Prachuap Khiri Khan: Mass urine testing of public health personnel in wake of drugs case

Prachuap Khiri Khan: Mass urine testing of public health personnel in wake of drugs case

news_RcRAwEGWCP173230_533.jpg
Picture: Daily News

The chief of the Prachuap Khiri Khan department of public health has ordered province-wide urine checks for drugs on 3,500 health personnel.

The move comes in the wake of a case where a nurse who turned out to be a drugs dealer stashed amphetamines and ganja in Prajuab Hospital's ICU unit and at her flat. 

Dr Samart Thirasak has ordered the urine tests be completed by May 15th. Army units will be mobilized along with protection agency personnel to help with the screening. 

In addition Daily News reported there will be searches of property throughout the province at hospitals, clinics and private addresses. 

The Thai public were shocked with the arrest of Duangkamon Phisutsiang, 30 and her 37 year old boyfriend who were dealing in millions of baht worth of Ya Ba, ice and ganja.

Quantities of the drugs were found in her locker in ICU as well as at the nurse's quarters. 

Source: Daily News

....been forewarned....???

...sounds like too little too late...'for show'...

...as for not screening employee lockers etc.....total nonsense...

...suggests possible collusion somewhere along the trail....???

Imagine if this was ordered in a Western country! How vertical this country is. How much the power is concentrated at the top. How greatly does the chief of the Prachuap Khiri Khan department of public health value and respect his hard-working medical professionals. I am sure all the nurses and physios and so on love being treated as if they were criminals.

I don't understand what one thing has to do with the other.  OK, they caught a drug dealer who happens to be a nurse. Why would that translate into treating every other medical professional like a criminal?  She wasn't even caught with pharmaceutical drugs which might have suggested looking into the fraternity a little deeper. But no, just common street drugs.

5 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Imagine if this was ordered in a Western country! How vertical this country is. How much the power is concentrated at the top. How greatly does the chief of the Prachuap Khiri Khan department of public health value and respect his hard-working medical professionals. I am sure all the nurses and physios and so on love being treated as if they were criminals.

In Canada, as a control room operator on a hydrocracker unit, I was randomly piss tested 5 times a year for 15 yrs and yes I felt I was being treated as a criminal without evidence. It is an American response instigated from the war on drugs and likely where the Thais picked it up.

21 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

What about all the other provinces? And what about all other Government employees including police and military?And what about politicians? I could go on but you get the picture, just more window dressing.

The other Government agencies have already provided their envelopes.

Shitty story for sure. Wish I had a nurse girlfriend with 10 mil in assets and willing to go jail over it! My wife is not willing....

A note to MODS and ADMINS. I think you should decide on news from Prachuap town (aka PKK) should be posted in Hua Hin ( 1.5 hour drive from PKK town) thread (where they don't belong) or Southern Thailand. Now we have 2 threads of this  in each!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived