Filthy dirty Pattaya beach - tourists blamed for the mess

webfact

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the bad tourists..........

call me a bad tourist ,since 2 yr, bcs i gave up, and dont care about rubbish anymore here

waste of time here..........

look at spain and  turkey ,many more tourist and absolutly clean

especally turkey , millions of tourists at the coast, the country is not rich, ..but in any corner,from the sea,to the city up to the mountains, its soooo clean !!!! a complete turnaround in the last 10 years, and its  a poorer country... bcs its so clean, i eben put my cigarette but in the trash and not on the street ...............and smoking drinking  can do anywhere, beach or...........  why its clean

thai officals have to travel there, to find out the secret ( hope they not foret 5min later)

summer i go again to nossy be, and find clean beaches and mangroves ( this year will pay the kids for clean up a mangrove beach , bcs its so clean, that a day clean w 5,,would clean a coplete part of 5km, bcs of low waste, plasticbags are banned or only aviable at supermarkets for 1 usd ,same the price of  1 kg fish)

bad toruists, rubbish in thai i find in any corner,in any soi, even sois where never toruists going..its overloaded from najomtien until  end of naklua..and sure all outside areas 

this is years of missmangament and ignorance... on the stockmarket a company produce strokes and plasticabags , thantawan industries  ,increase shareprice by 2000% , the enviromental sector incl all shares !!! is the worst performing sector on thai stock exchange since over 15 years...................... that say all !!!!!!!!!!

I for one will do everything within my power to repair and maintain this world class resort beach to its former pristine glory. I’ll stay away from it and go somewhere where locals don’t destroy everything they touch

25 years ago I was on Koh Samet. It was the beginning a long Thai weekend and lots of Thais were coming to the island. I sat on the arrivals boat jetty and watched the ferries heavily loaded with visitors dock. 99% of these visitors were Thai.

Without fail every time a boat was pulling up to the dock, many of the passengers would jettison their garbage overboard. Plastic water bottles, and wrappers that had been used whilst on their short trip were casually tossed overboard.

All the non-biodegradable crap. That was 25 years ago so it doesn't take any imagination to fathom out why Pattaya and it's environs beaches are such a mess today.

On 5/9/2019 at 10:44 AM, darksidedog said:

And I am sure this good citizen who works apparently on the beach, spends a good part of the day cleaning up as best she can, right? LOL. Perhaps if she did, her squawking might be more acceptable.

Much of that appears to have come in with the tide, and is a consequence of all the garbage dropped by locals that end up in the rivers and streams which of course go straight out to sea. The blame lies much closer to home than Ms. Limkum believes.

I also note that as someone who makes her money from tourism, she has a pretty piss poor view of her customers.

Most of it come from waste dumping from Kho Larn, tan on the beach mainly from Thai BKK turists , they represent +- 85% of the turists !!!!!

2 hours ago, Crustyhk said:

I for one will do everything within my power to repair and maintain this world class resort beach to its former pristine glory. I’ll stay away from it and go somewhere where locals don’t destroy everything they touch

Are you going to BKK international airport then 

Every rain fall washes filth down the streets into the sea.

walk along any street and you’ll see small vendors dumping their wash water and small pieces of filthy garbage into sewage drains manhole which eventually finds its way to the sea... it is actually the tourists that try to keep their beaches clean. Never in my 18 yrs here have I seen a Thai pickup garbage on any beachs

On 5/9/2019 at 10:45 AM, geoffbezoz said:

Of course its the tourists. Its only the foreigners that come to Pattaya,  install drains and poorly constructed pipes that allows overflowing raw sewage into the bay.  Of course its foreigners because as soon as they get here they charter a cargo vessel, anchor just outside of the bay and pump their bilges straight to the gulf. Of course its foreigners for allowing the Thai venders to throw their grease and garbage down the drains.

Of course its foreigners.  And then no doubt whomever can be credited with this mickey mouse reporting will then be complaining that foreigners don't understand the way Thais do things !!!

Correct, I remember years ago when there was a big drainage renewal digging operation down through central road, when completed it still flooded the following rainy season, if you were to take a look into the soi drains they are full of dumped oil and plastic bags polystyrene, usually by vendors,it all makes its way out to the sea, the law that all premises must have a 'dump pot' was in action,but, the drains still stank of sewage, and for sure the islands are still dumping their rubbish in the sea after daylight hours.

Whoever travelled in Pattaya's hinterland has noticed those endless strips and dumps of garbage with daily contributions by official green carbage collection trucks - among private additions. 

Just flip to the next article; it is yet another story of all the aliens at fault as the holy Thais would never ever be as inconsiderate. Why to certain people at the city hall not simply shut their big dirty mouth and get on with the work they actually are paid for? 

A country fining more than USD 3'000 for a smoke on the beach or jail sentence threats for a cold beer during a vacation day afternoon is not worth to be visited by vacationers. Go elsewhere and leave the pristine Thailand to Khon Thai - then only they start to understand, in what kind of pig stall they live and fingerprint at each other as there is no other alien to blame. 

Jomtien used to be OK to swim in and was a nice break from Pattaya.  But haven't been in the water in a decade and that streak is likely to continue.  Such a shame because Pattaya and then Jomtien to swim during the day was a great holiday.  Even swam in Naklua once, around the other point, but that was when the shore walkway was still intact and you could walk up along the beach from Pattaya.  Really was a pretty walk

This & countless many other discarded trash scenes I have seen ALL left by Thais on the beaches, in ditches, along the railway tracks, sidewalks & in fields. I have never seen a falang leave behind trash on a beach. Thais always have got to save face & pass the blame. 

IMG_8329.JPG

IMG_8327.JPG

IMG_8330.JPG

IMG_8331.JPG

When I rent a hotel room here it gets dirty and the people who profit from my rent clean it up so they can profit from the next customer. Perhaps they could apply this same theory to the beach that they profit from and those who expect to profit from it could Clean It Up.

Thais including this vender could care less about garbage/trash everywhere. The only reason she said something is because her chair rental business is probably down. She is just lucky the oblivious chinese/indians/thais are still around. And now with the air pollution the Thais have figured out a way to screw up the long view. 

Archived