Man arrested for raising protected Red-backed Sea Eagles in Krabi

webfact

Man arrested for raising protected Red-backed Sea Eagles in Krabi

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

427622.jpg

A man has been arrested for raising three protected Red-backed Sea Eagles in Krabi.

Officers from the Thung Thale Wildlife Sanctuary in Krabi arrested 52 year old Nirat Lakthong at his house in Koh Lanta.

Officials found the three Red-backed Sea Eagles aged around two months old in a cage near the house. They say that Nirat was raising them before selling them to hotel and tourism operators for 5,000 Baht each.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/krabi/man-arrested-for-raising-protected-red-backed-sea-eagles-in-krabi

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-05-09

What's the line on who spends more time in jail... 

This guy who raised eagles or the rich meth head who killed 2 people with his car?

Unless you have been convicted of a crime and are facing jail time, I fail to understand how the Thai judicial system or penal code would cause concern? Or are you simply highlighting that sovereign nations have varying penal codes?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, Sealbash said:

Unless you have been convicted of a crime and are facing jail time, I fail to understand how the Thai judicial system or penal code would cause concern? Or are you simply highlighting that sovereign nations have varying penal codes?

No, I'm suggesting that Thailand has one penal code for the wealthy and a different one for the other 99%.

Archived