buy condo in pattaya for investment / which one ?

nomad2019

23 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

So what is your suggestion for him?

Yes Northshore was good but seems to have reached it s peak. 

The only other significant ( for Pats RE) profit project recently was The Base with many going up close to one million b from the start of sales. 

The rest of the Pattaya area has been stagnant over the past several years. 

The Edge I talked about before will be and already is a profit maker. 

People are actually selling their reservations for a profit and construction has just begun. 

I like Cosy beach at Pratumnak, there's some nice places up there.

However i'd not suggest anything, to each their own, one must walk in their own shoes.

17 hours ago, AtoZ said:

It exist in every developed country.

Alternatively you can open account with Schwab - they also have ETFs where purchase / sale is totally free and no annual cost for the account.

I must be missing something. Are not gains withdrawn subject to capital gains tax? 

4 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

OP wrote "5mill sitting gathering dust "

Why not throw a huge party for us TV members?  Money likely better invested.

Why not? Because mods would have no power to keep order. Would get violent very quickly. Arrests, publicity, fines, deportation, the whole bit. 

• Haha 2

On 5/13/2019 at 2:30 PM, JSixpack said:

Why not? Because mods would have no power to keep order. Would get violent very quickly. Arrests, publicity, fines, deportation, the whole bit. 

would be like Game of Thrones final fight, but with walking sticks

On 5/10/2019 at 1:08 AM, AlexRich said:

Sure, buy a large house with a pool ... what could possibly go wrong?

Wanting to buy a large house with a pool, let alone buying in Pattaya or even Thailand just shows that the OP has no idea about investment or where to invest. Thailand ain't the place bro!

30,000 income in your dreams this is Pattaya cheap charlie country, maybe Bangkok but certainly not Pattaya, for 30,000 one would stay in a 5* hotel, yes i agree buy a cheap one bed, for about 2.5/3 mill, can get about 10/12 thou if ya lucky.i live in  a nice condo in Jomtien, pay 9000 long term, there are many in this block, with no occupants for most of the year, (8 floors, at least 6 condos been empty for months on my floor alone)

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, nomad2019 said:

ok, so.....where is there any good deals to be found , 1 bed condos in jomtien/pattaya.  1-2 mill baht.

anyone know of any ?  cheers

Take a look or Google Amazon in Jomtien. Two for sale recently 1.3 and 1.5 mill, the 1.5 never lived in, furniture still covered in plastic and TV and fridge still boxed 35 sqm , 1 bedroom. But as mercman says rent long term is 7 -10 k per month so annual returns if rented all year around 100k so 15 years to recover your money then add to that the  cost of re decorate after around 4-5 years, renew kitchen units after around 10 years and re tile bathroom. Replace TV, fridge, water heater, sofa, etc etc. Plus monthly condo jurisdiction fees to come out of the rent..............I've looked also but really not financially beneficial imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Take a look or Google Amazon in Jomtien. Two for sale recently 1.3 and 1.5 mill, the 1.5 never lived in, furniture still covered in plastic and TV and fridge still boxed 35 sqm , 1 bedroom. But as mercman says rent long term is 7 -10 k per month so annual returns if rented all year around 100k so 15 years to recover your money then add to that the  cost of re decorate after around 4-5 years, renew kitchen units after around 10 years and re tile bathroom. Replace TV, fridge, water heater, sofa, etc etc. Plus monthly condo jurisdiction fees to come out of the rent..............I've looked also but really not financially beneficial imo.

thanks

might forget about the investment and buy for me to stay and my gf to live in....if and only if i can clinch a very good deal.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

View Talay 2 (both buildings A and B) in Jomtien is a well-maintained project, centrally located  and within a walking distance to the beach, banks/shops/restaurants, 24/7 baht buses to central pattaya. A 37sqm studio would probably go now for 1.5 M baht or so. The maintenance fees are also low (less than 10K/year) and there no BS facilities like pirate ships/floating gardens (which no one wants and cost the owners a fortune to maintain). It seems to be busy year round, with obviously Sep.-Mar. being the busiest months, at least from my experience while staying there.

A lot of projects look great in the first few years after opening but then turn into ratholes once the owners stop paying their common fees and/or the managing company stops doing their job so it's good to stick to projects with a proven track-record.

Edited by mike111

12 minutes ago, mike111 said:

View Talay 2 (both buildings A and B) in Jomtien is a well-maintained project, centrally located  and within a walking distance to the beach, banks/shops/restaurants, 24/7 baht buses to central pattaya. A 37sqm studio would probably go now for 1.5 M baht or so. The maintenance fees are also low (less than 10K/year) and there no BS facilities like pirate ships/floating gardens (which no one wants and cost the owners a fortune to maintain). It seems to be busy year round, with obviously Sep.-Mar. being the busiest months, at least from my experience while staying there.

A lot of projects look great in the first few years after opening but then turn into ratholes once the owners stop paying their common fees and/or the managing company stops doing their job so it's good to stick to projects with a proven track-record.

I would have agreed with this a few years ago. Prices in VT have dropped, both sales and rentals...Also there isn't the customer base as previously so very hard to find tenants even befor Covid. 

20 hours ago, topthai said:

cheap condo dont have to be in the middle of nowhere, you have pad condominium, near bigc extra, 40 square meter at around 700000 but not sure at all it's the best deal, at least not for everyone

Nurin is good also.

Number one good price walk to Big C.

On May 10, 2019 at 8:51 AM, madmen said:

yeah right tell that to the millions who lost there entire life savings when the market collapsed in 2008 and literally fell off a cliff so fast that stop losses were unable to be triggered. I bought a condo here at the time but was told I was an idiot. Those same guys are back in The usa stocking shelves at walmart at 60 and I find that amusing.

I never lost, I never sold, it's been great since. The longest bull market in history. 10 years from March 09-march19. Average returns for s-p500 is 14.7percent

dow-15.03 percent

glad I never bought a condo , invested the principal, came out far far ahead, still have my cash, +++and don't have property I in the current environment in Pattay.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, baansgr said:

I would have agreed with this a few years ago. Prices in VT have dropped, both sales and rentals...Also there isn't the customer base as previously so very hard to find tenants even befor Covid. 

Also not everyone wants to live in Jomtien surrounded by tourists coming and going, i certainly don't, one of the down sides of being on the baht bus route

3 hours ago, mike111 said:

Didn't the last set of managers run off with millions from the Sinking Fund? But i agree it's one of the better low priced condos.