How to get passport and ID for child, mother refuses to help.

Beowolf

I had a daughter in 2010 with a woman I never had a relationship with. She is now 8 years old, and is required to have an ID card. In this case both mother and father has to be there. She has always lived with me.

However, her mother refuses to be part of her life, and help me get the necessary signature on the documents.

If she don`t, my daughter will be without ID and passport.

She already have a Thai passport and a foreign passport, but they are long time expired. 

I have asked my embassy what to do, but no answer.

Just an idea; what if I told them she is nowhere to be found, what happens then?

Anybody with similar experience?

I take any advice I can get. We were supposed to visit her family in Norway this summer, but it`s not looking good. Getting desperate -

No. I have asked the embassy, but I need at least to have a signed permission and her original ID card. Witch she will not give me.

Maybe I just have to wait another 10 years until she is 18. The she still will only have her birth certificate. That is not enough to get f.ex insurance and other important papers. 

I will ask an lawyer about this. But most of them have no knowledge about these matters.

It is weird, because I have never had any problems with her before. Suddenly it`s an iron curtain between her and her daughter.

In regards to UK citizens with half Thai/UK kids , the kid is British and its nothing to do with the Thai parent  .

The child is British and you can get a UK PP on that basis .

You should try to get the current PP renewed , apply and see what happens 

10 hours ago, Beowolf said:

She is now 8 years old, and is required to have an ID card. In this case both mother and father has to be there. 

She already have a Thai passport and a foreign passport, but they are long time expired. 

I have asked my embassy what to do, but no answer.

Don't mention the Thai passport, get emergency travel papers from your embassy for her expired passport.

ID card, the school took our daughter to get her first ID card, neither parent was there, try another office.

I always keep 10 copies of my (former) wife's ID and house book, no need to ask her for anything.

Are you sure you don't have copies lying around somewhere, do they know what her signature looks like?

In Thailand the age of majority is 20, not 18! You will not be able tio get a Thai passport untill than without the help of the mother.

You do not mention that you were marreid to the mother, that begs the question if you have legitimized the child and thus are the legal father or not.

The ID-card is a legal regquirement, so I cannot see how it can be denied if you are the legal father. If youare the legal father ask them to put the refusal in writing.

You can contact the department of provicial administration, dopa, what the exact rules are or contact the ombudsman. 

The embassy told me they absolutely needs her mothers original ID card. A copy was no good. 

But thanks for the tip. I will try the emergency passport.

Yes, I have signed copies of her mothers ID card.

But she has never been registered in any house book. We have been moving around.

Then, of course, she will not be Thai when she returns to Thailand on a foreign passport.

That`s ok, she will get a student visa. She is going to Norway when she`s 18, and get her education there anyway. And hopefully stay there.

2 minutes ago, Beowolf said:

The embassy told me they absolutely needs her mothers original ID card. A copy was no good. 

But she has never been registered in any house book. We have been moving around.

Then, of course, she will not be Thai when she returns to Thailand on a foreign passport.

That`s ok, she will get a student visa. She is going to Norway when she`s 18, and get her education there anyway. And hopefully stay there.

If she already has a Thai passport , she is a Thai citizen and that cannot be taken away 

2 minutes ago, Beowolf said:

If she already has a Thai passport , she is a Thai citizen and that cannot be taken away 

43 minutes ago, Beowolf said:

But she has never been registered in any house book.

She needs to be in a house book before they will give her an ID card.

She should have been entered in a house book when her birth (as a Thai) was registered (I suspect she was).

Any Amphur office will be able to issue a copy of her house book entry if you produce her Thai birth certificate.

On 5/10/2019 at 8:27 AM, Beowolf said:

Even if she enters on foreign passport she will still be Thai and can extend on that basis alone for 1 year periods.  

Archived