Wife out of control

6 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

Maybe screw up the application and get her deported. Can't do squat from Thailand.

If she's smart she will have already reported 'domestic violence' to the local police.

They will believe her (they always do), and will keep the report secret for her to use as 'evidence' in the future.

Victims of domestic violence are rarely deported.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, CLS said:

Not sure if I should reply. Now I do it anyhow.

It’s a disease called psychopathy. Especially spread over large parts of Isaan. Google it. There are studies on this subject.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

May be bipolar disorder. I'm sure my wife suffered from it.

12 hours ago, Glorfindal said:

Thanks for replying ... she is from South Thailand, and actually from a very well to do family. Seriously nice people. She is very much the black sheep of the family.

Is your marriage registered in the UK? If not, IMO you need only get her out by not applying for her to remain. Far as the fake abuse goes, gather evidence of her behaviour while you can.

If you did register the marriage in the UK, I can only sympathise.

10 hours ago, Glorfindal said:

Thanks for your kind words mate ...

she became like this after we married.

I just sit and take the abuse just now, and have indeed started recording as much as possible ...

So sad, I would happily share my life with her - not even as husband and wife, we used to be very good friends.

Horrible isn't it? The lovely woman you wanted to live the rest of your life with becomes the hag from hell. Happened to me. Had to leave Thailand. Ruined my life.

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Horrible isn't it? The lovely woman you wanted to live the rest of your life with becomes the hag from hell. Happened to me. Had to leave Thailand. Ruined my life.

Happens to everyone, some guys can't admit it, some guys haven't reached that stage in the relationship yet, if you're really lucky you will die (or she will die) before it happens.

PS.

It didn't ruin my life, but sure as hell added a big helping of disappointment to it.

And on the positive side, it gave me the opportunity to bang a hell of a lot of much younger women.

I don't know what to say other than sorry.  I went through a similar nightmare with a hong kong bar girl about nine years ago.  I would just lawyer up at this point and cut your losses.  Things will not get better, they will get worse.  This next comment may take you as a surprise, but if you're catholic and intend on marrying again, you may be able to get this marriage annulled in the church as fraudulent.  Not meant to be a religions statement, just trying to help out as best I can.  Best of luck. 

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The only thing that ruins it all is if you run out of money. It is pretty easy these days to divorce a Thai wife and find a new girlfriend and never marry again. Certainly a buyers market. 

31 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

The only thing that ruins it all is if you run out of money. It is pretty easy these days to divorce a Thai wife and find a new girlfriend and never marry again. Certainly a buyers market. 

Well..every Thai I ever met certainly knew the "art of the deal" and practiced it assiduously.

They make westerners look like ponderous pachyderms..

Also before you go jumping to make assumptions about infidelity, just think about this.  She is probably just angry that her life didn't turn out to be the fairy tale dream she had about living in England.  It's cold, the food is pretty bland, you can't find ingredients to cook a lot of Thai dishes, if she can even cook.  Shes bored and she's taking it out on you.  You said she had a horrible history?  Bars?  So she went from pocketing 3 or 4k baht a night if she's a looker, drinking every night and hanging out with other bar girls, four and five star hotels, maybe drugs to add to the mix, to the boring housewife role in england.  She's just bored.  Not much I can tell you man.  You can take the girl out of the bar but you can't take the bar out of the girl.  Sorry this happened.  

16 hours ago, Glorfindal said:

Thanks for replying ... she is from South Thailand, and actually from a very well to do family. Seriously nice people. She is very much the black sheep of the family.

black sheep.... aren't you the lucky one

You're getting a lot of support and advice here.

The courts are not as stupid as you may have been led to believe they are. But in the meantime gather up all the evidence that you possibly can.

In a round about way let the court know you married a Thai prostitute who is trying to take you for a ride and see what transpires. They deal with these cases on a regular basis. 

Often it's Polish or Romanian tarts marrying Pakistanis for citizenship and benefits.

Support Brexit.

