattaya. Especially cigarette smokers.

No one said the westerners were doing it. You imagined that bit.

2 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Most Thai's treat there country as a rubbish dump.

The sea and beaches are just the same to them, a big blue bin.

If you ever seen a monkey eating a banana, then you should know where the peel is deposited. The people in this country are the same, difference is that they have their food in plastic bags.

5 hours ago, PatOngo said:

A total ban on tourists (and families) to the world class resort is in order. No Tourists...No Mess! Close Pattaya for 2 years like they did at Maya Bay in Phuket, that will solve the problem. As a matter of fact, why not shut all of Thailand off to tourists, make it the pristine clean country they try SO hard to achieve. Damn tourists!

No it will not, even if Pattaya was closed to all but the locals and local visitors, the sewage alone will make the beach and sea a disgrace forever.  There is nothing to be done here now, Pattaya will remain what it is now, a squalid, smelly, noisy, traffic polluted sewer of a City. There are many quite beautiful  and clean places further up the east coast, past Rayong,  that put Pattaya to shame, until the Thai's get a hold of them and destroy  them with over development, just as they have so many other places.  

Maybe Khun Ladda Limkun should walk around the streets of Pattaya and see the Thais litter their streets. They throw rubbish out of their car windows. Once I noticed a Cable TV installer installing new cable and connectors and throw the rubbish onto the street and leave it there.

Archived