I had 20 years exp in thailand and over the years knew 100's of flangs in relationships.  I couldnt use all the fingers of one hand to recall any successful relationships. The tripping point was invariably about money - your money

Bringing a tilak to the UK - officialdom will try hard to dissuade you for very good reasons - the success rate is<1%  and the grief rate  from fall out is disproportionately large

As one poster above pointed out, dont overlook the fact that there is a significant underworld mafia here thanks to mobile phones

From her behaviour she sounds autistic to me - that is an incurable nightmare in any culture

Chang Noi

Set up alternative e-mail account, send yourself an e-mail inviting you both  to Thailand (old friend getting married there or whatever) secretly buy yourself a single ticket back to the uk scheduled a week or two before both of your return tickets. While In BKK, get hold of her Thai passport and flush it down the loo while she’s sleeping, next morning tell her you’re popping down to the 7-11... get a taxi straight to the airport and disappear. Arrive at uk, inform uk immigration that you’re no longer a couple and change your phone number 

36 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Set up alternative e-mail account, send yourself an e-mail inviting you both  to Thailand (old friend getting married there or whatever) secretly buy yourself a single ticket back to the uk scheduled a week or two before both of your return tickets. While In BKK, get hold of her Thai passport and flush it down the loo while she’s sleeping, next morning tell her you’re popping down to the 7-11... get a taxi straight to the airport and disappear. Arrive at uk, inform uk immigration that you’re no longer a couple and change your phone number 

If you wan to go down the deception route you gotta be very very clever.  Your thai tart can smell cheating a mile off.  I wish you luck with your startegy.  What makes you think she wont have hafl her family there to spy on your 24/7.  Go up country, you are trapped

You should have made it clear a long time ago that you are the boss. You make the rules and she has to follow then. If not she can <delete> off. That is what Thai women are used to.

But obviously that's not what you did. You were not the boss so she is clearly the boss. And she does what she wants and you jump when she tells you to jump.

Now it's too late to change your established pattern.

I'm afraid that is a naive western way of thinking my friend - you are on their turf. They wait until you have stupidly decided to put down roots before they start dirty tricks. Then you are torn between getting your grab bag and writing off everthing you built up over 5 years or more

been there its not an easy choice and the longer you stay the worse it gets and the more imperiled you become

BTW they supermod has decided we cannot discuss the perils of thai marriage

Well it is a significant hurdle especially if she has overstayed ukwise.  But as I pointed out, he would have to escape first and that aint easy with the family breathing down your neck

Would you like to hear about the ex policeman who was poisoned?

19 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

One thing I've learned from these girls over the years.   Start giving her cash and watch her whole demeanor change.  That is a litmus test of what she's all really about.

Most of us didn't find out until we stopped giving them cash.

42 minutes ago, robint said:

if you want an insight look at you tube - serpentza on his experiences in china be prepared for a shock

I've seen some of this fellows videos in the past.

Is this what you're referring to as shocking?:

4 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

I've seen some of this fellows videos in the past.

Is this what you're referring to as shocking?:

I have also watched quite a few of his videos and I find similarities to Thai (women) shockingly similar.

10 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I have also watched quite a few of his videos and I find similarities to Thai (women) shockingly similar.

I find women all over the world shockingly similar.

The main differences appear to based on the entitlements provided by their countries legal and welfare systems.

Cheating, lying, stealing from and betraying the men that love them appears to me, entirely normal.

24 minutes ago, impulse said:

Most of us didn't find out until we stopped giving them cash.

They seem so in love with money, yet when they get any squander it away, usually gambling trying to get more. They just don't seem to stop and see the forest for the trees. Poorer people have not had the chance to learn that money does not = happiness. I truly think Thai women don't particularly like men. Not as companions of friends anyway. Seen of more as a provider and a nuisance to be tolerated. This could be true of many Asian women.

The other problem I suspect is many of us who come here are older. We've done everything been everywhere and pretty much want a quiet life. On the other hand your new partner probably is younger, ambitious and quite the opposite to you. Not only will you need to provide most of her basic needs she will be expecting a hollywood lifestyle. Travel etc. 

That was much of the problem in my case. I retired very early but did the sums and was happy to live in the lovely little village. Build a modest house, cars, motorbikes. Bought her some gold. Get set up for life here. Job done right? Then assume you can live modestly and quietly within your budget which was still far more than even a middle income Thai would have. I explained all this to mine before deciding to move here. "Yes yes understand". House built, everything done. Thats when the problems start. As soon as they aren't 100% on the profit side of the ledger. In their eyes the cash cow has dried up....you are no longer of use. Around this time she will also be starting to miss the "glamorous" life style of the bar. 

Archived